✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[19-Dec-2013] Coldplay @ Eventim Apollo, London, UK

Tash

Hi guys!! So I haven't really been on Coldplaying for a really long time! I just moved to the UK and haven't really found a lot of people who like Coldplay. I have always wanted to see them live, but never had the chance until now. I bought one ticket for this concert, so I am pretty going by myself so I just wanted to introduce myself. I am so excited I can't believe I am seeing them live, and I don't mind going by myself but it would be great to maybe meet some of you before? Anyways, can't waittt for the conceeeeert!

Hi guys!! So I haven't really been on Coldplaying for a really long time! I just moved to the UK and haven't really found a lot of people who like Coldplay. I have always wanted to see them live, but never had the chance until now. I bought one ticket for this concert, so I am pretty going by myself so I just wanted to introduce myself. I am so excited I can't believe I am seeing them live, and I don't mind going by myself but it would be great to maybe meet some of you before? Anyways, can't waittt for the conceeeeert!

If a lot of people intend on queuing up outside beforehand to get the best spot I'm sure we'll all start talking to one and another :)

Hi!

I'm going on my own as well, I'm sure lots of us will meet before!

:)

Coming on your own ? - don't hesitate - do it.

I'm lucky enough to have my daughter coming with me but I would happily have come on my own...... there's always someone to chat to... well as a 'Scouser' that's how I find it is. ( 'Scouser':- Liverpool person)

I had both sites running, refreshing and at 9:00, both turned to live. Tried the Eventim page first, but after selecting standing tickets I got a "this site is blocked" message from systems admin (something to do with downloading .exe files?. Luckily the GigsandTours page worked, and I had got tickets.

Lucky enough I only refreshed my mastercard securecode on thursday so I could remember it :)

Bring on show number 4!

Sorry in advance if it's raining, I've seen coldplay live 3 times and all 3 times it's rained

If a lot of people intend on queuing up outside beforehand to get the best spot I'm sure we'll all start talking to one and another :)

You're right! I think it'll be a cracking night...from my experience you'd have a job to find friendlier fans than the coldplayers :)

I had both sites running, refreshing and at 9:00, both turned to live. Tried the Eventim page first, but after selecting standing tickets I got a "this site is blocked" message from systems admin (something to do with downloading .exe files?. Luckily the GigsandTours page worked, and I had got tickets.

Lucky enough I only refreshed my mastercard securecode on thursday so I could remember it :)

Bring on show number 4!

Sorry in advance if it's raining, I've seen coldplay live 3 times and all 3 times it's rained

LOL so we know who to blame if we get wet then? :D ;)

The whole four minutes to finish an order is so scary! I managed to get my tickets through Eventim, registering my visa securecode on the way, but then I tried the gigs and tours page simultaneously and ended up with the register page AGAIN.. then I tried putting in the code I'd just registered and it kind of freaked out and said.. sorry you have already registered.. and threw me out.

Considering to come downstairs to You guys on the pitch (if possible) even though I have a seat for my bronze ticket . Don't wanna miss the fun!

Hi - first post and tbh I was a fan a few years ago (saw them at the forum and the Royal Albert Hall in 2002 I think it was) but kids have been the focus the last few years so not been following much music wise expect bob the builder :-)

But I couldn't resist this and I have to say is was easy to get tickets - surprisingly so. I kept waiting for something to go wrong but it was smooth as.

So can you get downstairs...

As long as you know two people who have downstairs tickets - you all go in the main entrance into the foyer and then ferry people in the downstairs bit using the two tickets - two go in, one come out with the two tickets and take the next one in etc etc.

Not that I have done that in the past :-)

I like the venue and have seen some cool bands there - Prince, Oasis, Nick Cave..Liberty X (dont ask) to name a few. Always had a good night and I am buzzing as this will defo be special. I had tickets to Radiohead there as well but my mate was a massive fan so I gave him the tickets (for no cash - I must have been mad) - bit gutted now tbh as I've still not seen them...things you do for mates.

Take it easy and see you there

Hi!

I'm going on my own as well, I'm sure lots of us will meet before!

:)

I'm also flying solo. So I will see you all in the queue!

Bring on show number 4!

It's show number 4 for me as well... And every time I've been it has been freezing cold. So does this mean everyone should prepare for a freezing cold, rainy day?

Maybe I won't queue for long then :stunned:

Coldplayers from Andover bring the crappy weather to shows :P

I might bump into you on the way home if your taking the train from waterloo (I'm doing what I always do* with London shows, driving to Basingstoke as there is a 1:15am train from London to Basingstoke as last reserve) ;)

*Ok, the only time I didn't drive to Basingstoke was my first Coldplay show at Crystal Palace where I ended up sleeping on a bench outside Basingstoke waiting for the first Salisbury train of the morning.

LOL so we know who to blame if we get wet then? :D ;)

The whole four minutes to finish an order is so scary! I managed to get my tickets through Eventim, registering my visa securecode on the way, but then I tried the gigs and tours page simultaneously and ended up with the register page AGAIN.. then I tried putting in the code I'd just registered and it kind of freaked out and said.. sorry you have already registered.. and threw me out.

I hate those 3d security codes as I can never remember the passwords for them.

Hi everyone :) I've read that some people are going to the show alone. Don't worry, I'm going alone too, I'm sure we'll all talk to each other in the queue and in the venue too :D

I wanted to ask some questions. Um, is everyone taking cameras? (The website says they're not allowed). I would take photo's on my phone but the battery is shockingly bad). Also, my seat is righttt at the back (the very last row!) How far away in distance roughly do you think the back row would be from the stage? I did phone the helpline for the venue but I was told to look at photo's on the website. Will I still have a fairly decent view of Coldplay or will they be tiny dots in the distance? Also, does anyone have any idea of when Coldplay will come on compared to other artists? I really hope they come on last so they've saved the best until last ^_^ If Coldplay come on first I think I'll be too hyper from their performance to concentrate on the other artists! Do you think most people have got tickets only to see Coldplay and aren't too bothered about the other artists? (No offence to the other artists). Ummm last question (For now :P) Have any of you guys ever cried during a Coldplay performance at one of their concerts? Sorry for all the questions! :embarrassed: I promise I won't be this annoying in person haha! :P x

Um, is everyone taking cameras? (The website says they're not allowed). I would take photo's on my phone but the battery is shockingly bad).

Camera Policy

The unauthorised use of cameras, video or any other form of recording equipment is strictly prohibited. 35mm and small digital cameras are permitted at most events but professional cameras with a detachable zoom lens are not. At certain events, the promoter may request a ban on all photography and signs to this effect will be displayed at all entrances.

link

Also, my seat is righttt at the back (the very last row!) How far away in distance roughly do you think the back row would be from the stage? I did phone the helpline for the venue but I was told to look at photo's on the website. Will I still have a fairly decent view of Coldplay or will they be tiny dots in the distance?

These photos might give you an idea:

refurb5.jpg

refurb6.jpg

Also, does anyone have any idea of when Coldplay will come on compared to other artists? I really hope they come on last so they've saved the best until last ^_^ If Coldplay come on first I think I'll be too hyper from their performance to concentrate on the other artists!

They will perform last, my guess is they will start playing around 9 PM.

Do you think most people have got tickets only to see Coldplay and aren't too bothered about the other artists? (No offence to the other artists).

Yes : )

Coldplayers from Andover bring the crappy weather to shows :P

I might bump into you on the way home if your taking the train from waterloo (I'm doing what I always do* with London shows, driving to Basingstoke as there is a 1:15am train from London to Basingstoke as last reserve) ;)

*Ok, the only time I didn't drive to Basingstoke was my first Coldplay show at Crystal Palace where I ended up sleeping on a bench outside Basingstoke waiting for the first Salisbury train of the morning.

Ahaha. Yes, yes we do :lol: Maybe it is because we are bringing the Andover vibe with us? :P

You very well may bump in to me on the train home then (or we can coordinate it...?) I'll be going from Waterloo back to Southampton Central*. My plan would be the 12:05 train all being well, but yeah, I have the option of the 1:15 if it goes wrong too. I'm rather glad the trains down to Southampton run until late otherwise I would've been sleeping on train stations far more than I already have.

(*I was perhaps going to go back to my parents place the night before as I'm on Christmas holidays after Coldplay, but yeah, I saw the trains and thought better of it)

Hi everyone :) I've read that some people are going to the show alone. Don't worry, I'm going alone too, I'm sure we'll all talk to each other in the queue and in the venue too :D

I wanted to ask some questions. Um, is everyone taking cameras? (The website says they're not allowed). I would take photo's on my phone but the battery is shockingly bad). Also, my seat is righttt at the back (the very last row!) How far away in distance roughly do you think the back row would be from the stage? I did phone the helpline for the venue but I was told to look at photo's on the website. Will I still have a fairly decent view of Coldplay or will they be tiny dots in the distance? Also, does anyone have any idea of when Coldplay will come on compared to other artists? I really hope they come on last so they've saved the best until last ^_^ If Coldplay come on first I think I'll be too hyper from their performance to concentrate on the other artists! Do you think most people have got tickets only to see Coldplay and aren't too bothered about the other artists? (No offence to the other artists). Ummm last question (For now :P) Have any of you guys ever cried during a Coldplay performance at one of their concerts? Sorry for all the questions! :embarrassed: I promise I won't be this annoying in person haha! :P x

I got tickets for Coldplay and Dynamo, I don't care much for the other acts

As for the camera policy, most likely anything professional looking will be banned (detachable lenses), they are not going to stop a small compact going in (most people have cameras on their phones these days)

Ahaha. Yes, yes we do :lol: Maybe it is because we are bringing the Andover vibe with us? :P

You very well may bump in to me on the train home then (or we can coordinate it...?) I'll be going from Waterloo back to Southampton Central*. My plan would be the 12:05 train all being well, but yeah, I have the option of the 1:15 if it goes wrong too. I'm rather glad the trains down to Southampton run until late otherwise I would've been sleeping on train stations far more than I already have.

(*I was perhaps going to go back to my parents place the night before as I'm on Christmas holidays after Coldplay, but yeah, I saw the trains and thought better of it)

Yep, quite a few trains heading back towards Southampton (and Basingstoke) late at night, which is always good :)

For sure, but out of reach I guess. We'll see.

I don't think there's gonna be a dresscode, but I am still thinking about wearing something else than a CP shirt.

Dress code ?????... never thought of that. At this age it's all about COMFORT !

So - better get digging in the wardrobe then.