✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[11-Mar-2014] Coldplay @ iTunes Festival, ACL Moody Theatre, Austin, Texas, USA

Tash

BTW…I"m a native Texan but live in DC so I urged my family to submit entries for the ITUNES tix since those were being given only to TX residents. No one in my family has won as far as I know. Good luck to those lucky enough to attend this one (I assume many on this site have seen Coldplay live and know what an awesome experience it is!)

The contest was open to anyone, no biased toward Texas. I live in Connecticut and was notified that I had won.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The contest was open to anyone, no biased toward Texas. I live in Connecticut and was notified that I had won.

The person I'm going with is from California. Winners were from all over. Though I wonder how many will actually go, and what they'll do with the unfilled tickets?

There were two separate ticket lotteries, as I understand it. One was sponsored by Coldplay "50 pairs of tickets," is what the band advertised, and the other was sponsored by ITunes and the rules stated you had to be from major cities in Texas (it asked for your address.) My sister applied and I thought of doing so myself, but didn't have a TX address. Did you sign up for tickets on the Coldplay website or ITunes?

Incidentally, there are people in TX who think they can buy tickets because there are inexpensive tickets available for other shows. But for Coldplay, it seems that ITunes wants to drive traffic to its net cast.

The person I'm going with is from California. Winners were from all over. Though I wonder how many will actually go, and what they'll do with the unfilled tickets?

So you got a ticket? Nice!

I remember when Coldplay appeared at the same theater the night before Austin City Limits fest in 2011, they did a similar ticket lottery giveaway and there were folks standing outside the theater with extra tickets they could not use and were giving them away to anyone who happened to come by in search of tickets. I saw a couple of folks who got in that way. That's when they were road testing MX tracks before album was released.

There were two separate ticket lotteries, as I understand it. One was sponsored by Coldplay "50 pairs of tickets," is what the band advertised, and the other was sponsored by ITunes and the rules stated you had to be from major cities in Texas (it asked for your address.) My sister applied and I thought of doing so myself, but didn't have a TX address. Did you sign up for tickets on the Coldplay website or ITunes?

Incidentally, there are people in TX who think they can buy tickets because there are inexpensive tickets available for other shows. But for Coldplay, it seems that ITunes wants to drive traffic to its net cast.

OK. I entered the coldplay.com contest.

Has ANYONE actually received their tickets yet via email or otherwise???

Have you gotten an actual ticket yet (I've just gotten email confirmation that the tickets are coming)?

I remember when Coldplay appeared at the same theater the night before Austin City Limits fest in 2011, they did a similar ticket lottery giveaway and there were folks standing outside the theater with extra tickets they could not use and were giving them away to anyone who happened to come by in search of tickets. I saw a couple of folks who got in that way. That's when they were road testing MX tracks before album was released.

Ha. That's what we did. We made friends with the ticket taker/doorman and 5 minutes before Showtime, he called someone over who had a stack of tickets and handed them to the 5 of us. I practically burst into tears. My husband and I had come from CA for the Festival and getting these ACL Taping tickets just iced the cake. It was my birthday weekend too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does any body here own an apple tv? Do you see the itunes festival app appear on home screen yet? I start to worry about mine. :\

And congrats everyone who got the ticket. Have fun. :nice:

Not appearing on mine but the app is now avail on mobile devices. I assume you have one (why get Apple TV otherwise?) so just view on Tuesday through airplay if all fails.

Not appearing on mine but the app is now avail on mobile devices. I assume you have one (why get Apple TV otherwise?) so just view on Tuesday through airplay if all fails.

I saw it already up on iPad, that's why I'm worried. The iPad is my sister's not mine. She won't be home on Tuesday, and I have to watch on apple tv alone.

So, I'll just wait until Monday then.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>We've made a Facebook event page for next week's <a href="https://twitter.com/itunesfestival">@itunesfestival</a> show. RSVP if you'll be watching the live stream <a href="http://t.co/RDwl91ycZi">http://t.co/RDwl91ycZi</a> A</p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/statuses/442353935102533633">March 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Response to person from CA who showed up at Moody Theater eve of ACL and got fix to see Coldplay's TV taping show: AWESOME stroke of good luck. If I didn't have a crowded work schedule, I'd fly down for the off chance of getting tickets at the door. But not winning made me think my bad luck would continue to the door of the Moody Theater:) Having my daily music session with Coldplay now so I'll look forward to watching from home.

So got the app sorted which I think is how I can watch it

But as there performing at 3 in morning uk time.

Will the performance be on there for later vewing ?

Usually you can watch the performance again on iTunes or on the app (for a limited time).

There might even be a Coldplay iTunes Festival live EP released after the festival but it would only be available on iTunes.