✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

All Your Friends

Tash

I would buy GS (Part 2) where Chris realized that it wasn't merely his fault of struggling with his wife. All Your Friends/Ghost Story pretty much had that tone and theme. Would love to hear more!

THIS. You summed it up perfectly.

There's drama and conflict in these two songs, not just the supine acknowledgement that the other person is "a sky full of stars". Other tracks in the vein of "Ghost Story" and "All You Friends" would've made for a great break-up album.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS. You summed it up perfectly.

There's drama and conflict in these two songs, not just the supine acknowledgement that the other person is "a sky full of stars". Other tracks in the vein of "Ghost Story" and "All You Friends" would've made for a great break-up album.

i have a feeling although ghost stories has a lot of potential to be a great breakup album by including songs like the bonus tracks, ultimately that was not the goal of the album. it is supposedly a declaration of unconditional love. understandable from the writer's point of view, but as a listener, it would have been much more interesting to see different emotions that a breakup comes with other than what's presented.

• 4 months later...

Jonny's solo at the end is an exact blatant copy of Comfortably Numb. He hasn't even bothered to change it slightly. I'm glad not many people have realized this though otherwise we'd have another Joe you-know-who on our hands ;)

Jonny's solo at the end is an exact blatant copy of Comfortably Numb. He hasn't even bothered to change it slightly. I'm glad not many people have realized this though otherwise we'd have another Joe you-know-who on our hands ;)

what, its played in a completely different way, and pink floyd's its slower and its on a lower chord, the only thing in common is that is sounds a lil bit the same because because its has the same "dancey" structure

• 4 weeks later...
Guest howyousawtheworld
[video=youtube;E5a51OonZDE]

Beautiful tribute. Only listened to this song a couple of times and never paid attention to the lyrics. Don't get why songs like these are discarded as b sides or deluxe edition tracks.

What the hell was that

Okay maybe it's because German TV shows war documentaries on a daily basis, throughout the whole year, and that's the reason why I find this video so utterly dull, but why did Coldplay dedicate this song to a war that happened a lifetime ago? :|

Ugh :confused:

What the hell was that

Okay maybe it's because German TV shows war documentaries on a daily basis, throughout the whole year, and that's the reason why I find this video so utterly dull, but why did Coldplay dedicate this song to a war that happened a lifetime ago? :|

37 millions of people died in a war started 100 years ago, I think it's good to remember them.

I like how every era has a song with criticism of this world: Spies, Politik, Twisted Logic, Violet Hill, Moving to Mars, All Your Friends.

I really had no idea what All Your Friends was about till I saw this video. Very cool song, with very cool lyrics.

[smoke is rising from the houses]

I like how every era has a song with criticism of this world: Spies, Politik, Twisted Logic, Violet Hill, Moving to Mars, All Your Friends.

I really had no idea what All Your Friends was about till I saw this video. Very cool song, with very cool lyrics.

shit i noticed that a part for spies and politik, my fav songs from every album is politics oriented

Guest howyousawtheworld
What the hell was that

Maybe due to the fact that it was a hundred years ago this year that the most awful bloody and costly conflict in human history commenced? When the small dignified man met their end in the most horrific and undignified fashion?

Millions of us had relatives that fought and died in it, indeed for some, relatives who can still be be recalled in living memory. For one my great granny had to suffer the loss of two brothers who perished in Belgium and France, both within 7 weeks of each other. One brother had his legs blown off and was carried back into the trenches by one of his friends. The other was never found.

Generations ago it may have been but the effects still resonate and set the scene for the most brutal century in Europe.

I was on the train yesterday with a poor internet connection. Attempting to play the video and the first 36 secs I got bored with it and plus again, blame it on the Internet connection. But I watched it again when getting home then thinking how much I respect this band for making this special song dedication for people during WWI who struggled for us living in a freedom society.

Thanks Coldplay :)

Coldplay really are at their best in angry mode.

I really want a proper angry song though. I don't think they've actually released one yet. I don't want like death metal angry or whatever, something like Damien Rice "Rootless Tree" or "Elephant" angry. You'll have to listen to them to understand.

Unfortunately I think they're too nice to release one :(

I really want a proper angry song though. I don't think they've actually released one yet. I don't want like death metal angry or whatever, something like Damien Rice "Rootless Tree" or "Elephant" angry. You'll have to listen to them to understand.

Unfortunately I think they're too nice to release one :(

1.36 is angry both musically and lyrically

Hmm, I agree musically, but it's still highly political lyrically. The "Yeah!"'s at the end kind of negate any kind of anger IMO. In Rootless Tree, "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you and all we've been through" is the main hook which, I know, you'll probably never hear that kind of thing which is that explicitly angry from Coldplay in a million years, but that is just my strong preference for a REALLY angry song :)

Imagine a song where Chris would swear in it, now that would be fun :awesome:

^ because the 100th remembrance day is coming up (11th nov)

37 millions of people died in a war started 100 years ago, I think it's good to remember them.
Ah okay, yeah the 100th remembrance day makes sense :nod:

Maybe due to the fact that it was a hundred years ago this year that the most awful bloody and costly conflict in human history commenced? When the small dignified man met their end in the most horrific and undignified fashion?

Millions of us had relatives that fought and died in it, indeed for some, relatives who can still be be recalled in living memory. For one my great granny had to suffer the loss of two brothers who perished in Belgium and France, both within 7 weeks of each other. One brother had his legs blown off and was carried back into the trenches by one of his friends. The other was never found.

Generations ago it may have been but the effects still resonate and set the scene for the most brutal century in Europe.

Yeah I know how terrible this war was, sulfur mustard gas and all the other delightful gems humankind came up with to kill their own kind.

I just thought people didn't need to be reminded of this as it was so terrible that nobody will ever for this past anyway, so I was looking forward for a nice, artistic video made by the band, and not old s/w pieces of war themed film.