✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MAGIC VIDEO (Videos in first post)

Jaes

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's not the first video that does not feature Will, Johnny and Guy. I think that they will be appearing in some video again, but I'm not sure if it will happen in Ghost Stories era. I think that because maybe this is really a break up album and it will be more focused in Chris, even with the videos.

Midnight features all of them.

Midnight features all of them.

Sorry, I didn't count it because I just was thinking about videos of songs that were singles! Anyways I have failed a little, X&Y had the four of them in all the videos and Ghost Stories era have them in Midnight. But maybe from now on the videos just feature Chris, as I said with the theory of the break up álbum focusing more on him.

Sorry, I didn't count it because I just was thinking about videos of songs that were singles! Anyways I have failed a little, X&Y had the four of them in all the videos and Ghost Stories era have them in Midnight. But maybe from now on the videos just feature Chris, as I said with the theory of the break up álbum focusing more on him.

I don't think Chris is so selfish as to make the whole album about him. There certainly appears to be elements of the new era (song lyrics, titles, etc) that hint to the separation leaking into the music (whether intentional, valid or not), but there are a whole 3 other members in the band that get to put their ingredients into the pot as well. I know you said its just a theory, but I really think its gonna stay that way.

I would expect right the opposite, that he would want to distract everyone from his personal issues and push the other three to the front...

But all of that is only speculation, we will see with the next video.

I don't think Chris is so selfish as to make the whole album about him. There certainly appears to be elements of the new era (song lyrics, titles, etc) that hint to the separation leaking into the music (whether intentional, valid or not), but there are a whole 3 other members in the band that get to put their ingredients into the pot as well. I know you said its just a theory, but I really think its gonna stay that way.

Of course the 3 other members also want to put their ingredients into the pot! But they can do it in the form of making amazing music and I think that maybe they want to stay in the shadows just a little, overall in this era, in the terms of not music related things. If they don't want to appear in the videos they are free to decide whatever they want. In fact, in Midnight they stay in the shadows somehow, you can see their shapes but you can't "see" them (0k, except at the end of the video). Anyways, if they appear in the next videos of Ghost Stories era, they will be welcome of course!

Zhang Ziyi has fun shooting Coldplay video

Chinese actress Zhang Ziyi spoke of her interesting and very special experience starring in famous British rock band Coldplay's new music video "Magic," The Southern Metropolis Daily reported.

"Coldplay songs are my favorites, but I’d never imagined that leading man Chris Martin would also love my movies. He invited me and the director is a long time friend of mine, so this is it," Zhang explained about how their collaboration actually materialized. She participated in the video shoot during China's Spring Festival in February in Los Angeles.

Swedish director Jonas Akerlund's profile includes many videos ranging from Lady Gaga, The Rolling Stones, U2, Robbie Williams to Madonna. Zhang starred in his feature film "Horsemen" in 2009.

The music video was presented in the form of a black and white silent movie, with Zhang playing the role of a beautiful magician named Cecile. Meanwhile, the band’s singer, Martin, plays two roles: that of Cecile's husband and that of famous magician Claude, as well as her assistant, Christoph. The video tells the story of how Christoph tries to become a magician himself in order to charm Cecile after realizing how problematic the relationship between the magician and her husband in fact was.

The video got 3.7 million views within the three days was after being uploaded to Youtube.com.

"The story's creative idea is very unique, depicitng a magician's love," Zhang said, "The filming techniques are not so different from [those used in] a feature film, but doing a feature film is much more exhausting."

As Zhang remembered, there was so much fun while shooting the video. "Chris would have to play two roles, one of which was evil. His evil role is very dramatic so he would get false teeth and nails. He was so into his role, that when his false teeth fell out, funnily enough, he didn't even realize."

Zhang changes styles nine times in the video, which, she says, are vintage but fashionable. "These are not what I can try out when doing a film, so it's very satisfying."

As for Zhang's impression of Martin, she said the singer was actually younger than she thought, "And he would always thank me during the filming. I think he is an especially grateful man. " Zhang also revealed that people will have the chance to see an extended color version of the music video.

link

checkout the video on the page for more behind the scenes pics. guess we are getting an awesome extended video.

Coldplay x Jonas Åkerlund

The Uncompromising Filmmaker Takes Us Behind the Magic with Chris Martin and Ziyi Zhang

“I came from music and thought there was nothing more compelling until I discovered filmmaking and realized what real magic is,” says Jonas Åkerlund, the vanguard Swedish director whose silent film-inspired music video for Coldplay’s new single “Magic” stars Chris Martin as a bespectacled traveling illusionist who falls for Chinese actress Ziyi Zhang. In a bespoke curation of on-set photography for NOWNESS, Åkerlund draws on his own, twisted Big Top experience. “I’ve been obsessed with circuses and live performances all my life,” says Åkerlund, who directed a circus in Stockholm in the early years of his career, long before pop collaborations with Beyoncé, Lady Gaga and The Prodigy, as well as ambitious feature films including the 2002 Brittany Murphy and Jason Schwartzman starring, Spun. “There was nothing traditional in my shows; it was a mix of circus acts, stunts, dancers, films and DJs. I tried to sell the show in Vegas but I was way ahead of my time. The show was too extreme, even for Vegas.”

Photographer: Jonas Åkerlund; Costume Designer: B Åkerlund; Production Designer: Emma Fairley; Hair & Makeup: Dominie Till; Ziyi Makeup: Ozzy Salvatierra; Graphics: Robin Olofsson; Photo Assistant: Luke Fisher; Retouching: Anders Thessing.

Look one: Chris Martin's wardrobe exclusively by Greg Lauren throughout

Zhang Ziyi: Headpiece, earrings, bracelet & neckless: Lynn Ban archives; dress: vintage; rings: Loree Rodkin & Elise Dray; shoes Giuseppe Zanotti

Look two

Chris Martin: Gunner Foxx House of Hats

Zhang Ziyi: Headpiece: vintage; earrings: Lynn Ban archives; arm piece: Atelier Swarovski; body suit: vintage; shoes: Giuseppe Zanotti

Look three

Chris Martin: Boots by Brooks Brothers; laced-up boots: vintage

Zhang Ziyi: Crystal sun glasses by: A-morir; rings & earrings: Loree Rodkin; Neckless & bracelets: Lynn Bann archives;Boots: Giorgio Armani; Outfit vintage

Look four

Zhang Ziyi: Headband: vintage with a Lynn Ban archive neckless worn as headband; dress: Vivienne Westwood; cape & fur: vintage; hand-jeweled pieces from Lynn Bann Archives; shoes by: Christian Louboutin; sword diamond neckless & earrings: Loree Rodkin; ring: Elise Dray

Ziyi Zhang pink kimono look

Crystal headpiece: Lynn Bann archives; diamond earrings: Loree Rodkin; kimono & boots: vintage

link