✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MAGIC VIDEO (Videos in first post)

Jaes

Here's the translation:

The music video is like a movie. They're resourceful and had a high budget for the video. A longer version with color will come out soon!

The last sentence also said the video is unlike regular music video.

:wideeyed:

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some related info. from an interview of Ziyi Zhang [actress in the MV]:

1. Reason to play in the MV: invited by Chris + love Co. songs + previous collaboration with Jonas Åkerlund, the director;

"side note": why didn't she ask Co. to come to China as part of the tour as "an idea"? Maybe she did already, as her soon-to-be-husband b/f, Feng Wang, is a famous singer, with some beautiful songs as well~

2. Almost the same as shooting a film/micro film, unusual resources/budget for a MV but very professional; A longer, colorful one to show later;

3. Chris looks younger and always says "Thank you".

personality split, or just for fun? or is love a kind of magic hard to decode or understand, but practise till a "rocket launching" level? feel a bit weird but sort of an authentic scenary of old 1920 -1930 Jazz days...as if a Chaplin presenting?

Only one thing: I don't understand why there's only Chris in the video. Why aren't there the others ?

We don't know! Nobody on this forum knows. Only the band does and they're as shy as always and don't say anything.

Only one thing: I don't understand why there's only Chris in the video. Why aren't there the others ?

I think the rest of the band are more uncomfortable being in the spotlight. Chris is the frontman so he gets a bit more exposure. I also think he gets paid a higher percentage? Possibly for that reason.

Well, it's not the first video that does not feature Will, Johnny and Guy. I think that they will be appearing in some video again, but I'm not sure if it will happen in Ghost Stories era. I think that because maybe this is really a break up album and it will be more focused in Chris, even with the videos.

How many videos have only featured Chris?

--The Scientist

--Strawberry Swing

--Magic

--POC

--Trouble? I don't remember correctly

Which ones am I missing?

Everyone was in trouble (both versions)

-animated one obviously

-Chris appears in a chair and Jonny and Will tie Guy to a chair

Only Chris in Yellow as well.

How did I forget Yellow?

So we have:

--The Scientist

--Strawberry Swing

--Magic

--POC

--Yellow

All super awesome videos tbh

I wouldn't put The Scientist, Strawberry Swing and Yellow in the same ballpark as Magic and Princess of China. But that's just me

So... in total 5 videos only featuring Chris? I have noticed that every video that features him is from a different era. Does that mean that the other videos from Ghost Stories will also feature Will, Jonny and Guy? If this is true, my main theory would not be right.