✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MAGIC VIDEO (Videos in first post)

Jaes

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to find some media description of Magic and found this:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/coldplay-learn-some-new-tricks-in-magic-video-20140407

Coldplay Learn Some New Tricks in 'Magic' Video

Singer Chris Martin plays both hero and villain in silent film

By Kory Grow

April 7, 2014 11:50 AM

By the end of Coldplay's video for "Magic," the light-alt first single off their forthcoming album Ghost Stories, frontman Chris Martin's head spins – literally. The plot revolves around Cecile, "a beautiful young 'magicienne,'" Claude, "her mustachioed husband, the famous but drunk magician," and Cecile's assistant Christoph – but basically it's an excuse to get an attractive young woman (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon actress Zhang Ziyi) who can pull off fancy, tasseled sunglasses to throw knives at Chris Martin, playing her assistant.

Stylized as a black-and-white silent film with "Magic" replacing the ragtime jazz that opens the clip, the video shows Martin providing a safe alternative to her abusive and misogynistic husband (also Chris Martin!), in turn fitting the love song with a love story. The story ends with a suitably "magical" finale.

Coldplay previewed Ghost Stories in February with a chilly video for the track "Midnight" in February. The next month, they played the new album, out May 19th, in order at a Los Angeles concert to a crowd of 800, and a few days after that, reprised some of those numbers at their iTunes Fest appearance during South by Southwest.

Martin also made headlines outside of his band in March when he announced his separation from wife Gwyneth Paltrow. In a post titled "Conscious Uncoupling" via Paltrow's GOOP newsletter, they wrote that they still want to keep the idea of a family for their children. "We are, however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been," they wrote. "We are parents, first and foremost, to two incredibly wonderful children and we ask for their and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time. We have always conducted our relationship privately, and we hope that as we consciously uncouple and co-parent, we will be able to continue in the same manner."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/coldplay-learn-some-new-tricks-in-magic-video-20140407#ixzz2yH63oiFB

Awe my he's far to handsome lol I like the video, what was that water scene for that they showed the picture of ? Did they comment on that at all after ?

If you're talking about the picture of Chris on the diving board, it's for the DVD/NBC special they filmed a few weeks ago in LA. It was on the video screens toward the end of the concert (I can't remember which song), but someone else described it more in the following link if that's what you were referring to. http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/99183-22-Mar-2014-Coldplay-Sony-Pictures-Studios-Los-Angeles-USA?p=5630355&viewfull=1#post5630355

I like to imagine Talk as a follow up this video where Christophe's power of levivation powers the spaceship and they hear rumours of Claude inhabiting a planet and find out hes turned into a giant robot!

I like to imagine Talk as a follow up this video where Christophe's power of levivation powers the spaceship and they hear rumours of Claude inhabiting a planet and find out hes turned into a giant robot!

:laugh3: I'll love to see that happen.

I'm going to take the unpopular opinion and say this is by far Coldplay's best music video yet. Again, in my opinion. X1000 better than Anton Corbijn's Viva la Vida and the original Trouble music video combined!

Even Strawberry Swing?

this seems to be the original source.

tumblr_inline_n3pmsbslMD1rdnviv.jpg

link

not sure what the website is. can anyone translate please?

Here's the translation:

The music video is like a movie. They're resourceful and had a high budget for the video. A longer version with color will come out soon!