✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MAGIC VIDEO (Videos in first post)

Jaes

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering... maybe Will, Jonny and Guy will appear in the extended color version?

I dont see how/why they would bother having them in an extended version but not the 'real' shortened version at all

The video on YouTube got views really fast but it has slowed down these last two days.

I was expecting this video to have about 70 million views in about 1-2 years but it doesn't seem very likely anymore :\

What do you guys think it will eventually stop at?

Edit:

Oh, I said I've seen Slashed, of course not, I was thinking about Shaun of the Dead. I don't have problems with horrors, I quite like them, but Chris with a knife in his heart is a different thing,

so, I probably shouldn't watch Slashed... :-)

The video on YouTube got views really fast but it has slowed down these last two days.

I was expecting this video to have about 70 million views in about 1-2 years but it doesn't seem very likely anymore :\

What do you guys think it will eventually stop at?

I don't think most Coldplay videos actually go over 70 million views. Also, the pace at which the number of views increases depends on how successful the song is. Paradise got over 100 million views in, what, a year? It took like 5 years for VLV to reach the same number. I don't think Magic will reach that many views, but if A Sky Full of Stars is their net big hit, and if it's promoted properly, then maybe it will after several months, I guess. I wouldn't expect it to get dozens of millions of views in a few weeks though.

I don't think most Coldplay videos actually go over 70 million views. Also, the pace at which the number of views increases depends on how successful the song is. Paradise got over 100 million views in, what, a year? It took like 5 years for VLV to reach the same number. I don't think Magic will reach that many views, but if A Sky Full of Stars is their net big hit, and if it's promoted properly, then maybe it will after several months, I guess. I wouldn't expect it to get dozens of millions of views in a few weeks though.

It's quiet odd, isn't it? I mean, Coldplay is like the biggest band in the world, don't know why their YouTube videos don't get that many views. I thought this song would be a hit, and the way it was going I was really expecting like 70 million +/- views. I guess the only way it could be saved now is if it explodes later on like One Republics Counting Stars. But yeah, right now Magic seems to be going Charlie Browns direction. Beautiful, underrated song, stopping at 30 million views.

And if Timber can reach 200 million views I don't know why Magic shouldn't. oh man people today got bad music taste

I actually don't like then song gets SO many views. Everyone on facebook just shares the song and that makes song little corny. We all know that a lot of amazing songs have just a few views meanwhile crappy mainstream songs gets billions of views.

Coldplay's Magic: exclusive behind-the-scenes video

How did Chris Martin levitate? Where did Ziyi Zhang learn to throw knives like that? Go behind the scenes with Coldplay in this exclusive video by Pete Ohs

Freddie Mercury dons a cape for Queen's It's a Kind of Magic, Ric Ocasek of the Cars walks on water during Magic, and then there's Mark Owen's sublime chest cramped into a women's vest top on Take That's Could It Be Magic … As pop and rock history proves, there are many ways to play with magic in music.

For Coldplay's video for new single Magic, Grammy-winning Jonas Åkerlund has created a world that centres around a travelling circus, the Masters of Marvel, set in the 1920s and starring Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon's Ziyi Zhang as Cecile, a beautiful young magician. Coldplay frontman Chris Martin plays both the part of Christophe, a magician's doting assistant and also Claude, Cecile's brutish husband.

Following the release of the video earlier this month, we have a behind-the-scenes film by Pete Ohs, including pigeon-based bloopers and the secrets behind Martin's newfound levitation skills. Let us know what you think.

[video=youtube;Vs4rH0T_0Jk]

link