✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MAGIC VIDEO (Videos in first post)

Jaes

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awe my he's far to handsome lol I like the video, what was that water scene for that they showed the picture of ? Did they comment on that at all after ?
It was confirmed not to be for the Magic video. I believe it was answered by The Oracle.

for the people saying that in my place and clocks had better videos, do you have eyes? In my place is really really boring, the guys are playing and what else? Nothing, whats the point to have a video that shows the guys playing without any reason, it's not even "live" there's actually no reason to make a video like that. It shows that they had 0 ideas for in my place and they went "oh well it HAS to have a video because it's a single, so what about we just play a look bored as hell?". Same goes with clocks, with a standing audience that has no meaning and doesn't add anything to the video or the music, it has great colours but nothing other than that. At least Magic makes you feel something and tells a story, may be corny but at least there's a reason behind the video

My counter to that is that Coldplay are known for giving great live performances and enthusiasm. They are not known for their acting. I would rather they play to their strengths in that regard then showcase their weaknesses. In my view, they were enthusiastic in the In My place video and the whole band showed up! In my view as well, Clocks was a little window as to what their actual live performance was like (lasers and such). To each their own, but I would still rather they keep the acting to a minimum.

For the fan girls:

My, how considerate, thank you :charming:

:omgomg: :omgomg: :bomb: :dazzled: :dazzled: :dazzled:

I collapsed about 15 times :dead:

Chris is waaaaaaaayyyy too handsome to handle omfg omfg

oh

my

god

Perfect

PERFECT

BkoAnCdCQAEgZLj.png

:dead:

LOL, okay so I wasn't the only one having (almost) the same reaction at this frame! :lol::laugh3:

for the people saying that in my place and clocks had better videos, do you have eyes? In my place is really really boring, the guys are playing and what else? Nothing, whats the point to have a video that shows the guys playing without any reason, it's not even "live" there's actually no reason to make a video like that. It shows that they had 0 ideas for in my place and they went "oh well it HAS to have a video because it's a single, so what about we just play a look bored as hell?". Same goes with clocks, with a standing audience that has no meaning and doesn't add anything to the video or the music, it has great colours but nothing other than that. At least Magic makes you feel something and tells a story, may be corny but at least there's a reason behind the video

Was about to say the same. What is it with people wanting music videos that show people standing around playing instruments and nothing else? That's what concerts are for, not music videos!

tumblr_n3nzrvaiPX1qho3ipo1_400.gif

*waves back pathetically at montior*

I had every intention of doing homework before class and then I saw the video...

omg do they know what they are doing to us girls. He's so handsome and adorable and how can you not fall in love with Chris after watching that video??? :heart:

Fangirling out and I don't even care to hide it. Well, trying to control myself, I am at school right now :P

I cant read the second word in the character description of "claude" at the start, and it's frustrating me lol. An interesting observation though; the symbol on the skull at the top of the screen in the opening scene, as seen in the magic artwork.

Are you sure they were enthusiastic during the in my place video

You're right, those 3 screencaps are a clear representation of the whole MV. And yes, I would say Guy and Jonny look more enthusiastic in this video than Magic because THEY ARENT IN MAGIC.

To be honest, perhaps 'enthusiastic' isnt the right word. The main thing im trying to get across is the the boys arent actors and when they try to act, it doesn't look good.

Hey, Chris' acting was great! I really love this video. :)

AAAHHH I'M FANGIRLING CHRIS IS SOOOO PERFECT HE IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CREATURE IN THE WOOORLD HOW CAN HE BE THAT HOOOT OMG I'M MELTING HOLD ME PLEASEEE

You're right, those 3 screencaps are a clear representation of the whole MV. And yes, I would say Guy and Jonny look more enthusiastic in this video than Magic because THEY ARENT IN MAGIC.

To be honest, perhaps 'enthusiastic' isnt the right word. The main thing im trying to get across is the the boys arent actors and when they try to act, it doesn't look good.

just let them have fun... the fact is that they AREN'T actors so they don't have to be GOOD at it, but if they want to tell a story do you prefer them trying to be actors and be part of the story or hire some profressional actors so they don't have anything to do with it?

just let them have fun... the fact is that they AREN'T actors so they don't have to be GOOD at it, but if they want to tell a story do you prefer them trying to be actors and be part of the story or hire some profressional actors so they don't have anything to do with it?

oh, you mean like 'God Put a Smile Upon Your Face'? To be blunt, hell yes, I prefer that video to this video. Let the actors act, let the singers sing. I think you'll agree GPASUYF fits your description exactly: they hired some actors to act out the story and in the gaps had the band playing; best of both worlds.

I don't want this to spiral out of control, let me be clear that this is my opinion. I get that a majority do like this video. I'm not here to rain on your parade or anyone elses, but I thought I'd at least point it out.