May 28, 201412 yr Said this on the last page but it got caught at the bottom so I'll shamelessly repost: Jonny uses a guitar slide to make the bird chirp noise by rubbing it on the strings above the pickups (as in the part of the guitar where you can't even finger notes), and Will using the ebow to make the more melodic guitar part (like in Amsterdam). I'm aware of how Jonny's doing it because the guitarist in my band does the bird noise thing in one of our songs. Not to get technical about it of course - I'm glad I'm not the only one who appreciates that they're working hard to make the atmosphere. I think that's my first time hearing O Part 2 "live." Cool stuff. Edit - I'm glad the radio is playing Atlas... :) ...in which Jonny uses both a slide and ebow at the same time. :D (nice picture jc90)
May 28, 201412 yr Said this on the last page but it got caught at the bottom so I'll shamelessly repost: Jonny uses a guitar slide to make the bird chirp noise by rubbing it on the strings above the pickups (as in the part of the guitar where you can't even finger notes), and Will using the ebow to make the more melodic guitar part (like in Amsterdam). I'm aware of how Jonny's doing it because the guitarist in my band does the bird noise thing in one of our songs. Not to get technical about it of course - I'm glad I'm not the only one who appreciates that they're working hard to make the atmosphere. I think that's my first time hearing O Part 2 "live." Cool stuff. Edit - I'm glad the radio is playing Atlas... :) ...in which Jonny uses both a slide and ebow at the same time. :D (nice picture jc90) The e-bow *Taken from performance of O (Fly On) on NBC Special. oh thanks
May 28, 201412 yr The concert was really cool but I'm so sad the tour is already over. Do you think there is a possible tour if the album sell really well in the world?
May 28, 201412 yr The concert was really cool but I'm so sad the tour is already over. Do you think there is a possible tour if the album sell really well in the world? Tour is not over, still a few dates left. And i'm more a fan of the LP7 theory for touring
May 28, 201412 yr Oh man, they should have been playing played O instead of Fix You (I've heard it too much)! And thanks for posting the setlist ;) And like others said, I found the gig a bit short too.
May 28, 201412 yr The sooner the tour ends, the sooner we get LP7 and consequently from that, I'll get to go to my first coldplay stadium concert :dazzled:
May 28, 201412 yr This link to a live version of Green Eyes (from this concert of course) has been posted on ColdplayAtlas via twitter: http://42-coldplay.tumblr.com/post/87125096767/coldplay-green-eyes-paris-28-may-2014 Source: https://twitter.com/ColdplayAtlas/status/471745524589428736 So lovely this country vibe :dazzled: Maybe someone can rip it from tumblr somehow? ^^
May 28, 201412 yr Is anyone listening to NJR radio. They are playing Christmas Lights now. :) Psh, I don't need NJR for that, I can whip it out on my phone/PC anytime! What a weird time to play christmas music. We're about as far away from Christmas on the calendar as possible right now
May 28, 201412 yr <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Can't beat a Christmas song at the end of May! It starts earlier every year! <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23ChristmasLights&src=hash">#ChristmasLights</a> <a href="http://t.co/gwoSfvNBCR">http://t.co/gwoSfvNBCR</a></p>— Coldplay News (@coldplaying) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplaying/statuses/471746744792133633">May 28, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
May 28, 201412 yr Christmas Lights strange songchoice! Lol. Great nonetheless! Just gonna keep this on all night. Sounds like my prefect radio station :D! Haha.
May 28, 201412 yr Is anyone listening to NJR radio. They are playing Christmas Lights now. :) Christmas Lights? HECK IT'S ONLY ANOTHER 7 MONTHS WHY NOT :awesome:
May 28, 201412 yr This link to a live version of Green Eyes (from this concert of course) has been posted on ColdplayAtlas via twitter: http://42-coldplay.tumblr.com/post/87125096767/coldplay-green-eyes-paris-28-may-2014 Source: https://twitter.com/ColdplayAtlas/status/471745524589428736 So lovely this country vibe :dazzled: Maybe someone can rip it from tumblr somehow? ^^ Fantastic rendition - I think Chris is using the same guitar as he uses in Ink. Jonny's guitarwork is very cool too. Reminiscent of album version but fresh/new in other ways. :D Thanks for the link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 28, 201412 yr second time Christmas Light was played while I have been listening to the NRJ stream Nice to hear O (Fly On)
May 28, 201412 yr Psh, I don't need NJR for that, I can whip it out on my phone/PC anytime! What a weird time to play christmas music. We're about as far away from Christmas on the calendar as possible right now :laugh4: bah-humbug..!! ;)
May 28, 201412 yr What is Chris singing at 4:48 onwards... [video=youtube_share;nn1SwPgiY54] 1D cover
May 28, 201412 yr 1D cover Not at the beginning, at the end. Something like: "cheery cherry now we got to go, merry, merry..."
May 28, 201412 yr Fantastic rendition - I think Chris is using the same guitar as he uses in Ink. Jonny's guitarwork is very cool too. Reminiscent of album version but fresh/new in other ways. :D Thanks for the link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They should've recorded the song in this style as the album version :D It all reminds me of Joe Purdy songs...does anybody like his music too? ^^ My pleasure sharing the link with you, MosesTheMarshmallow! ;)
Create an account or sign in to comment