✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2015 LP7???

Wilson

You are still doing a poor job at describing to me what a normal song is.. You're only listing examples but no actual defining trait that you seem to attach to a normal song. You seem to list songs from the earlier Coldplay era and call them your normal songs and when Paradise is brought up, you make a point to discount it as a normal song (by design or coincidence and seemingly because you aren't a fan of it).

And another thing, i'll be honest with you like you asked. I do not think the new songs are dull. I do not think they are less creative. I do not thing it's less Coldplay.

ok let me ask you smth do you like midnight or yellow better?....what song would you hear 3 times in a row ? which song makes you pick up the guitar and play it ? i wanted to say its a thing of taste but first off answer this questions

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok let me ask you smth do you like midnight or yellow better?....what song would you hear 3 times in a row ? which song makes you pick up the guitar and play it ? i wanted to say its a thing of taste but first off answer this questions

:curtain:

3 times in a row: Midnight

Picking up my guitar: Yellow

:escaping2:

To answer your questions:

As of this moment, I like Midnight better, I rather hear Midnight 3 times in a row (because i've already heard Yellow many times in a row), I would rather play Yellow on guitar 'cause I havent learned Midnight yet.

Hypothetical: Even if I like Yellow better, does than automatically make Midnight a bad song? Why must I choose between the 2 songs? Why can't I like both songs? Does a parent not love all their children?

Midnight over Yellow. Yellow has its moments, but its been overplayed. Coldplay has many better songs, even from Parachutes.

I'm actually agreeing with this. Not that Midnight is better, but that there are better songs on Parachutes. Maybe after some radio play you'll be just as sick of Midnight as you are Yellow ;)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

LP7, if next year, will be the album we've all been waiting for. A return to A Rush-styled guitar/piano rock with a modern twist. But it makes sense now that they are exploring a darker spectrum with electronics. Since most of the songs on the next album would have been written around the same time as GS, it probably has a relatively dark tone, though not as sad as this one is. Either that, or they turn into a full on electronic-rock band and do something else, but I seriously doubt it. I mean, I myself, would listen to it, but it's time to take a step back after you've made full progression. Some fans have a problem with them doing that, but many of the great prog rock bands did that- The Beatles (aka founder of prog) did it in White Album/Let it Be, Queen in The Miracle, Radiohead with In Rainbows (this one is a bit sketchy since Radiohead probably will never go back to Bends era). Coldplay will never do another A Rush, or Parachutes, but the style and tone can and will be sampled again because its full circle.

• 2 weeks later...

I think chris' zane lowe interview gives more credence to this story. he mentioned that coldplay had sessions with madeon and some other producer I can't remember. and that coldplay wanted ghost stories to be personal and quieter and the songs from these sessions didn't fit the album. also he mentioned how a lot of songs were written but the songs in ghost stories were selected carefully to fit the overall theme they wanted for it,i haven't heard of the band making songs in an era aimed for a different release intentionally and they always talk about the importance of putting everything in to the album they are making.

so i think there is a high possibility of getting the follow up album sooner than later. BUT based on the producers chris mentioned in the interview, the album MAY not be the cup of tea of those who hate/dislike ASFOS coz the sessions seem to have been with more DJs..

• 3 weeks later...

i think they have already been doping hints at a new album soon (unless im just going insane) have any of you seen the ghost stories film yet? they usually get rid of all props from the last era and sell them for charity but on this set Johnny still had his MX guitar and there was an MX style amp, this made me think ghost stories is just a "transition album" from MX to LP7, what do you think am i insane or is that a good enough excuse to get exited? XD

Well Chris said on a recent interview that a certain song they were working on wouldn't be out until next year but he couldn't say more about it, so it seems likely that LP7 is planned for next year. However, Coldplay always seems to schedule their albums to be released years before they actually are.

i think they have already been doping hints at a new album soon (unless im just going insane) have any of you seen the ghost stories film yet? they usually get rid of all props from the last era and sell them for charity but on this set Johnny still had his MX guitar and there was an MX style amp, this made me think ghost stories is just a "transition album" from MX to LP7, what do you think am i insane or is that a good enough excuse to get exited? XD

Be that as it may it seems they always keep a couple things around. In the VLV era, I feel like I saw Jonny and/or Chris playing the VLV era Telecaster thinline but I might be making that up. I distinctly remember Jonny played the VLV era Les Paul on Violet Hill though (though that's not painted in VLV style). Also, you could argue the sunburst Telecaster that Jonny is playing now is an AROBTTH/X&Y keep-over.

That said, it could indeed be a clue.

Guest howyousawtheworld
LP7, if next year, will be the album we've all been waiting for. A return to A Rush-styled guitar/piano rock with a modern twist. But it makes sense now that they are exploring a darker spectrum with electronics. Since most of the songs on the next album would have been written around the same time as GS, it probably has a relatively dark tone, though not as sad as this one is. Either that, or they turn into a full on electronic-rock band and do something else, but I seriously doubt it. I mean, I myself, would listen to it, but it's time to take a step back after you've made full progression. Some fans have a problem with them doing that, but many of the great prog rock bands did that- The Beatles (aka founder of prog) did it in White Album/Let it Be, Queen in The Miracle, Radiohead with In Rainbows (this one is a bit sketchy since Radiohead probably will never go back to Bends era). Coldplay will never do another A Rush, or Parachutes, but the style and tone can and will be sampled again because its full circle.

We kind of had A Rush of Blood To The Head part II with X&Y and that was a bit lumpy. X&Y is the Temple of Doom to AROBTH's Raiders of the Lost Ark. I don't believe Coldplay will and go back down that route and I don't believe they should. Atlas, while being a nice song (nothing more or nothing less), is a bit too self referential without taking it's own form, hence being a perfect throwaway movie soundtrack track. Pitchfork accused GS of being self referential but I think that's complete bullshit because while it may conjure up the same introspective feel that Parachutes did it does so in a much different form.

Well Chris said on a recent interview that a certain song they were working on wouldn't be out until next year but he couldn't say more about it, so it seems likely that LP7 is planned for next year. However, Coldplay always seems to schedule their albums to be released years before they actually are.

What interview was this?

i like the album now that i've listened to it all, but choosing midnight over yellow makes me wanna motherfucking murder you all

Again, with the same response as I gave you months ago on the same statement, I ask you why I can't choose to like both songs? I've got plenty of room on my phone/computer to be able to fit both songs on it.