✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Songs/poems/any pieces of wrting members have done.

Jarrad

Thanks! Yeah things are better now. It was mostly about how I'm in college at the moment and I was an undecided major and everybody always said "you got time" and I always wondered if they really knew what they were talking about or where just trying to make me feel better. The lines just after the first are kind of that high after someone gives me advice like that, kind of like "Oh every things fine I guess!". Then kind of the different paths that are available to students. "Say a word and a rhyme" is kind of the artistic route with poetry, music, or writing. "Shoot a tequila with lime" is the party lifestyle. "Buckle down and tell myself everything's fine" is the studious route. The "Give up my values" line is about the business route and climbing the corporate ladder.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh I see, that makes sense. You put it together very well for the context.. Here's a short essay that I wrote. It's just my opinion.

Today I was thinking about evolution and what it really means for us. We are at a point in history where we have the most advanced technology that the world has ever seen. We have developed cars, planes, trains, and hand held devices that connect us to people around the planet. In many ways, we have evolved immensely, with the most beneficial of our scientific discovery being medicine. But all these things aside, why do we still have war, poverty, discrimination and inequality? It’s clear that although we have progressed in some aspects of life, the conflicts between other cultures, countries and even people within the same denomination have remained the same for thousands of years. The question then is this; at what point do we start evolving socially?

Humans in their quest to answer questions of life and death have come up with elaborate stories to explain not only the natural world, but also what they indentify as the “spiritual world”. The answers to these questions as well as the stories surrounding people of history have caused a great divide in our ability to unify as people, creating great indifference between cultures, and even people within one culture. Religion is one of the main reasons for the status quo of the world. Every religion has rules, regulations, and puts forth a story of events from the past which comes along with it its own teachings. We constantly live our life based on things that have happened in the past and it paralyses us from moving forward. Even our calendar system is referenced to Yeshua. It’s as if people don’t know how to live a righteous life without referencing teachings that were written thousands of years ago. Every person with a normal functioning brain has a conscience that tells them if they’ve done something wrong, you should be your own judge, no other should be needed. That being said, religion is not a necessary aspect of life. You do not need a book or any person for that matter to tell you how to live. You have the knowledge of what’s right and wrong and you only need to be conscious when making decisions to realise which of the two it is, that’s the beauty of choice. This sort of knowledge is taught by the most important teachers on the planet; parents.

To create a new world, the most crucial role we can play as people is to be good parents and good teachers. We teach children morals and values, and influence thought patterns. Although we can’t dictate their ultimate destiny, we can still help them on the right path. The scientific truth of the universe is easily understandable, and it is a view that empowers people as well as bringing contentedness in life. It is a view that is not of mysticism, but instead scientific truth. Schools need to teach the interconnectedness of the world and universe. Ultimately if everyone had that knowledge, unity would be created, as ignorance would be obsolete and the truth of the universe would be uncovered. The age old saying “we are one” would be realised and not only that, also lived. Once this realisation has manifested in the mind of a person, instead of being a rogue ant that goes out looking for food for its self, it would collect food for the colony. The ant colony is a perfect model for how we should exist as people; living in harmony as to benefit the population as a whole. We must learn, and once we have learnt, be teachers. Education is our only hope of coming together as people as to sustain the planet for as long as the sun will last.

We don’t grow new fingers or limbs, it is through learning that we evolve, and education is essential for our survival. Science has discovered many mysteries of the universe, and through a scientific view, you are able to understand what you are; eternal. With knowledge of the physical, you will realise you were born in the big bang and that was your only birth. Everything else is a matter of energy that has been transformed from one form to another, as energy cannot be created or destroyed only transformed. Our genes and environment make up who we are. We are stardust that consumes stardust. There is no difference in what you are and what you see. Space does not exist; it is dark matter and dark energy that acts similarly to a central nervous system, connecting the less than 5% of atomic matter that makes up the universe. The universe is simply vibrating energy; it is sound. The sound of the universe has been described in eastern culture as the word “OM”.

People are more than just physical though, we have consciousness, which has been suggested is in all matter to a certain degree, and in my opinion it is the sum of this consciousness, this awareness that we are all a part of that creates the artwork. The masterpiece and the artist are one of the same. A painter is part of the universe, and he creates art, similarly, the mind of the universe creates art as sound that resonates at different frequencies. The point is, we are so deeply connected to the universe and we drive our own evolution. It was generations of the past that helped us evolve to be so successful, they learnt and then educated their children, and so knowledge evolved. This is what we must do. Learn from our past, understand what we’ve done wrong, come up with solutions, and teach children of the future ways of overcoming the real issues we are facing as a species. If we are able to achieve a level of knowledge that empowers all people then we will live in the kingdom of heaven, for the kingdom of heaven in my opinion, is a state of mind where there is a perception of perfection through the eyes of the beholder. So what does evolution mean for us? It seems as though the key for evolution to progress lies in our knowledge of “what is”, this ultimately would destroy notions of racial indifference. As well as this, an awareness of what’s wrong with the world that in turn would produce practical solutions to the status quo would help us eventually reach equality. Children really are the future, and education is of the utmost importance.

Love’s sweetest touch is when your near

My hearts on fire when you’re here

Flutter of the flies, Lock of the eyes

I hope we never have to say goodbye

I’d swim through an ocean for you

I’ll write this song here for you

Walk 1,000 miles for you, Close my eyes for you

I know I’ll never have to say goodbye to you.

My heart will always hold on,

Will always hold on, always hold on, always hold on

My love will always hold on to you

I swear we’ll never have to say goodbye

I swear I’ll never say goodbye to you…

Just wrote this I wont call this complete yet but this is the best thing i've written yet.

*If you couldn't tell I really like this freaking girl :P

Here are some new songs I've written. They actually work in a suite of songs.

"I FOUND YOU"

Alone in this little world

In murky water, stuck in swirl

But I try and I try

To find something to hold onto

And I found you

Oh I did, I found you

When its dark inside and I cry

And you take my hand and then we fly

Take me home, take me home

So I can sleep and dream about you

And I found you

Oh I did, I found you

In this ditch, just you and me old

In the game of life, I sigh and fold

Cause you’re gone, you are gone

Window open and there you flew

Please, where are you?

I did this, where are you?

"LOVE YOU (ALONE)"

I’ll let you go

As soon as you’re packed I’ll let you go

I’ll hold my tears for you

Because I really do love you

I’ll let you go

As soon as I stop holding your hand, I’ll let you go

I’ll give you everything I own!

But in the end, we’ll end up alone!

I’ll let you run

As soon as I unlock the door, I’ll let you run

But hear me out, baby, I’m stunned

And I feel helpless and shunned

I’ll let you run

So is that it, are we done?

And have you found yourself a new home?

So in the end, we’ll end up alone!

I’ve let you go

Now that you’re gone, I just don’t know

And did you know that I held my tears for you?

Because I’ll always love you

I agree. Its something everyone wants and needs. It causes that happiest and darkest moments in people's lives.

Chris said something along the lines of this "The world can be ending but if you fancy a girl she'll be the only thing on your mind" Something along those lines or something.

Love’s sweetest touch is when your near

My hearts on fire when you’re here

Flutter of the flies, Lock of the eyes

I hope we never have to say goodbye

I’d swim through an ocean for you

I’ll write this song here for you

Walk 1,000 miles for you, Close my eyes for you

I know I’ll never have to say goodbye to you.

My heart will always hold on,

Will always hold on, always hold on, always hold on

My love will always hold on to you

I swear we’ll never have to say goodbye

I swear I’ll never say goodbye to you…

Just wrote this I wont call this complete yet but this is the best thing i've written yet.

*If you couldn't tell I really like this freaking girl :P

Can someone give me an opinion on this? thanks!

The opening two lines of the first verse are good, but I don't see how "flutter of the flies" links to the contention of the song. (maybe I just don't understand, but it makes perfect sense to you) The ideas in the second verse are also good, but you repeat "for you" a bit, and that's fine if you're trying to emphasise how you feel for them, but I think you have the potential to be more creative. Again, the third verse is a bit repetitive, but if that's what you're going for that's fine. That's one of the reasons I Don't like the GS lyrics though (for the most part) I find little creativity in the lyrics and I find it less "exciting". you've used good metaphors etc. but I think you could end each line with more creativity. That's just my opinion, anyways.

The opening two lines of the first verse are good, but I don't see how "flutter of the flies" links to the contention of the song. (maybe I just don't understand, but it makes perfect sense to you) The ideas in the second verse are also good, but you repeat "for you" a bit, and that's fine if you're trying to emphasise how you feel for them, but I think you have the potential to be more creative. Again, the third verse is a bit repetitive, but if that's what you're going for that's fine. That's one of the reasons I Don't like the GS lyrics though (for the most part) I find little creativity in the lyrics and I find it less "exciting". you've used good metaphors etc. but I think you could end each line with more creativity. That's just my opinion, anyways.

With the flutter of the flies thing I was kind of connecting it to the last line "My hearts on fire when you're here" I wanted it to say I had butterflies in my stomach thus "Flutter of the flies"

OK, I understand, very nice connection. Here's one I just wrote..

Politicians acting renditions, men who don’t seek change,

Why we don’t seek a better world to me only seems strange,

We are only as successful as the sum of our parts,

There is a distasteful emptiness in the corporate hearts.

Corrupted men dictate the status quo of our life,

Earth the victim, into the heart drives the knife,

Oil the prize, pollution becomes no surprise,

War for profit, visions of money in their eyes

Seeking power more so for ego less for money,

Most of their kind is nothing short of funny,

The longer we accept this life, in which we’re living,

The harder it is for the planet to be forgiving.

We are not the masters of nature, nature is our master,

What use in this modern scientific world is a pastor?

No historical evidence except a Roman book,

The story told by the victors over the man whose life they took.

The tracks of history shrouded in a falsehood of lies,

Science is the key to the truth of opening our eyes,

God you will find, is nothing but a mind to which we bind,

We reflect God in nature, but to love we aren’t aligned

Illuminati are as real as a practical square wheel,

On them we impose power, all the while they conceal,

The truth of the matter, this is just how I feel,

Banks are thieves profiting from interest; they steal

We live in an outdated world; capitalism is flawed,

Monetary and social inequality should be outlawed,

No single person has the power to change this place,

Everyone combined is what will change the planets face.

Wanting change and seeking equilibrium is what you should value,

Living for the weekend and getting drunk is just a mental devalue,

A solution is what we need, and to fight for it is what’s necessary,

This point of life is crucial and what we do now will set the stage,

For how we handle the potential for a coming ice age...

After Dark

[instrumental Intro]

[Verse 1]

In the night, we hear them whispering.

They sing of our glory days.

Right now, the sun has set...oh

On times, we won't forget...oh

[Verse 2]

And after dark, we will see the spark,

Of everyone who faded away.

And from this light we can build a bridge,

And turn this wicked night into day.

[bridge]

If we fall from this shadowy sky,

Then we'll burst into pieces and die.

[Verse 1 Repeat]

[instrumental Outro]

Here's a ballad I wrote a while back.

"Simultaneously"

Simultaneously, we will go

Across the sea and

Then we both know

That when it snows

That it’s just me

Simultaneously, we will cry

For the girl who’s died

And then we both sigh

Because we both know

That we had lied

Simultaneously, rain will fall

I’ll cover you up

For the storm that crawls

And then we both know

That when it snows

That it’s just me

Simultaneously, you are gone

Where did you fall?

Where are you, love?

Are you in the clouds?

Far above

Simultaneously, we lay together

We’ll be here forever

And I love you

After Dark

[instrumental Intro]

[Verse 1]

[Verse 2]

[bridge]

If we fall from this shadowy sky,

Then we'll burst into pieces and die.

[Verse 1 Repeat]

[instrumental Outro]

This is just beautiful..

sorry I had to say that

Many of the works here are beautiful and well thought out, nice work :)

I'll give it a shot

Haven

Two decades hastened past thine eyes,

waxed and waned like the silver moon.

Your parents hailed the heavens high,

your blessing made the angels swoon.

Alas, the world was much maligned

to honor thee, though fortune bare,

you threatened status quo’s designs

with values, quirks woven with Time.

Your sound heart, cloaked in stark despair,

free-spirited, disposed to roam,