✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"A Sky Full of Stars" artwork by Mila Fürstová

Is it just me or does anyone else find it interesting that the Magic Single is a pretty blue with a beautiful dove and then Midnight and ASFOS is black with drawings on them? (Still beautiful) but isn't it a little odd?

Yeah I was wondering about that too. Why are Midnight and A sky more alike than Magic?

Well, in a way, ASFOS has many of the same elements as midnight-- the electronic pulse, synths in background, and nightime theme. The difference in the songs is that ASFOS it much more complex (with layers at least) which can be seen through their artwork with midnights being plain and dark while ASFOS being more full of stars that seem to represent more hope and less darkness.

It's interesting because both songs represent a dark time of night, but midnight is more of an anthem of gloomy despair while A Sky is from that same time of night, but looked at with a different perspective; a hopeful optimism observing the beauty of the stars that only appear on the darkest hour of midnight.

Truly genius by the boys, if you ask me.

Well, in a way, ASFOS has many of the same elements as midnight-- the electronic pulse, synths in background, and nightime theme. The difference in the songs is that ASFOS it much more complex (with layers at least) which can be seen through their artwork with midnights being plain and dark while ASFOS being more full of stars that seem to represent more hope and less darkness.

It's interesting because both songs represent a dark time of night, but midnight is more of an anthem of gloomy despair while A Sky is from that same time of night, but looked at with a different perspective; a hopeful optimism observing the beauty of the stars that only appear on the darkest hour of midnight.

Truly genius by the boys, if you ask me.

Yeah that's actually a logical explanation. They share the same theme and there's also a few musical similarities. I hadn't realised that because like you say, the songs are written from different perspectives and evoke very different emotions. And Midnight is my favourite and ASFOS my least favourite. So in my mind, they're more opposites than they are paired.

It is an interesting idea and I'm curious to see if we'll get half the songs in a night sky theme and the other half in a bird theme or something.

I really like the artwork, but was it especially created for the song and it's lyrics or they simply purchase some art from the artist and they use it as artwork?

the artist wrote on her website that she made the artwork for the album and for 3 singles... so they were created for coldplay apparently

Inviato dal mio GT-S5839i con Tapatalk 2