✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Fans are saying it because Chris said it, and it was followed by

1) Fans freaking out about an impending breakup

2) Each member of the band saying it was nothing to worry about / they aren't breaking up, but are treating this like their last album to produce the best efforts from themselves.

But you asked where Chris said that. He said it on BBC radio with then employee Zane Lowe's show.

Oh ok interesting thanks for the info ill have to look up the interview :)

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest diogo_sg
Completion of a theme, not the band

I know that. I was saying that we don't know exactly what will end.

"I live to see the world"

I remember that I freaked out and almost started to cry after I heard this for the first time. Why would he say something like that and not explain it properly?!

He did explain. Listen to the ENTIRE clip.

This is what grinds my gears about the media. They'll give you the big headline, but literally the next thing that comes off his lips is the explanation that it won't be the last thing, FFS

Guest diogo_sg
He did explain. Listen to the ENTIRE clip.

I've already listened to the ENTIRE clip.

He says something like "not to say that there might not be another thing one day, but this is the completion of something". He also says that they see it like the LAST Harry Potter book!! That made me jump!!

The way he said it doesn't seem very enlightening for me.

I've already listened to the ENTIRE clip.

He says something like "not to say that there might not be another thing one day, but this is the completion of something". He also says that they see it like the LAST Harry Potter book!! That made me jump!!

The way he said it doesn't seem very enlightening for me.

k, then believe what you want to believe, 'cause then Jonny and Guy went on the radio as well in December and said they arent splitting up.

To be honest i'm not sure were i heard this or it could just be my imagination but when Mylo Xyloto came out im sure Chris said

that all the albums from Parachutes told a story leading up to Mylo Xyloto :)

They say this fairly often. Think it might be just them hyping us up a bit tbh. They did it with VLV, saying LP1-3 was a trilogy, and LP4 would be a new direction, etc.

Guest diogo_sg
k, then believe what you want to believe, 'cause then Jonny and Guy went on the radio as well in December and said they arent splitting up.

I know they aren't splitting up!!!

When I first heard that Zane Lowe interview I thought it was the end of Coldplay!!

But not anymore!!!

I've heard/read the interviews over and over again and I'm sure this ain't the end of the band. But IT IS the end of SOMETHING. I think we all want to know what that something is and what's coming after it!!

Guest diogo_sg
saying LP1-3 was a trilogy, and LP4 would be a new direction, etc.

It was a new direction. The best direction ever taken by mankind.

They say this fairly often. Think it might be just them hyping us up a bit tbh. They did it with VLV, saying LP1-3 was a trilogy, and LP4 would be a new direction, etc.

Good point but there have been times were i see References from Parachutes up to Viva la Vida in MX and the Comics :)

Good point but there have been times were i see References from Parachutes up to Viva la Vida in MX and the Comics :)

For sure, I mean, after alls been said and done they're the same band. But it's just something they said.

Same band for sure ps am i the only one that thinks that Coldplay's I heart radio show is a one of performance :)

A one off performance? Not sure I follow...they have a gig in New York as well already planned.

A one off performance? Not sure I follow...they have a gig in New York as well already planned.

I meant the band feel the need to play live again but have not been able to due to recording the album and the i heart radio show will have nothing to do with AHFOD no performing new songs :) Hope that makes sense

I meant the band feel the need to play live again but have not been able to due to recording the album and the i heart radio show will have nothing to do with AHFOD no performing new songs :) Hope that makes sense

Oh I understand now. Yeah, I can see that being the case. Everyone just kinda assumed that since LP7 is rumoured to be due around that time that we'll see something new for this/these shows.

My bet is we'll probably get something though

Really ? Out of curiosity, can you name a few references (don't have the comics)

Sorry i cant name them off of my head but ill see if i can tomorrow i haven't got the comic books on me anymore ill re-download them again tonight and post the refrences on the MX comic thread and sorry once again :)

Honestly I don't think this is the case. I can't see them playing something from Ghost Stories again having just played that at the festival last year. I would think they have something new because newer songs are usually played at festivals like that or new material is being promoted. Now I'm not saying that this will be related to the new album, but I definitely think we will see at least one new song. We will just have to wait and find out! [emoji2]