✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the second thing is, I also believe acoutic songs must have a really good melody to carry the song, because there is so little else in it. This is why some of the older acoustic songs like Til Kingdom Come or Now my feet won't touch the ground are not among my favorites either.

I love chris's voice on parachutes, the actual song is brilliant. [emoji2][emoji106] it's my favorite acoustic song.

Guest diogo_sg
I love chris's voice on parachutes, the actual song is brilliant. [emoji2][emoji106] it's my favorite acoustic song.

Too bad it's only 46 seconds long [emoji24]

"I live to see the world"

Too bad it's only 46 seconds long [emoji24]

That duration has a meaning. Think it like a big jump in the air before you open that parachute, it doesn't last very long but it is quite emotional. Like a love relationship: it might not last very long, but it makes you feel alive

Guest diogo_sg
That duration has a meaning. Think it like a big jump in the air before you open that parachute, it doesn't last very long but it is quite emotional. Like a love relationship: it might not last very long, but it makes you feel alive

Wow

That's deep [emoji5]

I agree, Parachutes is kinda cute.

One of my favorite acoustics is actually I Bloom Blaum, which is also pretty short.

I bloom blaum is great too. I like how you can hear chris gasp for air towards the end. [emoji23]

Guest diogo_sg
My personal favorite acoustic song is Careful Where You Stand. It's sweet, filled with emotion, and one of those b-sides that is as good as or even better than some album tracks. I'd love another song like it

Aww!! How could I forget about CWYS?! I absolutely love it too!! [emoji4]

Yeah, Careful where you stand is great too. The Parachutes Era yielded many great acoustic songs, really ! Plus they had the very young Chris's voice. It's magic. Just think of the beginning of the Safety EP, when after these 4 chords his voice comes on.... :parachutes: "I wanna be bigger, stronger, drive a faster car.."

What do you think about Harmless and For you (not strictly acoustic, but imho as an acoustic feel to it)

Both are great. I like harmless more than for you though. I think for you is the most relaxed song besides easy to please.

I also love them both, but of the two I prefer For You.

The lines especially stuck in my head are "your self-esteem is low" and "if you're lost and feel alone, circumnavigate the globe".

Let's face it, Chris Martin's insecurity yields the best songs ;) I sincerely hope insecurity will be a theme of AHFOD too and that AHFOD will not all be idle sunshine.

Princess of China instrumental isn't bad at all actually. Everything (especially Guy's bass) sounds a lot better with a good pair of headphones. I'm not someone who loves the song but it's a little easier to focus on the quality of instrumental parts with no vocals. I actually like it a little more thanks to that instrumental version, thank you. :)

Princess of China instrumental isn't bad at all actually. Everything (especially Guy's bass) sounds a lot better with a good pair of headphones. I'm not someone who loves the song but it's a little easier to focus on the quality of instrumental parts with no vocals. I actually like it a little more thanks to that instrumental version, thank you. :)

God, it's so good. I've always said MX is their best album instrumentally/musically, and Princess of China is proof of that.

Anyways, I'm excited for this fall! Fallout 4 and a possible Coldplay single is enough to put me over the moon.

AHFOD will look/sound like this (according to me)

It will look like the Anything Is Possible graphic at the end of the True Love which was the first real hint at AHFOD imho.

The sound will be clear and sparse. Powerful bass and hard hitting drums. M83-like synths and MX-like Johny action with many different little riffs/melodies. Vocals with funky effects.

I can almost hear it already.

[smoke is rising from the houses]

Guest diogo_sg

It will look like the Anything Is Possible graphic at the end of the True Love which was the first real hint at AHFOD imho.

The sound will be clear and sparse. Powerful bass and hard hitting drums. M83-like synths and MX-like Johny action with many different little riffs/melodies. Vocals with funky effects.

That sounds heavenly [emoji120] [emoji56]

This is what I have been thinking since before Ghost Stories. Like you, I've solemnly believed the tease at the end of True Love's video was our first 'look' at AHFOD. The sound, in my opinion, will be what MX could have been; less crowded and more 'mature' in the style of Viva La Vida.

I can hear it with you.

Guest diogo_sg
This is what I have been thinking since before Ghost Stories. Like you, I've solemnly believed the tease at the end of True Love's video was our first 'look' at AHFOD. The sound, in my opinion, will be what MX could have been; less crowded and more 'mature' in the style of Viva La Vida.

I can hear it with you.

One question:

Is that Guy in your avatar? It looks like him, but with some resemblances of Edward Scissorhands.