• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol no it's not, trust me °__°

Goddammit.

Well, here's my short review:

To me, this is their worst album. Because to me Coldplay always had their own kind of sound, but it's completely drown out on this record. I like about 3 songs, the rest is super over produced, the electronic drums are really bad, Chris's voice is too quiet most times so you can't understand what he's singing about, and for my personal taste there are way too many freakin guest vocals on there. It all feels too mechanic, too sharp, and in no way or form does is come close to the warm organic soft feeling the older Coldplay songs give me. There is no room for me breathe on this album, it just throws itself into my face with its loudness. This is wayyyy to pop oriented and soulless somehow for me to like it. It's a shame. The songs would have sound really nice at times, but the overproduction totally kills it for me

Dang.

Question about the leak: is it good quality or would it be a worse experience than listening to the legal version?

i believe the original was 128 kbps. Another showed up in 320, but I think someone just faked it tbh. Might as well wait the week and listen then.

I'm honestly sorta scared at this point, at first the reviews were sorta positive and they just went downhill from there ugh...

Well a lot of peoples opinions are skewed on first listen simply because they are so excited for new music, then when the songs start to settle people realise how good they actually are. Moreover these songs don't have much depth so after a couple of listens there isn't much more to learn from them

But stay away from here if you don't want your opinion to be shaped too much before you listen :)

Well a lot of peoples opinions are skewed on first listen simply because they are so excited for new music, then when the songs start to settle people realise how good they actually are. Moreover these songs don't have much depth so after a couple of listens there isn't much more to learn from them

Okay so you got my hopes up for a second and then just bashed them back down on the ground thanks aha

lol no it's not, trust me °__°

Goddammit.

Well, here's my short review:

To me, this is their worst album. Because to me Coldplay always had their own kind of sound, but it's completely drown out on this record. I like about 3 songs, the rest is super over produced, the electronic drums are really bad, Chris's voice is too quiet most times so you can't understand what he's singing about, and for my personal taste there are way too many freakin guest vocals on there. It all feels too mechanic, too sharp, and in no way or form does is come close to the warm organic soft feeling the older Coldplay songs give me. There is no room for me breathe on this album, it just throws itself into my face with its loudness. This is wayyyy to pop oriented and soulless somehow for me to like it. It's a shame. The songs would have sound really nice at times, but the overproduction totally kills it for me

Yep. Soulless is a good word. And forced. It just sounds too forced to me... I don't know... I was not a fan of Mylo Xyloto but I absolutely loved Ghost Stories. I think that this was the album that they really felt like making, it is so carefully put together, very unique and subtle, yet really honest and touching. This one... I don't know it's just a bunch of nothing, I think that they may have lost their way this time.

Okay so you got my hopes up for a second and then just bashed them back down on the ground thanks aha

Aren't we all a jolly bunch of people? LMAO

Dang.

haha I love these short comments. But don't rely on my opinion, make up your own! :)

Yep. Soulless is a good word. And forced. It just sounds too forced to me... I don't know... I was not a fan of Mylo Xyloto but I absolutely loved Ghost Stories. I think that this was the album that they really felt like making, it is so carefully put together, very unique and subtle, yet really honest and touching. This one... I don't know it's just a bunch of nothing, I think that they may have lost their way this time.

Well i mean if it's really that bad then I guess we could just wait a couple of years and hope aha.

Don't expect it to sound like anything we've seen from them before. Don't expect every track to be great. About half the tracks I thoroughly enjoyed, the others were just fillers. As long as you're not expecting it to be their best album, you shouldn't be disappointed.

ah sorry man, Im really tired so I might not be making much sense! Just get your arse off the review thread until you can enjoy it yourself :)

Don't expect it to sound like anything we've seen from them before. Don't expect every track to be great. About half the tracks I thoroughly enjoyed, the others were just fillers. As long as you're not expecting it to be their best album, you shouldn't be disappointed.

Definitely don't think this will be another viva but I really hope it's at least on MX level because you guys say it's crap but in reality it's not that that bad...

I can't even understand Chris most of the time, but apart from "Birds" it sounds to me the lyrics are exceptionally bland this time. BUt I need the offical lyrics to make up my mind about them.

But yes, why does this "SUPER DUPER THIS GONNA BE OUR BEST ALBUM YET WE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE LIKE THAT!"-album sound so ... I don't even know what to call it! Soulless is just one of many things that come to my mind :(

ah sorry man, Im really tired so I might not be making much sense! Just get your arse off the review thread until you can enjoy it yourself :)

True:) and I mean you did use the word enjoy so maybe we're getting somewhere... But I mean if I get off this thing the next thing you know is I'll go searching for the leak which right now is the last thing I want to do...

Definitely don't think this will be another viva but I really hope it's at least on MX level because you guys say it's crap but in reality it's not that that bad...

If you liked MX I think you'll like this. It's different from MX, but still poppy like MX was. The closest comparison album I can think of is VHS by X Ambassadors. Very hit or miss. I think a lot of the bad reviews are just because people were really excited and didn't quite get what they expected.

I can't even understand Chris most of the time, but apart from "Birds" it sounds to me the lyrics are exceptionally bland this time. BUt I need the offical lyrics to make up my mind about them.

But yes, why does this "SUPER DUPER THIS GONNA BE OUR BEST ALBUM YET WE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE LIKE THAT!"-album sound so ... I don't even know what to call it! Soulless is just one of many things that come to my mind :(

Well because that's just the way it goes. Musicians will always praise their latest work most. Muse did that with their new album, Drones, too. Matt Bellamy called it their best album and while it has some great songs, it is definitely not their best work.

Chris tends to overhype things and also knows to be... way too positive at times. It is nice that he is so euphoric about his band and music but I wish he would have demonstrated it more on the album itself, rather than just inviting a bunch of fancy guests and bragging around about it. I wouldn't have minded, if the tracks were actually good.

BTW, I can't get over how beautiful Birds is. I don't even care about the rest of the album anymore now. :D

This x10000000

If you liked MX I think you'll like this. It's different from MX, but still poppy like MX was. The closest comparison album I can think of is VHS by X Ambassadors. Very hit or miss. I think a lot of the bad reviews are just because people were really excited and didn't quite get what they expected.

I actually really liked VHS, it's an interesting sort of alternative. I mean bubblegum pop isn't my thing and I hate most (maybe even all) off what's on the radio now though. And yeah I think it was probably Chris that got people hyped lol maybe it would have been a better marketing ploy to say it was alright and then maybe people would like it a little more...