✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've listened to it a few times and it is better with more listens, HOWEVER I agree that X Marks The Spot is the worst Coldplay song, if not the worst song, ever written. I was hoping it would surprise me because the title is bad. But nope. Seriously, what were they thinking. Anyway, I am surprised with Fun. I was thinking that would be a huge pop thing like HFTW, but I like it. The beginning is awesome! Anyway I think this album will grow on people after a few listens. I like the production in some songs but not in others. It annoys me that Amazing Day starts off with a phaser effect or something. Also, the last Amazing Day that Chris sings at the end isn't like the one at the Global Citizen festival. He keeps it low instead of singing it a bit higher, if that makes sense to anyone lol.

Count me in. I'm trying to avoid the leak anyways, but the reaction to the leaks for every album drives me insane. The process is always like this:

- Wait impatiently for the album to leak while having overplayed the single(s) released.

- Album leaks, Coldplaying goes down, social media is a frenzy.

- Reviews come pouring in with mass amounts of negativity, making it near impossible to actually find a good review. (You'd even think there wasn't a good song on the album!)

- The hype dies down a bit, and suddenly the reviews and reaction levels out. "Maybe it's not that bad after all! Actually this album is really good!"

- The album releases and things feel normal again.

I saw this with Mylo Xyloto, Ghost Stories, and now A Head Full of Dreams. I swear I should be used to it by now but I'm not. Obviously not everything Coldplay makes it gold or even bronze, but shit. I just want it to be December 4 already!

Hey man, I totally agree with you about the leak reaction stuff, Ive been around for the last two and it is mental, but this release really does feel different. It's not 'shit', but when everything levels out I think it will be seen as really not one of their best, it doesn't have any unique 'big' songs on it.

Jeez isn't that quite a long gap of time...

Sorry, that was exaggerated. But I do tend to steer away a bit until things calm down. But with this era, there's still a lot of things the band have on the table (interviews, appearances, tour news), so i'll stick around for that.

I am not so sure this record will have the hype to fair well on the charts. Also I am expecting some pretty negative reviews... What do you guys think?

Yeah Im worried about this actually. HFTW may do well for a bit on the charts, but it isn't a good representation of Coldplay at all.

Hey man, I totally agree with you about the leak reaction stuff, Ive been around for the last two and it is mental, but this release really does feel different. It's not 'shit', but when everything levels out I think it will be seen as really not one of their best, it doesn't have any unique 'big' songs on it.

Wait until the next record comes out and everybody is like 'WHAT IS THIS AHFOD WAS MOZART COMPARED TO THIS I LOVED THAT ALBUM SO MUCH MORE' Honestly I'm just hoping it's better than GS because a lot of those songs are pretty forgettable, although that album kinda stood out in its own way.

I am not so sure this record will have the hype to fair well on the charts. Also I am expecting some pretty negative reviews... What do you guys think?

*enters thread*

Adventure of a Lifetime received general acclaim/ generally positive reviews from professional music critics so, i don't think so.. as i have observed, most other music forums like the songs on AHFOD. coldplaying on the other hand *leaves thread*

Wait until the next record comes out and everybody is like 'WHAT IS THIS AHFOD WAS MOZART COMPARED TO THIS I LOVED THAT ALBUM SO MUCH MORE' Honestly I'm just hoping it's better than GS because a lot of those songs are pretty forgettable, although that album kinda stood out in its own way.

GS had magic and ASFOS, which will have maintained GS in some decent standards for a lot of people (including myself). They were big songs with a unique touch on them. AHFOD doesn't really have any of these

Hey, no worries. I wasn't going after anyone in particular! I can't say much just because I've only heard the songs they've played for us, but even then, the reaction is still the same on this forum. It's really odd.

'My heart boo-boom boo-boom boom', Seriously?!

I used to laugh at Katy Perry for singing things like that..

Overall, i think the album is not bad, i enjoy it, pretty sure it will grow.

There are some really good 'moments': The guitar at the end of the AHFOD intro, Jonny's solo and the overall bassline in Birds, The rawness of Chris's voice and the instrumental piano part in Everglow, the funk in AOAL, the perfect blend of instruments and words in Kaleidoscope and just a lot lot more. There are some really good songs too: Birds (best song since 2009 for me), Up&Up (sure the live version is a lot better), AHFOD (really atmospheric, sets you ready for what's to come), Army of one (really like the synths and the phrase 'my heart is a gun, army of one'). And yes, even X marks the spot does something good for me, i really appreciate some parts of the instrumental. The picking guitar mixed with the sweeping synths, yes. The lyrics, meh, worse than meh. Colour spectrum would be nice as real interlude, not as a seperate title on the tracklist.

Overall: 7/10, it has a good potential but with more power and a better production (less bullshit, more clear and powerfull instruments) it would enclose more magic moments, more classics.

From the outside most of the songs on the album are so not coldplay, but from the inside they just really are, all those small details en the overall feeling gives you a rush to all era's.

I am totally agree with everybody who doesn't like the production of the album. It totally sounds like it is recorded, mixed and mastered by the same guy in a homestudio with unlicensed softwares. On the other hand, I really do like the production of Ghost Stories, MX, Parachutes and X&Y. Viva La Vida and AROBTTH sound less quality compared to others. But I can assure you that AHFOD is the worst.

Hey, no worries. I wasn't going after anyone in particular! I can't say much just because I've only heard the songs they've played for us, but even then, the reaction is still the same on this forum. It's really odd.

I know you weren't going after anyone I was agreeing with you aha :) Its interesting, Ive always been against the melodramatic reactions we've had in the past few years and I've ignored it, but I think on this one we really need to wake up and smell the flowers so to speak.