✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Let's get the credibility stuff out of the way first: Fan since Speed of Sound. Two favorite albums are AROBTTH and VLV. Love the early stuff: Careful Where You Stand, For You, Bigger Stronger, etc. I've been on the forums for every launch since X&Y. Without exception, the new albums are met with disappointment.

I think AHFOD is good, not great. Definitely better than GS and X&Y. Probably equal to MX.

Some classic songs are apparent already: Title track and Birds especially. Everglow drags a bit, but most of the songs are edited well and well produced. Chris's vocals are beautifully raw, and Guy is beastly.

The weakest tracks are Army of a One and X Marks the Spot. The latter is atrocious. Definitely a flow killer and borderline offensive.

If you like the album, ignore the negativity and enjoy the music. The tour will be awesome.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, it's confirmed that the video filmed in India was for HFTW?

Children jumping around singing "and I'm feeling drunk and high"... :lol: :laugh4: :lol:

I know it's about being drunk with life (as it says life's drink), but I hope everybody (critics) get the meaning and don't attack the video.

Wish it was for AHFOD :(

Let's get the credibility stuff out of the way first: Fan since Speed of Sound. Two favorite albums are AROBTTH and VLV. Love the early stuff: Careful Where You Stand, For You, Bigger Stronger, etc. I've been on the forums for every launch since X&Y. Without exception, the new albums are met with disappointment.

I think AHFOD is good, not great. Definitely better than GS and X&Y. Probably equal to MX.

Some classic songs are apparent already: Title track and Birds especially. Everglow drags a bit, but most of the songs are edited well and well produced. Chris's vocals are beautifully raw, and Guy is beastly.

The weakest tracks are Army of a One and X Marks the Spot. The latter is atrocious. Definitely a flow killer and borderline offensive.

If you like the album, ignore the negativity and enjoy the music. The tour will be awesome.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Don't you dare saying AHFOD is better than the album that contains Fix You, White Shadows and 'Til Kingdom Come...

Yeah, X&Y is great, legendary. MX is ok at best.

Thank you.

So, it's confirmed that the video filmed in India was for HFTW?

Children jumping around singing "and I'm feeling drunk and high"... :lol: :laugh4: :lol:

I know it's about being drunk with life (as it says life's drink), but I hope everybody (critics) get the meaning and don't attack the video.

Wish it was for AHFOD :(

that guy who was in india said it's like violet hill ? seriously ? remind me of how someone said that ASFOS is the new yellow .. can't decide what worst ??

I literally despised X&Y as an album sorryyyy. Sure I mean fix you is amazing but the rest... Meh... MX was alright I guess too... Better live than anything else.

Loved both albums live, but it's a different experience.

Still love Parachutes, AROBTTH and VLV the best. GS grew on me.

DAY ONE "MX vs. AHFOD" COMPARISON

My favorites from MX:

-Hurts Like Heaven

-Paradise

-Charlie Brown

-Us Against the World

-Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

-Don't Let It Break Your Heart

-U.F.O

-Up With The Birds (best in MX)

My favorites from AHFOD:

-A Head Full of Dreams

-Birds

-Adventure of a Lifetime

-Army of One

-Amazing Day

-Up&Up (best in AHFOD)

Other Facts:

-MX' production is pretty good. On the other hand, AHFOD's sucks.

Winner: MX

p.s: This is a Day One review. I am pretty sure that as the days pass, AHFOD will get better and better in my ears.

i'm a fan of Coldplay since AROBTTH and I'm really enjoy this more than GS and X&Y

really curious for the critical reception to see if you guys have been harsh or what ? so far MX and GS are the most hated albums in this forum and that really match with Media reviews as it the lowest rated albums on Metacritic

but I'm quite positive on this one