Kaleidoscope/Colour Spectrum 9.5/10

Adventure Of A Lifetime 9/10

Amazing Day 9/10

Fun 9/10

Everglow 8.5/10

Hymn For The Weekend 6/10

Army Of One 4/10

X Marks The Spot (seriously wtf is this and these lyrics) 1/10

Quite an extrodinary seventh album, beats Mylo.

8.5/10

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

AHFOD - 6.5/10

Birds - 6/10

HFTW - 3/10

Everglow - 5.5/10

AOAL - 5/10

Fun - 6/10

Kaleidoscope - 4/10

Army of One - 5/10

Amazing Day - 6/10

Colour Spectrum - 5/10

Up&Up - 5/10

SPOILERS AHEAD

Somewhat of an improvement to GS, pretty much as good as MX. AHFOD is probably already the [least bad] song. Birds was a lot better than I thought, the vocals still suck, though. HFTW is POC+ASFOS+Beyoncé. Everglow has the best piano on this album, but lyrics is cringe-y. AOAL is just repetitive. Fun wasn't bad, even with Tove Lo, but still has its weaknesses. Kaleidoscope could've been better, but the speech is what got me. Army of One was, okay? Amazing Day pissed me off and decided to drop an Up in Flames drum beat on me for the first half. Colour Spectrum was, not colourful. Up&Up is the cheesiest of the cheesiest.

And the overall winner is the Up&Up guitar solo.

PROS:

- more bass

- Noel Gallagher

- good transitions

CONS:

- HFTW (imo)

- trying too hard to be pop

- cheesy lyrics

After doing the first listen-through, I honestly don't know how to feel about this. The hearts of each song are pretty good, but they're drowned in god-awful production that makes them all sound like boring, unoriginal Top 40 crap. Like, honestly the entire middle of the album just sounded like the same song with a few base differences.

Liked AHFoD. Great opener, got me pumped up. Sounds a lot better than the snippet led me to believe. Hasn't lost the magic of the live version.

Birds is okay? I'm not sure how to feel about it.

. . . I actually kind of like HFtW. It's like a better Princess of China? The lyrics are a little wtf, but whatever they did to Chris's voice in the chorus, I like it :P

Everglow is a little more underwhelming in the context of the album, but still not too bad.

Thought I was going to like Army of One . . . I do like the part about his heart being his gun, but that's about it. And my God, X Marks the Spot might have the absolute worst lyrics that Chris has ever written. "You're a treasure"? Really? How much more objectifying can you get? This might actually be worse than PoC. I can't think of a single redeeming thing

Fun isn't too bad. Again, suffers from awful production that strips out all of what could have made it a good song.

Kaleidoscope . . . I like the old-timey-record effect thing at the beginning. Reminds me of the Viva la Vida Suite version of Death Will Never Conquer. Obama was surprisingly unnoticeable lol

Amazing Day. Okay? It's grown on me since I first heard it. Nothing spectacular.

Color Spectrum - was hoping for something more Life in Technicolor-y but what can you do :P

Up&Up . . . ehhhh. Live version was better. I still like it, but it didn't make me go "wow." Jonny's solo was great but WHY ON EARTH DID THEY MESS WITH NOEL'S SOLO I AM RAGING SO HARD WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT gaaahhhhhh

----

For now, I like AHFoD more than GS simply on the merit of the lyrics alone. I was hoping the album would break my Oldplay bias and knock Parachutes out of my top 4, but right now it's sitting at number 5 (better than GS and MX). IF the production wasn't so god-awful cheesy, I honestly think it would be sitting even with X&Y at #3 on my favorites list.

Score: 6.5-7/10 Decent album, ruined by Stargate

First of all, I was able to listen to the whole thing on soundcloud, but that has since been taken down. Would anyone please pm me a link to somewhere else? Thanks!

Birds wayy exceeded my expectations!

And Army of One, XMTS, and HFTW were not so great!

If you are one of the Mylo/GS haters, this album is for you (aside from the above 3 bad songs)

I like how birds and HFTW were gapless.

Kaleidoscope really didnt do it for me, and CS is worse than the Mylo interludes

I adore the atmosphere that A Head Full Of Dreams creates man I feel like I'm in space or something...Birds is also outstanding with its very bouncy indie style sound with Kid-A vibes. Hymn was unexpected. My God is this better on the album than the snippet. Although those lyrics: is this Coldplay? But hey, great club song for the boys. Not high up as a Coldplay song though, HFTW doesn't even beat PoC but one day it will. And Everglow is amazing for the album as a fitting ballad, works well. You know I like AOAL and the disco-rock vibe so that's that. Fun is Coldplay's best collaboration, Tove's voice fits beautifully with the song. I'm happy they chose her, what a dream world this song is, makes me dream. Kaleidoscope is a wonder and the poem fits well. So dreamy and cool for a short song, easily one of Coldplay's best short songs. Army Of One follows and my god is that a mistake. Maybe that is just because this song isn't my cup of tea. Okay, but I guess I still like the progression. And X Marks The Spot shouldn't even be on the album, my least favourite Coldplay song to date. I literally thought Chris had turned into Drake. Such an awful hidden track, dissapointing. Then Amazing Day brings the positivity back and reminds me of lots of good memories. Colour Spectrum is also a song that reminds me of lots of great times and you may be able to hear snippets of each song merged into one over a cool instrumental. This perfectly sums up the album, flows into Up&Up which does still sound fantastic and the solos are the sounds of gods. This honestly feels like a closure to such an impressive chapter of albums, well in Coldplay!

• Like 1

Wow, first listen was literally WTF, but second time i thought this one will be very controversial album. It's rythmically very very produced, damn i want to listen it in high quality on good soundsystem. The songs underneath this production are actually very Coldplay i would say. Really excited to see how the critics will greet this album. :D

And also seems like the whole album will sound a lot different played in live.

• Like 1