✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Lowest rated Coldplay album on Metacritic

Saket

This is just insane on so many levels. They have created one of their best albums to date and I'm sensing a lot of people just aren't "getting" it!

Just because people don't like it doesn't mean they don't "get" it.

Just because people don't like it doesn't mean they don't "get" it.

This, people need to understand not everyone is going to like what you like. This album certainly doesn't appeal to everyone, and I can see why it's ranked the lowest. I personally rank it the lowest myself, it's not a bad album, it's just not for me at all. It doesn't really appeal to me whatsoever like their other albums. In fact, it's pretty forgettable to me. I've already stopped listening to it, and that's never happened to me before with a Coldplay album. I'll still be listening to ARoBtTH and Viva 10 years from now, this I won't. Hopefully their next album will appeal to me more. Until then, it looks like I'm just going to have to go back to ARoBtTH and Viva for the 1000th time.

Still, with that said I have to say O is a beautiful song and is quickly becoming one of my favorites. It'll probably be the only one I'll still listen to.

This, people need to understand not everyone is going to like what you like. This album certainly doesn't appeal to everyone, and I can see why it's ranked the lowest. I personally rank it the lowest myself, it's not a bad album, it's just not for me at all. It doesn't really appeal to me whatsoever like their other albums. In fact, it's pretty forgettable to me. I've already stopped listening to it, and that's never happened to me before with a Coldplay album. I'll still be listening to ARoBtTH and Viva 10 years from now, this I won't. Hopefully their next album will appeal to me more. Until then, it looks like I'm just going to have to go back to ARoBtTH and Viva for the 1000th time.

The never ending story of: "Why don't you like the music I like? You have no taste in music! :veryangry:"

First and foremost, lets put the Metacritic score in CONTEXT. Most of the reviews that have already been done have not yet been included in that aggregate score in metacritic and most of those not yet included have been positive. That score will change as time goes by. With the exception of billboard's review, most of the reviews already included were mixed, that is why it clearly reflects on the score.

So lets not conclude right now that Ghost Stories is not liked by critics and by the people in general. we are all making hasty conclusions at the moment. Those scores are based only on 9 reviews. so lets all be patient and lets stop making conclusions outright.

GS is 10times better then MX, MX has nice songs, but GS is more solid.

We as fans are critics also you know, we are honest and we say honestly that MX wasnt a really good album, some even say it was shit.

C'mon guys, should we really care about the ratings? Critics aren't music gods. Music is art. Everybody reacts at art in their own way. Some will love it, some will hate it. And it's normal. You can't put music in numbers and think that it's absolutely right.

Anyway, if you like Ghost Stories, just enjoy this piece of art. : )

The never ending story of: "Why don't you like the music I like? You have no taste in music! :veryangry:"

Yep. How can music be ranked anyway? One persons great album can be another's worst ever. Its all subjective. Just strange how it can bring out such fight in people.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I want Coldplay to be successful and it's not a terrible album but in my opinion it is definitely their worst album, so I think it deserves their lowest critical reception, the same way I think ARoBttH and VlVoDaAHF deserve the highest. :thinking:

GS is 10times better then MX, MX has nice songs, but GS is more solid.

We as fans are critics also you know, we are honest and we say honestly that MX wasnt a really good album, some even say it was shit.

To each his or her own. Ghost Stories makes me yearn for MX- Chris's deep lyrics, Guy's fantastic basslines, Will actually playing real and complicated drum beats and Jonny gracing every song with amazing riffs. I don't care about album production or stripped down vs grandure- it's not a matter of philosophy. To me melody, effort, talent and lyrical strength are what matters and it seems it's not even close with, as NME said, Ghost Stories as much more of a "Chris solo album". Just remember, there's no all-encompassing hate for MX here. :nod: Some of us do love it, to me it's a masterpiece the same way ARBH, VLV and Parachutes are.

Jesus this place is getting so depressing and negative! Its a shame some of the more active hardcore fans are missing these days.

We're not the reason this place is getting depressing, it's the shitty reviews :lol:

Seriously though, the new album doesn't really radiate a lot of positive energy or joyfulness as the last two albums did, it has a very sad undertone. Maybe that's the reason. And I don't mean that in a negative way (don't even think about throwing those tomatoes at me!), I LOVE the new songs.

Just my two cents :wacky:

Guest kmm1482

And that's what great about Coldplay. Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head will ALWAYS be there, that sound will never change. But we can cling to similar sounds from that era that they're making now: Oceans, (from what I can tell) Ghost Story, while new fans have the MX/Ghost Story era, and those will never change either. What's also great is that if you've never heard any of the Parachutes/AROBTTH head b-sides, it's like re-discovering that sound all over again. And they're easily found to buy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, Justin Bieber's "Believe" is a 68 on Metacritic. This is exactly why I can't take any "critical" ratings seriously. It's all a bunch of bullshit from beginning to end.

Exactly. Grammys is the only entity with the credentials to praise or not praise music. And even they sometimes fuck up!

We'll see what Q think about the album soon.