✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin on GS - track by track

gai

OMG IM SO HAPPY HE MENTIONS ABOUT THE PEBBLES AT THE PIER OF SOUTH EAST OF ENGLAND :D :D :D

"There's a pier in Brighton at South of England on this pebble beach. Someone goes on a journey. And I felt like at a certain point where you just wanna wake up on the beach and everything seems okay and everything makes sense. That song is always to me, the end of it particularly like you are completely given to life. I trust with whatever is happening. The song is about trust ultimately." -Chris Martin.

:)

Nice interview, but I think it is really strange to release it now, with the hype for GS has almost faded :inquisitive: It should have been released around the album release time.

I loved every part in which Chris talked about the other band members & their chemistry :nice:

I noticed something interesting in the original video by beats:

[video=youtube;BJ78bwKOUs4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ78bwKOUs4&feature=youtu.be

From about 1:25 you can hear Guy and Jonny's lines that are used on very small sections of the song. I wonder how more interesting the song would have been if they utilized more of their parts into the song and released it closer to their own Coldplay version. Because as it is now I consider it to be an avicii song with Chris doing the vocals.

Nice interview, but I think it is really strange to release it now, with the hype for GS has almost faded :inquisitive: It should have been released around the album release time.

I loved every part in which Chris talked about the other band members & their chemistry :nice:

They are promoting the Ghost Stories Live album coming out next Monday.

Maybe it's because it was easier for Chris to talk about it than it was 6 months ago...

I noticed something interesting in the original video by beats:

[video=youtube;BJ78bwKOUs4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ78bwKOUs4&feature=youtu.be

From about 1:25 you can hear Guy and Jonny's lines that are used on very small sections of the song. I wonder how more interesting the song would have been if they utilized more of their parts into the song and released it closer to their own Coldplay version. Because as it is now I consider it to be an avicii song with Chris doing the vocals.

Interesting observation, though it sounds like Guy's bass part was used exactly as is in both album and live versions. Jonny's guitar line is maintained but I think it's the guitar tone that's different - it's cleaner and less gritty as it is in this recording. What IS very interesting is Jonny's sound at 2:10 - I believe that's the basis of the synth build before each chorus. It's a very creative take on it and I wonder if that was what Avicii used, or if he used his own synth sound to get that build...

I would LOVE to hear the original non-Aviici version of the song.

[smoke is rising from the houses]

me too..

btw, Don't you think there would be a full interview shown with the questions & some more playing from Chris aired soon? Apart from the ASFOS video, the rest was music-less. I would love to listen to snippets of what the songs used to sound like while in the making

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 12:04 AM, TheLostColdplayer said:

Hi guys!

If you're still looking for this interview, this mediafire link seems to be still working. Fortunately I managed to find it!

Enjoy! ?

Thank you ever so much!
This and Making of Ghost Stories have finally been shared on the same day!
It's made my year literally.
Thank you thank you thank you and @Nikolette?

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...