✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2014-12-13] NRJ Music Awards 2014

Sparky

[13-Dec-2014] Coldplay at the NJR Awards, Cannes, France

From this Coldplaying.com article. New thread for the upcoming show :)

a new event is scheduled for <strong>December 13th</strong>, where the band will visit the fabulous (and film festival inspired) destination of <strong>Cannes, France</strong>. The guys will play at the NRJ Music Awards 2014, exactly where they performed 2 years ago, where a colourful projection of Chris Martin lit up the stage in spectacular fashion as the band performed <em>Paradise</em>

[video=youtube;jTJ-bbWp8Hw]

why?

Why are they the worst?

I don't know if you remember Coldplay's last appearance, but that's the one time they got introduced as "Chris Martin....and his musicians!!!" :|

Moreover in France they've been suspected quite a few times of falsifying the awards in favour of the artists that were revealed and promoted by TF1 (the TV channel which broadcasts and produces the show) and NRJ (the radio). For instance, a couple years ago, Jenifer, a female French singer revealed 10 years ago by a talent show on TF1, won an award....even though her album was one of the worst-selling albums of that year :| (Not that commercial success means quality, but they've never been known for rewarding unknown artists for a great work, and also, well, Coldplay lost against LMFAO, so, yeah).

Also they always make mistakes when announcing winners and it's just embarrassing :|

Why are they the worst?

I don't know if you remember Coldplay's last appearance, but that's the one time they got introduced as "Chris Martin....and his musicians!!!" :|

Moreover in France they've been suspected quite a few times of falsifying the awards in favour of the artists that were revealed and promoted by TF1 (the TV channel which broadcasts and produces the show) and NRJ (the radio). For instance, a couple years ago, Jenifer, a female French singer revealed 10 years ago by a talent show on TF1, won an award....even though her album was one of the worst-selling albums of that year :| (Not that commercial success means quality, but they've never been known for rewarding unknown artists for a great work, and also, well, Coldplay lost against LMFAO, so, yeah).

Also they always make mistakes when announcing winners and it's just embarrassing :|

ooh i didnt know anything about that, now i understand, and they seriously introduced coldplay like that??? omg and werent the NRJ the same award in which chris had to understand and talk in french cause the host wouldnt talk in english???

ooh i didnt know anything about that, now i understand, and they seriously introduced coldplay like that??? omg and werent the NRJ the same award in which chris had to understand and talk in french cause the host wouldnt talk in english???

Yeah, I think Nikos Aliagas (the host) got too excited about Chris and just, you know, forgot that there are other people in the band and that this time, the full band was actually performing :| (Chris had gone there in 2009 i think, or perhaps 2010, and had performed LiTii on piano).

And hmmm that would surprise me (at least from that host, cause i'm most definitely certain he's OK with speaking English), but I don't remember them going to any other award show in France (well...actually there are perhaps 2 other Music awards show in France :| ) so that's probably the NRJ Music Awards, yes.

Yeah, I think Nikos Aliagas (the host) got too excited about Chris and just, you know, forgot that there are other people in the band and that this time, the full band was actually performing :| (Chris had gone there in 2009 i think, or perhaps 2010, and had performed LiTii on piano).

And hmmm that would surprise me (at least from that host, cause i'm most definitely certain he's OK with speaking English), but I don't remember them going to any other award show in France (well...actually there are perhaps 2 other Music awards show in France :| ) so that's probably the NRJ Music Awards, yes.

the english thing was "2009-01-17 Chris Martin Picks Up Coldplay's Honorary Award Cannes"

omg and werent the NRJ the same award in which chris had to understand and talk in french cause the host wouldnt talk in english???

yes it was! Where Chris was doing a solo performance of VLV and LiTii, and later he just stood there all awkwardly cuz he couldnt understand shit HAHAH

[video=youtube;hTTAyt0b6XA]

• 2 weeks later...

seems coldplay already have been there today and recorded ASFOS. so no live performances tomorrow.

B4sVbOEIUAAy1Mv.jpg

x

chris was seen performing white christmas backstage: x

finally, an interview conducted today. but i can't play the video for some reason.

http://www.nrj.fr/artistes-509/fiches-artistes-522/artiste/actu/551-coldplay.html?actu_id=321191_coldplay-ce-ne-sera-pas-leur-dernier-album-