✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What is the best run of songs in a Coldplay album?

lennyrott1

I have a question to ask of you all! What do you think the best run of Coldplay songs on a record is and why? The obvious answer is every song of every album :) but go beyond that! It can be any length, but should reflect a group of songs in order that you think work wonderfully together and are all awesome in your opinion!

My top two answers for example:

:viva: Cemeteries in London--Lost!--42--Lovers in Japan

:mx: MX/Hurts Like Heaven--Paradise--Charlie Brown--UATW--MMIX--ETIAW

1 - Politik - In My Place - God Put A Smile Upon Your Face - The Scientist - Clocks

2 - Life In Technicolor - Cemeteries Of London - Lost! - 42 - Lovers In Japan/Reign Of Love (side A of Viva)

3 - Mylo Xyloto - Hurts Like Heaven - Paradise - Charlie Brown - Us Against The World - MMIX - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (sida A of MX)

4 - Viva La Vida - Violet Hill - Strawberry Swing - Death And All His Friends

5 - Ink - True Love - Midnight

I din't put the whole Viva here because for me the transition from Chinese Sleep Chant to Viva sounds kind of abrupt

• 4 weeks later...

The opening sequence of "A Rush Of Blood To The Head" is FLAWLESS. Politik ---> In My Place ---> God Put A Smile Upon Your Face ----> The Scientist ----> Clocks (only all time Coldplay classics). That is why this is their best album yet.

Honorable mention : The first half of Mylo Xyloto is what makes the album for me. Mylo Xyloto -----> Hurts Like Heaven -----> Paradise ----> Charlie Brown ----> UATW----> MMIX ---> ETIAW. The second half is just really weird when put together, thought I love the ending with Up With The Birds.