✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

If Miracles was a sign of things to come from LP7....

jc90

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest diogo_sg

I'll bring my opinion into this thread: I wouldn't mind. I would love it, tbh!! I'm a big fan of Miracles! (it's my ringtone)

"I live to see the world"

Not sure is the answer. In one way, yes Miracles-esque is better than ASFOS/Collaborations galore but in an ideal world , Miracles sounding songs just wouldn't do it for me. Miracles is the best of a bad lot during this era, I hope it will sound a lot more like Oceans, All your friends and Ghost Story which are infinitely superior.

Guest diogo_sg
Not sure is the answer. In one way, yes Miracles-esque is better than ASFOS/Collaborations galore but in an ideal world , Miracles sounding songs just wouldn't do it for me. Miracles is the best of a bad lot during this era, I hope it will sound a lot more like Oceans, All your friends and Ghost Story which are infinitely superior.

I was so surprised when I heard Mr Will Champion's drums in Ghost Story!! I felt so happy!!

Yes: the song has all the elements of a Coldplay track I want. Beautiful, motivational piano with atmospheric guitar playing in tandem, Guy taking a more prominent role, Will singing in the background. Lyrics that aren't half bad. Lots of different instrumentation. Chris singing in a lower register with limited falsetto.

No: Has many elements of modern pop that I hate. The synthetic acoustic guitar that feels fake compared to Parachutes, AAROBTTH, Viva, and MX era's. Too much hooting and "YEAH YEAH YEAHHHH." Dull drumbeat and breakdown with claps that could fit onto a One Direction album.

I would be happy to get more Miracles sounding songs, but I think that is a risky thing to say because it is borderline "dad rock" or "contemporary pop" music that isn't as adventurous or creative as Coldplay can be. I would rather imagine songs like Miracles that are produced from Eno, Dravs, or someone rockier like DangerMouse or Rick Rubin, rather than Stargate.

NO. Coldplay are much more capable than that. Much much more. Let me put it to you this way. If Coldplay were Ford, Miracles is like one their horrible camper can thingies. But AROBTTH and VLV are like a Mustang GT500. I know if you're not American or into cars you wouldn't get what I'm trying to say but hey...

NO. Coldplay are much more capable than that. Much much more. Let me put it to you this way. If Coldplay were Ford, Miracles is like one their horrible camper can thingies. But AROBTTH and VLV are like a Mustang GT500. I know if you're not American or into cars you wouldn't get what I'm trying to say but hey...

Dude, it was a song for a movie. Do you really think they put in their best effort for that?

Omg am I the only one here who LOVES miracles? [emoji7] it might even be my favorite Coldplay song. When I first heard it I cried it was so good. So I would be very happy if the album went in the direction of miracles. That being said though, I literally like every Coldplay song. There is not one song or album by them that I dislike. Most people are only a fan of their old stuff but I love their new stuff (ex MX) just as much as their old stuff. So I would be completely okay with whatever style they choose for their new album, whether it's more of a Parachutes style or MX style. I just love all their songs! :)

I would write "Coldplay Post-2009" on a sheet of paper, screw it up, and then throw it in the bin.

Every time I hear this song I just think of a Christian camping group, it sounds like it could have Ned Flanders on backing vocals.

Happily I doubt the album will sound like that, but who knows? I've given up being positive or negative at this point, I just want to hear the album and find out if I'm still a Coldplay fan....c'mon lead single, we need you....

I think my main problem with both Atlas and Miracles are that they are both commercial products who's complete existence is to bolster another commercial product. Look at Don't Panic in Garden State, A director listened to a stand-alone artistic creation and judged it to parallel his own artistic creation. That's how bands music should be used in film. This 'fabrication for hire' stuff doesn't sit well with me at all.

Guest howyousawtheworld

If Miracles was a sign of what is to become of A Head Full Of Dreams then that would mean I wouldn't be buying A Head Full of Dreams. Simple as that really. Superficial cack - I'm pretty sure it's everything that Brian Eno didn't want Coldplay to be when he was brought into produce for the band.

I bet Eno listened to that and thought 'After all the sounds I opened your ears to!'

Ken Nelson was probably screaming 'After all the soul and atmosphere I gave you!'

As a piece of production it signifies everything that is wrong with production in music today - saturated and superficial. The clicks, the emotionless dull acoustic, the keyboard - it's quite frankly horrible and sounds like it should be the accompanying music for a regional home insurance advert here in the UK....not even good enough for a national home insurance advert. As a band, Miracles is ROCK BOTTOM for them.

^ I agree with major critiques of this song like yours. Yes it sounds like Christian Rock and yes, the production is really bland and generic. But melody wise don't think the piano and guitar are great on this song at the very least? It is one of Coldplay's weakest songs in my opinion, but I prefer it in many ways to tracks like Up In Flames or even ASFOS in some respects.

I think my main problem with both Atlas and Miracles are that they are both commercial products who's complete existence is to bolster another commercial product. Look at Don't Panic in Garden State, A director listened to a stand-alone artistic creation and judged it to parallel his own artistic creation. That's how bands music should be used in film. This 'fabrication for hire' stuff doesn't sit well with me at all.

I am one of those fans who are worried about the direction CP have taken since the release of MX. I think that Atlas is one of the few songs of the second part of their career that can be good enough to be considered like the ones in the first part.

On the other hand, Miracles is just too simple and ripetitive, with a not-so-original production and structure. If it represent LP7 I would be quite disappointed

• Like 1

If Miracles was a sign of what is to become of A Head Full Of Dreams then that would mean I wouldn't be buying A Head Full of Dreams. Simple as that really. Superficial cack - I'm pretty sure it's everything that Brian Eno didn't want Coldplay to be when he was brought into produce for the band.

I bet Eno listened to that and thought 'After all the sounds I opened your ears to!'

Ken Nelson was probably screaming 'After all the soul and atmosphere I gave you!'

As a piece of production it signifies everything that is wrong with production in music today - saturated and superficial. The clicks, the emotionless dull acoustic, the keyboard - it's quite frankly horrible and sounds like it should be the accompanying music for a regional home insurance advert here in the UK....not even good enough for a national home insurance advert. As a band, Miracles is ROCK BOTTOM for them.

You are so right ! I couldn't have said it better

This is a personal opinion, but....modern commercial music to me was for the greatest part (with a few exceptions, of course) generic, dull, in many cases feels "cheap" and made without meaning, atmosphere, true emotion, original melodies.

Then I got to know Coldplay, and their music (EPs + first 3/4 albums, I mean now) was a revelation for me. Because it was the complete opposite of what I despised in modern music.

But since MX, I see them becoming exactly that what they were not, too mainstream, too generic... SO GS wanted to convey the emotions of a man with a broken heart ? It failed to do so, imho ! Compare it with AROBTTH, which has 100x more emotion in it and still gives goosebumps with every listen. AROBTTH feels authentic, GS feels generic. Why, coldplay, why ??

And thus Miracles is part of a downward trend for me, and I fear Lp7 will be in the same stylistic direction....

This is a personal opinion, but....modern commercial music to me was for the greatest part (with a few exceptions, of course) generic, dull, in many cases feels "cheap" and made without meaning, atmosphere, true emotion, original melodies.

Then I got to know Coldplay, and their music (EPs + first 3/4 albums, I mean now) was a revelation for me. Because it was the complete opposite of what I despised in modern music.

But since MX, I see them becoming exactly that what they were not, too mainstream, too generic... SO GS wanted to convey the emotions of a man with a broken heart ? It failed to do so, imho ! Compare it with AROBTTH, which has 100x more emotion in it and still gives goosebumps with every listen. AROBTTH feels authentic, GS feels generic. Why, coldplay, why ??

And thus Miracles is part of a downward trend for me, and I fear Lp7 will be in the same stylistic direction....

If I could thumbs this up a million times I would. Perfectly sums it up.

Guest diogo_sg

But in GS we so have songs like True Love, Oceans, O and Midnight. Those reflect on heartbreak very well, imo