✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

If Miracles was a sign of things to come from LP7....

jc90

Same here. The whole coldplay feel of the first 4 albums is so different. The direction since mx Im not exactly following.. their descisions i dont get it. When you watch interviews from around viva or before they were still talking about becoming better. That they are not at the level they want to be, that they havent made their best album yet.

I agree. I understand them wanting to experiment in an attempt to make their best album, but I wonder by what standards they're judging themselves? Is being "better" having more radio hits? A more diverse fanbase? More record sales? Just making an album that they like to listen to? I feel at this point the guys have been lulled into a kind of safe zone; they still want to experiment but they aren't going at it as fervently as they were with their first four LPs. MX was pop-rock and GS was rock, not exactly risky sorts of albums to make.

I think we've begun to see a dichotomy between what the band wants/thinks is good and what the majority of the fanbase wants/thinks is good. That's fine, and I'm not saying that the band should cave in completely to the demands of their fanbase because then they would just turn into The Fray (never do anything exciting, ever), but it's going to leave a lot of people disappointed when their favorite indie rock band suddenly dives head-first into pop.

Hopefully, that isn't the case and this is just Coldplay's Pop stage like what U2 went through. :shrug:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I understand them wanting to experiment in an attempt to make their best album, but I wonder by what standards they're judging themselves? Is being "better" having more radio hits? A more diverse fanbase? More record sales? Just making an album that they like to listen to? I feel at this point the guys have been lulled into a kind of safe zone; they still want to experiment but they aren't going at it as fervently as they were with their first four LPs. MX was pop-rock and GS was rock, not exactly risky sorts of albums to make.

I think we've begun to see a dichotomy between what the band wants/thinks is good and what the majority of the fanbase wants/thinks is good. That's fine, and I'm not saying that the band should cave in completely to the demands of their fanbase because then they would just turn into The Fray (never do anything exciting, ever), but it's going to leave a lot of people disappointed when their favorite indie rock band suddenly dives head-first into pop.

Hopefully, that isn't the case and this is just Coldplay's Pop stage like what U2 went through. :shrug:

Well because like always: the interviewer makes a complement on how great they are. And chris will say: no, we're not there yet and then naming a few great bands and their legendary albums.

So, 'better' really means 'better music'. Or well... meant..?. Now 'better' seems to have translated into 'bigger'.

The more pop songs they are going to make the more they will attract young fans that are just into the 'hype' for a few years. They will get more temporary fans following them and they will loose even more of their older followers (like me). And at the concerts the crowd will mostly be (already is) people that go because they are big/popular. People that dont know high speed, shiver etc and probably never will.

I dont understand how a band would want that.

The more pop songs they are going to make the more they will attract young fans that are just into the 'hype' for a few years. They will get more temporary fans following them and they will loose even more of their older followers (like me). And at the concerts the crowd will mostly be (already is) people that go because they are big/popular. People that dont know high speed, shiver etc and probably never will.

I dont understand how a band would want that.

Well said, and very sad but this seems to be happening.

I was very worried at first.

But now I don't really care what the album will be like.

I mean, there will never be another song as good as ''Chinese Sleep Chant''.

But if the album's good, it's okay. And if not, then I'll just stick with the others.

Really great... Are you a shoegaze music listener?