✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ELIMINATION #3: X&Y

thetwinparadox

Agree that Gravity is amazing, even if due to the other candidates being amazing too I have to vote against it in this round. And funny, I posted the exact same thing here once - that what Embrace did to it should be considered a crime against music. Or alternatively, the criminal is Coldplay themselves for giving such an amazing song away into bad hands ;)

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Gravity, IMO it should be a final-battle song against Fix You. It's so amazing, and is probably a top 10, if not top-5 song by Coldplay. What Embrace did to it really should be considered a crime.

I completely agree with that. The passion of the song got lost when they played it.

And in the final round I'd like to see Fix You and Talk. They are my top two. Or maybe Square One for me they're the core of the album.

Agree that Gravity is amazing, even if due to the other candidates being amazing too I have to vote against it in this round. And funny, I posted the exact same thing here once - that what Embrace did to it should be considered a crime against music. Or alternatively, the criminal is Coldplay themselves for giving such an amazing song away into bad hands ;)

Imo there's nothing wrong with Embrace's version, but Coldplay's just blows it out of the water. And Gravity is the weakest track on Out of Nothing anyway, listen to Ashes or Keeping or the title track if you want to hear the what Embrace can truly write and perform. ;)

I think it is!! Odd, cause I thought that b-sides like I Ran Away would've gotten a lot farther.

Yeah me too! I Ran Away is in my top 3 b-sides (probably my favorite) and I was kinda disappointed that it got eliminated earlier than it did :/

Round over!!

[table=width: 500]

[tr]

[td]Gravity[/td]

[td]5[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Fix You[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Speed of Sound[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Square One[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]White Shadows[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

It seems like troubles have come all around.... :( Gravity is eliminated.

Gravity's pulling on everyone....

Square One

White Shadows

Fix You

Talk

Speed of Sound

So we have come down to the final 5!! I vote for Speed of Sound. ;)

I honestly don't know what I should vote for.

I'm having the same problem. I've just finished listening to the whole album to decide which song I should vote for. But, I found it harder to choose one. Each song has something special what makes it difficult to choose one. Maybe I'll just try to save Square One or Fix You or Talk or White Shadows or Speed of Sound I don't know!