✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ELIMINATION #6: GHOST STORIES

thetwinparadox

So now we have come to the elimination of what is regarded in some circles as the worst Coldplay album. It has been criticized by many for its pop aesthetic, uninspired songs, lack of focus on other members besides Chris, and poor lyrics. Yet nevertheless it still has many fans! But which of these songs is the best? It's time to find out!

The line-up:

Always in My Head

Magic

Ink

True Love

Midnight

Another's Arms

Oceans

A Sky Full of Stars

Fly On

O

Atlas

All Your Friends

Ghost Story

O (reprise)

Wish I Was Here

Miracles

I vote for A Sky Full of Stars. Honestly, I could rant for pages about how much I dislike this song. And you thought POC was bad! :P

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ASFOS

For the album, I honestly think that it's quite good considering the fact It's almost a side project or a Chris solo album. It's fair to say that the first 4 albums were better, but it has some good songs.

Glad to see Wish I Was Here among them, a great song.

but Miracles?

That's one of the worse things about it in my opinion.

I'd listen to MX over GS any day, and that REALLY is saying something!

It's one of the first times we disagree :) I find it very difficult to find a MX song that I really like except for Moving To Mars (and it's not even on the album), on GS there are at least 3-4 good songs that I listen to quite often. Last time I listened to a MX song was 2 years ago.

ASFOS

For the album, I honestly think that it's quite good considering the fact It's almost a side project or a Chris solo album. It's fair to say that the first 4 albums were better, but it has some good songs.

Glad to see Wish I Was Here among them, a great song.

but Miracles?

I considered putting Miracles into the mix but ultimately decided against it because its aesthetic and production are different from all the other songs here. In addition, it may turn out to be more similar to the songs on AHFOD and its release was a bit like the "non-album single before the lead single" trend they started with Christmas Lights. :)

If Wish I Was Here makes the list, where is Miracles? I think that's an obvious part of GS, just saying. Also, in my opinion that song doesn't get talked about a lot. I wonder why, it's definetely one of the best songs of the era. It's emotion is just as amazing... sometimes I think of it as a mini-Gravity...

Another's Arms. I mean, I like the beat to it a little, and the "ohh ahh ohhh whooooooo ohhhhh" in the intro is cool, also the tiny bell noises or whatever in the background add another dimension to it, but really it's nothing more than a beat most of the time. There's not a real melody to it most of the time, well actually there is but it's in the background, and it's a sort of bland one too. The song as a whole is just really bland, uninteresting, uninspired and boring, also it's really repetitive... seriously, this is Coldplay when they're not creative. They could have done a ton of a better job on this one, also the song kind of feels too spacey. If it was bland ish but had more noise to it, sort of like Amazing Day (though it is a more creative song, but it is a little bland nonetheless and sounds like a song you've heard before, but I'll go into that after) I'd like it more. But it feels a little too spacious, and that combined with the uncreativity does not please me at all. But still I kind of like to listen to it sometimes. It's a little bit cool, I mean I don't hate it really. But the lyrics are just laughable... haha! They seem so radio friendly... I just.... ugh. There's so many things wrong with this song, but still I kind of like it. I kind of like listening to it... to be honest I'm surprised I do like it. But compared to other Coldplay songs, yeah, this is pretty trashy. They could have done a lot better on this... not saying I don't completely like it but it is the most uninspired, boring, uncreative, etc. song of LP6, and probably entires Coldplay discography. (It still isn't my least favorite though, at least my least favorite song is creative and has flavor to it. I'm just saying this is the most bland of Coldplay.)

Get miracles (and possibly Gone But Not?) on there. It doesn't matter if it has a different style' date=' it's still part of the same era.[/quote']

nah Gone But Not is too AHFOD like :P doesn't sound like Gs IMO

But I agree with Miracles

It's so difficult for me to vote in this one. It's the first album I followed from beginning to end. I enjoy listening to the whole album because it came when I had some personal problems and it reminds me there is still love even when there are lots of difficult moments in our lives. So, talking about the personal meaning it has for me it's my favorite one. Talking about the musical aspect I have another one. For that reason it's hard to read all those negative comments towards Ghost Stories but I'll understand this is just a game and let's find which is the best song of this beautiful album.

With that being said my vote goes to O (reprise).

Wait, hold on everyone, some songs still need to be arguably added/removed! Who votes to get Miracles on there? If Wish I Was There is on the list, we might as well include Heaven and True Believer :P jk, NEVER

I added Wish I Was Here because it's credited to Cat Power and Coldplay versus Cat Power and Chris Martin, so it technically qualifies as a Coldplay song despite the fact that Will, Jonny, and Guy may have had little to no involvement with the track.

Miracles has also been added to the list. :)

Ok, now Im good, thanks! I vote for Midnight. It's not a single bit Coldplay, it's just Chris and Jon Hopkins. If this was an attempt to attract more fans, then it has been unsuccessful in the long run since this will probably be Coldplay's only ambient album.

Fixed. ;)

P.S. I hope that Coldplay will do more experimental and daring songs like Midnight in the future. :P