✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[PrayForParis] A short text by a french

Joueur Froid

Hey guys. First of all, thanks for all the support you brought to France, and especially here to French Coldplayers like me.

I live a mile away from the Bataclan (where the concert took place) and I heard some gunshots yesterday night. It was terrifying.

I felt like writing some few words for the victims... because I'm french, and because I felt inspired by Chris's Fly On performance yesterday as I was watching the news...

Feels then payback

Wish we could live in a world where all the flags have the same color,

So maybe we wouldn't have to deal with that much horror,

And I pray, oh I pray for you my friends I never knew,

Trust me I'm not one of these who will forget about you,

So light up a candle tonight and put it at your window,

That's a simple way to honour them and to show,

How strong our prayers and thoughts converge as one,

And through the night I've changed my tone,

We don't wanna feel the dirt on our knees anymore,

Blood on our sidewalks you'll have to pay for.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32922[/ATTACH]

Take care friends around the world !

JB

Thank you for starting this thread. I was going back and forth to start a thread in the news section about the horrible events of yesterday. I just could not bring myself to do it. It was just too upsetting. This seems much more appropriate. We wish all of France much love.

I wanna have fun but I still feel like mourning. Thankfully no one I know has been hurt, but I'm really sad about all this obviously. And moved by the reactions all around the world.

Coeurli, courage à toi ! C'est vraiment horrible... Fais attention à toi !

Thank you for starting this thread. I was going back and forth to start a thread in the news section about the horrible events of yesterday. I just could not bring myself to do it. It was just too horrible. This seems much more appropriate. We wish all of France much love.

Thank you Christa <3 it's very much appreciated ! Take care

This thread moved me so much, thank you so much for creating this! I have a lot of good friends in France so I've been sick with worry for the last 2 days...

I hearby light my own candle in the form of a drawing.

A tribute to the victims, I don't know if this is appropriate but I had to draw this

stay_strong_paris__by_janduny-d9gpqey.jpg

This thread moved me so much, thank you so much for creating this! I have a lot of good friends in France so I've been sick with worry for the last 2 days...

I hearby light my own candle in the form of a drawing.

A tribute to the victims, I don't know if this is appropriate but I had to draw this

stay_strong_paris__by_janduny-d9gpqey.jpg

What a really beautiful drawing, Batman....thanks for doing that :)

I think no art is inappropriate if it's meant as a way to support people. Beautiful drawing. And great poem.

French people, our thoughts go out to you and your country. (Céline, I'm glad to hear you and your friends/family are OK.) I hope no one gives up their faith in humanity, and everyone is able to find comfort in music in the future, in spite of what happened at the concert.

This thread is the proof there's love and hope in the world. Fans around the world are united to give strength to anyone who needs it. French coldplayers my thoughts are with you. Joueur your words say what I'm feeling even when I'm in the other side of the world. Stay strong and stay safe.

Salut ! Hi !

Je tiens à te saluer camarade parisien ! Prend soin de toi ! j'habite en province et je dois dire que c'est avec une profonde tristesse que j'ai lu les informations. C'est terrible ! On reste tous UNIS !

Je n'ai pas pu m'empêcher de ressentir une grande émotion en écoutant le groupe jouer O Fly On !

Courage !

And thank for all of the Support all the Coldplay Friends where you are from! There is no words to explain how can is it possible.....

Paris will always be the city of lights and love

This picture.....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">PHOTOS: Paris wipes away tears amid heightened security <a href="https://t.co/nh1zJTyyTc">https://t.co/nh1zJTyyTc</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/dochoadeolza">@dochoadeolza</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/AP_Images">@AP_Images</a> <a href="https://t.co/s0or3f8FWZ">pic.twitter.com/s0or3f8FWZ</a></p>— NBC News Pictures (@NBCNewsPictures) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBCNewsPictures/status/665987464859906049">November 15, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Like 1

Here is a beautiful article about one of the many that died. It's a tribute we can all relate to, the wonderful Roadies and Crew we appreciate so much

http://observer.com/2015/11/we-are-all-the-road-crew/

We Are All the Road Crew

720x405-nick.jpg?quality=80&w=635Nick Alexander, the merch manager for Eagles of Death Metal, was killed during Friday night’s terrorist attack at Paris night club the Bataclan.

Behind virtually every band you see on stage, there are unseen men and women who wrestle with monitor mixes, tune drumheads, carry un-carryable bass amps, argue with impossible promoters, scramble to find change for someone buying a baseball hat, negotiate with hotel clerks who don’t speak their language, change money and change money back, drive thousands of miles through the night, drive thousands of miles through the snow, drive thousands of miles through the rain. Today, we honor all road crew through the spirit of just one of them: Nick Alexander, who lost his life Friday night.

The artists who move you, who make you jump and wiggle and crouch and crawl and cry and scream, would not be standing in front of you without the beautiful, beastly, dirty, dainty, sleepless, slatternly, profane, proud, patient, impatient, tattooed, committed, and committable army of men and women who make these moments of onstage transcendence possible.

Sometimes, it’s just one guy or girl who does all the driving and dashes from soundboard to merch stand to van to dressing room; other times, it’s three long busses full of professionals who have made this their life’s work. In any event, these are the men and women behind the curtain who make the wizard’s fantastic onstage humbuggery a reality.

Today, we honor all of them through the spirit of just one of them: Nick Alexander, who lost his life Friday night. He wasn’t just a “merch guy.” He was a member of the ensemble who happened to play T-shirts.

Please think of him and please be thankful for all of the people who make the musicians’ dreams possible, and who make it possible for us to dream through music.

To isolate one victim of Friday’s attacks is inappropriate. But there is no such thing as a small life; we must recognize that every life lost leaves a hole in the world.

To isolate one victim of Friday’s attacks is inappropriate. But there is no such thing as a small life, so we must recognize that every life lost leaves a hole in the world, one that is absolutely unique.

Every victim of Friday’s obscenity leaves an empty place in a bed, an empty seat at the dinner table, an empty desk at an office, an empty stool at a favorite bar, an untold story by a child’s bedside, a bicycle in a garage without a rider, an empty seat by the window in the tour bus; and from this moment forward, for as long as there is someone alive who loved or knew one of these victims, that person remains in someone’s heart and memory. Twenty-four years from now, 44, 52, 88 years from now, someone will be alive who sees and feels that empty seat at the dinner table.

Nick Alexander’s life and work is important to every person who has made music, every person who listens to music, and every person who has ever been inside a club or a concert hall and found themselves deep in the thrall of the experience of live music. By honoring his profession, I hope to do some honor to the man; and by honoring one man, I hope to shine some light on the idea that every victim (these names we may hear for a moment, the names we will never hear), touched a thousand and more lives.

I did not know Nick Alexander. But I know his brothers. And next time you are staring at a stage, next time your feel your chest vibrate because of the humping, humming low end throttling out of the speakers, next time you look through the haze of the smoke and the lights to the dreamers on stage singing the words that express your thoughts even better then you can express them yourself, please see Nick in the lights, hear him in the music, feel him in the hiss and holler of the amps, and be aware that his brothers and sisters are in the room, too, making it all happen.

Hey guys. First of all, thanks for all the support you brought to France, and especially here to French Coldplayers like me.

I live a mile away from the Bataclan (where the concert took place) and I heard some gunshots yesterday night. It was terrifying.

I felt like writing some few words for the victims... because I'm french, and because I felt inspired by Chris's Fly On performance yesterday as I was watching the news...

Feels then payback

Wish we could live in a world where all the flags have the same color,

So maybe we wouldn't have to deal with that much horror,

And I pray, oh I pray for you my friends I never knew,

Trust me I'm not one of these who will forget about you,

So light up a candle tonight and put it at your window,

That's a simple way to honour them and to show,

How strong our prayers and thoughts converge as one,

And through the night I've changed my tone,

We don't wanna feel the dirt on our knees anymore,

Blood on our sidewalks you'll have to pay for.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32922[/ATTACH]

Take care friends around the world !

JB

Thank you for posting this... I couldn't help but get emotional while I read it. Stay strong, we are all a family. The sick bastards who did this may have taken 129 lives, but they can never take away our love, encouragement, kindness, and respect, which give light to this dark world.

"Leave a light, a light on..."

Thank you for posting this... I couldn't help but get emotional while I read it. Stay strong, we are all a family. The sick bastards who did this may have taken 129 lives, but they can never take away our love, encouragement, kindness, and respect, which give light to this dark world.

"Leave a light, a light on..."

Word!

We can never give up hope... And must find a way to keep on loving, respecting, and caring...