[2016-06-19] Wembley Stadium, London, UK

mayurshikotra

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speechless performance.

Norys

that was quite an emotional and intense performance! gorgeous nonetheless. is that usually where chris performs amazing day? way in the back, kneeling down?

• Like 1

I was standing up and singing along throughout the concert while being tapped on the shoulder by the people behind asking me to sit down because "they couldn't see"

I understand your desire to stand and dance, but in all honesty I have to say if it is a seated area, please stay seated.

I've got a seated ticket as well and small people like me really don't see anything when people in front are standing ! Not everybody has got the stamina to stand for such a long time, think of older people or people with disabilities etc., and those who got seated tickets have every right to not get their view spoiled because people in front wanna stand...

(This is not a personal attack or anything, I just wanted to state my opinion on seated view. Peace ! :))

• Like 2

that was quite an emotional and intense performance! gorgeous nonetheless. is that usually where chris performs amazing day? way in the back, kneeling down?

Lately he is performing there.

Norys

Gonna get up in five minutes at 3am to catch my night Bus to get to the train and the Airport. And I've basically slept on the ground for the past three days LMAO this is my life, these are my choices :awesome:

• Like 7

Gonna get up in five minutes at 3am to catch my night Bus to get to the train and the Airport. And I've basically slept on the ground for the past three days LMAO this is my life, these are my choices :awesome:

dude! wise choices, you got to see freaking coldplay back to back!

I couldn't hear what Chris said about his brother and See You Soon. Can anybody fill me in?

The abridged version of Chris' story:

His younger (by 2 years) brother is really into heavy metal and after the first Wembley show said " You can't play that song again. It's too slow. It's a b-side from BEFORE your first album that no-one remembers or cares about."

Following this they dropped it for 2 nights but decided to play it for the final show.

• Like 1

I was sitting in 227 and looking from there the experience was totally different.

The people around me were not the very active Coldplayers, but I knew that in advance.

It took them a while but especially during the older and most famous hits they were joining in.

It was a nice way to see everything from a distance.

Some pictures:

[ATTACH=full]4829[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4830[/ATTACH]

I also made some videos but I will post a lot more when I'm back in Belgium.

• Like 9

Time to get back to munich.

What a weekend!

Thanks to Coldplay, the concert-crowds and all the friendly and helpful people in london [emoji4]

PS: I think I had eye-contact with chris on sunday during fix you back at the b-stage when he set up that crazy look again [emoji16]

• Like 1

The abridged version of Chris' story:

His younger (by 2 years) brother is really into heavy metal and after the first Wembley show said " You can't play that song again. It's too slow. It's a b-side from BEFORE your first album that no-one remembers or cares about."

Following this they dropped it for 2 nights but decided to play it for the final show.

He couldn't be more wrong !!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

this is why, as someone who is also the oldest of several children, i never listen to what my younger siblings think :P

• Like 2

I was sitting in 227 and looking from there the experience was totally different.

The people around me were not the very active Coldplayers, but I knew that in advance.

It took them a while but especially during the older and most famous hits they were joining in.

It was a nice way to see everything from a distance.

I also made some videos but I will post a lot more when I'm back in Belgium.

Firstly a lovely pic of the rainbow dust thingy. Annoyed I didn't get my phone out quick enough to capture it myself!

I sat in the lower level unreserved on Sunday and agree with you about how COMPLETELY different the experience is.

You get a great overall view of the show - the pyrotechnics, confetti, LED balls, a sea of xylobands across the whole stadium etc. (I was quite amazed about how much of "the show" I missed whilst standing the night before). It really was a glorious spectacle, but most of the fans tend to be slightly more casual, not necessarily knowing every track.

Overall I think I preferred the passion and energy you get from jumping and singing every word near the front, where you just KNOW you're surrounded by people loving every second of it just as much as you are.

I'm really glad I managed to try out both. Now I just need to get to an intimate gig!

• Like 4

I don't know about you guys, but I got a real shock on Sunday Night, I got there thoroughly expecting Fix You or Up and Up to be my favourite song of the night, neither of them were, can you guess what it was?, it was either A Head Full Of Dreams, Clocks, or Amazing Day.

• Like 2

The entire set is quite strong (as far as fanfare-based entertainment goes), but to me nothing quite beats AHFOD as the opener. AIMH on the B stage and rarities on C stage are also highlights in my view.

Okay my highlight of the night actually took me by surprise, it was Amazing Day, the last minute of it Chris really threw his voice around the stadium, I just hope we have shown enough support for them to carry on after this tour, I really hope they do a second and possibly third leg to this tour in the UK, because I really wanted to take more videos but my phone kept running out of memory, if they split up after this I will be like a teenage girl when Take That split up for the first time.

• Like 2