✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-2-17] Coldplay to Recieve NME's Godlike Genius Award at NME Awards

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Martin should've decked that BMTH frontman. I would have. It would've made Chris look cool, something which clearly Chris wants. The opportunity was right there.

Actually Chris' reaction was really good. Getting in a proper beef with that man would have been seen as childish. Chris was the bigger man but mostly the bigger rockstar, he basically treated the singer like a nobody, saying he had never heard of them and, during his speech, saying that "Coldplay sat where BMTH are sitting....next to the big bands". :lol:

• Like 8

Actually Chris' reaction was really good. Getting in a proper beef with that man would have been seen as childish. Chris was the bigger man but mostly the bigger rockstar, he basically treated the singer like a nobody, saying he had never heard of them and, during his speech, saying that "Coldplay sat where BMTH are sitting....next to the big bands". :lol:

I was like this watching him say that

[ATTACH=full]4136[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...
What an amazing show, this was like a dream coem true for me! I wrote a bit about it, and link to some of my pics from the night - http://thefangirldiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

Nice ! I browsed a little bit further in your blog posts, and I have to tell you that I SO AGREE ON WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT BEING SINGLE !!!!!

It's true, you are always the odd one out and get disadvantaged etc. Society puts a strong pressure on even a twenty-something to be in a relationship. I'm so sick of it. I recently listened to Video Games by Lana Del Rey, and the lyric "They say that the world was made for two" struck me as being quite to the point.

I wish to add to your examples the kind of pressure that can be put on you by work colleagues ! In my trade it is more common than not to put in extra work hours in evenings and weekends. I noticed that saying something like "sorry, my wife is gonna kill me if I'm not home early this evening" is a perfectly acceptable excuse to go home earlier. But when I wanna leave earlier and I would come up with something like "sorry, I wanna go home on time today because, well, I wanna have an evening for myself" everybody thinks I'm lazy. Implicitly you are expected to be able to always stay longer because well, "she doesn't have anyone waiting for her at home anyway" right ?! Do I not have equal rights to leisures and free time in life because I'm not married ???? Sick of that too.

Anyway, sorry for going off-topic :D

• Like 2

What an amazing show, this was like a dream coem true for me! I wrote a bit about it, and link to some of my pics from the night - http://thefangirldiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

First, you are an enthralling writer! Second, I'll add to what I Ran Away said about societal pressures: it's so true. Same goes for even married couples without kids. Actually had someone have nerve to ask "How many kids do you have?" Notice I didn't say "Do you have kids?" Assumption is you should. When you don't , people ask "Why not?" Doesn't anyone think, "gee, maybe she couldn't?" It's no one's business. Even worse is that you didn't want to. Either way, you are always assumed to be able to work late or come in early because you don't have kids. So even some of us married people are in your boat as a single person. Keep on blogging...you are fun to read!!

• Like 1

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your comments! I'm writing a bit about the War Child show was well, so will post that too. Keep doing you and breaking those social norms, I am so glad people agree with me!

Hey, I just read a little bit of your blog and I agree with you, too!

that bmth guy is one attention seeker.. pathetic

[MEDIA=instagram]BC1aBQQyDs7[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BC1aBQQyDs7/

Is this an official shirt by BMTH ? Are they even allowed to do that to other people's faces ?

Coldplay should sue them....but they would never do that, cause they are decent and respectful human beings (unlike some other musicians)

Coldplay should sue them....but they would never do that, cause they are decent and respectful human beings (unlike some other musicians)

Are you serious? Sometimes being too humble isn't good. Taking legal actions against this isn't disrespectful. If this is an official shirt, then they've gotta at least do something.

Are you serious? Sometimes being too humble isn't good. Taking legal actions against this isn't disrespectful. If this is an official shirt, then they've gotta at least do something.

I was not saying its disrespectful, I was just saying that Coldplay may be too "nice" to do such a thing...