✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-2-17] Coldplay to Recieve NME's Godlike Genius Award at NME Awards

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow! that was so much better than i expected! wonderful! the crowd was amazing!

and i'm always surprised by how self-aware the band is. wonderful speech right there.

and i guess this might be one of those times that the band tells chris that he's gone too far, to bring it back :laugh3: he was having way too much fun to concentrate and actually play!

• Like 2

Loving it :)

But what happened with BMTH a while ago? I missed that :/

That singer was drunk and then he went into the audience and ended up standing and 'singing' on Coldplay's table, which later sort of collapsed and Jonny was like: wtf dude?

I'm actually really proud they showed the whole room (and acts like BMTH in particular) why they are one of the best and most succesful bands of the past 15 years and why bands like *cough* BMTH *cough* will never achieve this ;)

• Like 3

This was amazing,

thanks for the stream Stephen!

I feel so proud of them!

Btw, has anyone noticed that Chris was missing his Love button? Maybe he just gave it out to someone. I just found it a bit weird to see him without it, I'm so used to it : )

• Like 2

yeah nme throwing coldplay shade by not having GS..

but Chris! took bmth down with just two comments! :laugh3:

"never heard of them" "we came to nme first when we were kids and were sat where bmth was sitting near the big bands"! :clap:

• Like 9

yeah nme throwing coldplay shade by not having GS..

but Chris! took bmth down with just two comments! :laugh3:

"never heard of them" "we came to nme first when we were kids and were sat where bmth was sitting near the big bands"! :clap:

Absolutely loved that comment haha

• Like 5

The most sincere gig for a while ... I thinks Chris Martin was really touched by the montage.

I really think they were happy to be there. It's a little back to the roots: the NME, britain, ...

I had not listened fix you voluntarily since 3 years. For the first time tonight, i did it.

I don't like the viva la vida after period and latest gigs have wearied me. But tonight, i again hope. There would have been 1 "rare" title and it was perfect.

Highly Glastonbury !

• Like 1