✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

This is interesting.

Do you know the difference between Autotune and a backing track? You probably heard a backing track composed of Chris' voice being played over. Autotune is a whole another ball game. Autotune enhances a singer's voice. I'd say, just enjoy the show for what it's worth.

I do know the difference, thanks.

You, too, enjoy the show!

• Like 1

After some playing around and testing around I've came to the conclusion that he indeed is lip-syncing Clocks in at least six performances mentioned in this thread.

I've uploaded an audio file(below this line) in which you can hear the results:

[MEDIA=zippyshare]file=lUBWousy;server=117[/MEDIA]

I did some editing to make Chris's voice more hearable.

You might think that it just sounds as one performance. However, these are six(!) different performances layered on top of each other.

So, six different tracks made from six different performances.

I've looped different parts in the tracks and the vocals are completely identical.

I did hear some vibrato differences in one word between the April 15th Mexico recording and the May 24th Nice recording.

I'm however assuming that it's just because of the quality difference.

Now, what I think about the lip-sync:

It's sad that he does some lip-syncing. It's Clocks, they have been singing this song for many many years, he should be able to sing this song with no problem at all...

There could of course be vocal troubles, which I wouldn't be surprised about as he is singing often flat lately.

Live or lip-sync, It's still clocks and it's still Coldplay performing the song. His piano appears to be at least live (various mistakes within those six recordings).

Last week friday I enjoyed the song a lot in Amsterdam, so I don't make a big deal out of it.

I checked some other songs and they all appear to be very live! :)

• Like 7

After some playing around and testing around I've came to the conclusion that he indeed is lip-syncing Clocks in at least six performances mentioned in this thread.

I've uploaded an audio file(below this line) in which you can hear the results:

[MEDIA=zippyshare]file=lUBWousy;server=117[/MEDIA]

I did some editing to make Chris's voice more hearable.

You might think that it just sounds as one performance. However, these are six(!) different performances layered on top of each other.

So, six different tracks made from six different performances.

I've looped different parts in the tracks and the vocals are completely identical.

I did hear some vibrato differences in one word between the April 15th Mexico recording and the May 24th Nice recording.

I'm however assuming that it's just because of the quality difference.

Now, what I think about the lip-sync:

It's sad that he does some lip-syncing. It's Clocks, they have been singing this song for many many years, he should be able to sing this song with no problem at all...

There could of course be vocal troubles, which I wouldn't be surprised about as he is singing often flat lately.

Live or lip-sync, It's still clocks and it's still Coldplay performing the song. His piano appears to be at least live (various mistakes within those six recordings).

Last week friday I enjoyed the song a lot in Amsterdam, so I don't make a big deal out of it.

Thanks a lot for the analysis! :thumbsup:

Have you tried the Up&Up performances, particularly the ones jossec mentioned, i.e., the Red Room performance and

?

It seems to me those vocals are the same, but some of the other ones could be different.

They do sound similar but both are mostly straight forward (great performed).

I did decide to check the difference between both Amsterdam shows, I went to the second one but didn't make a complete video of the song.

I found one on YouTube which clearly has a lot of differences!

Especially it's easy to notice it after the first guitar solo!

23-06-2016 (from 03:55) :

24-06-2016 (from 08:50)

So I'm kind of sure that Up&Up is generally not a lip-sync!

Thanks a lot for the analysis! :thumbsup:

Have you tried the Up&Up performances, particularly the ones jossec mentioned, i.e., the Red Room performance and

?

It seems to me those vocals are the same, but some of the other ones could be different.

I wanted to say something about this one for a long time (since I've been at the 24th of June in Amsterdam), I noticed (when I got home), that Chris playbacked Up&Up and I am really sure that they used Chris's voice like they used at the Red Room performance of Up&Up.

Listen to these parts; ''Or see each sunrise as a gift'' before the first guitar solo. You'll hear that Chris goes singing lower notes in those performances of the past week(s). I might be wrong, but I think the first time since Chris does playback Up&Up was in Amsterdam on the 23th of June. Like you just mentioned.

They do sound similar but both are mostly straight forward (great performed).

I did decide to check the difference between both Amsterdam shows, I went to the second one but didn't make a complete video of the song.

I found one on YouTube which clearly has a lot of differences!

Especially it's easy to notice it after the first guitar solo!

23-06-2016 (from 03:55) :

24-06-2016 (from 08:50)

So I'm kind of sure that Up&Up is generally not a lip-sync!

Of course, I am not happy with this but you guys have to trust me. Listen in that first video from 3:00 and in the second video, listen from 8:00, you will hear that this part: ''Or see each sunrise as a gift'' sounds EXACTLY the same and so does this performance of Up&Up in Berlin 3 days ago; (2:59)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=3l2xHsJSnt8;t=179

Mobile Link: https://youtu.be/3l2xHsJSnt8?t=179

I wanted to say something about this one for a long time (since I've been at the 24th of June in Amsterdam), I noticed (when I got home), that Chris playbacked Up&Up and I am really sure that they used Chris's voice like they used at the Red Room performance of Up&Up.

Listen to these parts; ''Or see each sunrise as a gift'' before the first guitar solo. You'll hear that Chris goes singing lower notes in those performances of the past week(s). I might be wrong, but I think the first time since Chris does playback Up&Up was in Amsterdam on the 23th of June. Like you just mentioned.

Yep, that's exactly the part that makes them sound suspiciously similar.

Listen to the recording from 23-06 at 4:20, the note is low. Now listen to the recording from 24-06 at 9:19, the same note is high! :)

Erm, I don't think so. The same note is just as low as the other, according to my ears :)

Well, @guy42 , what do you think?

Of course, I am not happy with this but you guys have to trust me. Listen in that first video from 3:00 and in the second video, listen from 8:00, you will hear that this part: ''Or see each sunrise as a gift'' sounds EXACTLY the same and so does this performance of Up&Up in Berlin 3 days ago; (2:59)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=3l2xHsJSnt8;t=179

Mobile Link: https://youtu.be/3l2xHsJSnt8?t=179

Ok this video confirms it for me.

• Like 2

Ok, so I did some very well listening with different type of EQ changes and panning changes and have a little clip in which you can hear differences. They are very minor, however, they are not completely identical.

Listen to the 'I know' and 'somehow'.

[MEDIA=zippyshare]file=hsKs6L8Y;server=75[/MEDIA]

Sadly Zippyshare destroyed the sound quality a bit.

• Like 1

The "somehow" from Up&Up was definitely sung lower on 24-6 in comparison to the show on 23-6. I'm happy to find out it was live, because I was there on the 24th. However, it is sad that Clocks is lip-synched. Chris will have reasons to do this.

The Glastonbury show was one of their best that I've seen. Chris was in near perfect voice. I couldn't help think of this thread at times and wonder if it was too perfect. Still loved every minute of it!

• Like 3

Guys. Guys.

I just noticed something big.

I think Kaleidescioscodpe is just backing track... It sounds the same every time. And Amazing Grace? The same every time, as well. I would even go as far as to suggest that Barack Obama isn't even there singing it at every concert.

Truly shocking :( And to think I thought I trusted the Cold Play.

• Like 17

And I even distinctly remember the Oracle denying that Chris ever lip-syncs...

Well i hope that's the case but every live performance of clocks sounds the same to my ears. Vocal wise it does but the piano playing is definitely live.

• Like 1

Guys. Guys.

I think Kaleidescioscodpe is just backing track... It sounds the same every time. And Amazing Grace? The same every time, as well. I would even go as far as to suggest that Barack Obama isn't even there singing it at every concert.

LOL freakin LOL.

Honestly this whole thing doesn't bother me at all. The only reason I look into it is because I'm somewhat of a nerd :p and I'm curious.

So there.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Guys. Guys.

You're good. I'll give you that lol.

• Like 3

LOL freakin LOL.

Honestly this whole thing doesn't bother me at all. The only reason I look into it is because I'm somewhat of a nerd :p and I'm curious.

So there.

I've heard multiple versions of clocks from this year and his pronunciation on each is different, it's not lip synced