✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear that coldplay song?

flockofbirds222

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was one of the first coldplay songs I had on repeat for a few weeks when I wasn't even really a fan yet. Though there are a lot better songs it will always have a special place in my heart:heart:

The Goldrush

The rythm of the song, speaking of the drums, are very nice. And all four of them sing (I think). I think that Jonny's the one that sings with the very low voice.

It almost makes me laugh because at some parts he is singing so low that it almost sounds like he's joking or so :D

Up&Up

• Like 1

I imagine all these colors randomly flashing around to the ringing of the bells or whatever that is, kind of like blending in with each other, sort of faded, not abrupt or flashy, like you're in a sort of dreamy state and as a part of each song from earlier in the album plays you remember those earlier "dreams" before finally moving on to Up&Up.

Life in Technicolor (album version)

• Like 1

I imagine, being at night, almost right on the ocean with Chris Martin and his guitar just singing to me. A very beautiful almost ambient style soundscape and a very relaxing song. Contrast this with the mainly electronic soundscape of the rest of the album, this is mostly acoustic guitar with just that one electronic beat, it's placed right in there it gives it a more unique flavor, and of course the effects in the background and everything as they build up as the song goes on. I especially like SprayCanSoulGuy's edit of this one.

How about Life in Technicolor ii?

I think of something related to the album cover, mostly the color first. It's in my top 3 Coldplay songs, it is very beautiful throughout and also very unique. It in fact is the first song I've ever listened to by Coldplay, wayyyyy before I became a hardcore fan, I listened to it sometime around 2009 so not too too long after it came out I don't think. It was a weird video with a pretty meh song for the start (but I liked, and still to an extent like the type of videos). That second song though realllllly caught me and I really wanted to listen to it. Forever and ever I did until I gradually forgot about it. I could go into a massive story about how I came to love Coldplay but that's for another time so I'll leave it at that for now. I especially liked it since the thing I seen when I very first heard that song was the Windows XP default background which looks sooooo beautiful, ever since I've associated this beautiful song with outdoor places, really for most Coldplay Songs I associate them with some sort of outside scene. :)

Mylo Xyloto (not the album obviously, you know the intro track to HLH)

• Like 1

Same here!

I think of being at the scene depicted on the cover of Prospekt's March for some reason. Just looking more up and with the sky a little darker. I find that the album's cover has a large influence on how I see the songs "colors". It's a very beautiful and unique song, reallly all of the songs on Viva la Vida are unique. That's one of many things that set this album and AHFOD apart, as much as I like Coldplay's latest release it almost feels as if quite a few other bands could make the same thing, while Viva la Vida is obviously a whole different story all together...

Always In My Head

• Like 1

How relaxing the song is, this is actually a rare example of a song I'd think of inside, I imagine this warm ambient orange light surrounding me and someone else who playing the piano. Near the end of the song it'd be cool if you'd hear the faint sound of rain. The song's so simple yet very effective at what it does, if you're tired enough it can easily send you spiraling down into a peaceful sleep (at least the start of it LOL)

On the complete flipside: A Head Full Of Dreams

• Like 1

Yes!! I am actually lying in bed right now listening to it right now lol.

I always remember a line that's actually not part of this song.. "A wonderful adventure!" It's the last line they use from Charlie Chaplin's speech in this year's tour before Will starts the drums and the concert kicks off, and you feel an incredible adrenaline rush!! This song really symbolizes the start of an incredible adventure, the quiet start leading up to the guitar and the lyrics.. It's like they want to tell you to buckle up because we are about to present to you an incredible album.

I also always remember the color red because at the start of the concert xylobands, screens and confetti are that color (:

I know many don't like this song but Princess of China?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I kind of associate the color red with AHFOD too, really various colors since the whole thing is very colorful.

PoC is criminally underrated IMO. It's actually a really good pop song and it's actually not very happy at all, it's the perfect lead up to the melancholic heartfelt "Up In Flames". A different soundscape than usually present on Mylo Xyloto but still quite enjoyable.

• Like 2