✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear that coldplay song?

flockofbirds222

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to be one of the few persons who really like the song.

It reminds me oft their perfomance on the closing ceremony of the Paralymics and that incredible woman who did gymnastics while hanging from the ceiling (if I remember it correctly).

A Message

Hey, I am one of those too ;)

Probably best Coldplay song ever written (Yellow)

Everglow

• Like 1

Undying light... something that shines so bright and will never fade.

I remember hearing a part of it when Coldplay posted the AHFOD snippets and I was instantly hooked. Although the stripped-down version of the song is better, more sincere and heart-melting, I do love the slow drum beat of Will in the album version. One of my favorites from this era (the other two are Birds and Amazing Day).

Sleeping Sun

• Like 1

Undying light... something that shines so bright and will never fade.

I remember hearing a part of it when Coldplay posted the AHFOD snippets and I was instantly hooked. Although the stripped-down version of the song is better, more sincere and heart-melting, I do love the slow drum beat of Will in the album version. One of my favorites from this era (the other two are Birds and Amazing Day).

Sleeping Sun

Ha, just like me! :D

Nice acoustic, stripped down piece. Nothing groundbreaking or spectacular, yet nothing bad either. Good and solid b side. I like to think of a rather rainy morning, and there's another scene or picture that's hard to describe that comes to my mind... Another thing I think of is "what the heck is a sleeping sun"?? Lol. I'm not sure if it's a semi commonly used phrase or something and if so I never heard of it. But overall, is a nice song.

Postcards From Far Away

• 2 weeks later...

The awesome chant at the beginning, and the rumor about it that it was stolen from a Vietnamese song...sadly, I listened to that rumored song and I have to say the POC chant does sound exactly like the Vietnamese chant. But a great chant, no doubt about that ! And a great singalong at concerts.

Harmless

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
The awesome chant at the beginning, and the rumor about it that it was stolen from a Vietnamese song...sadly, I listened to that rumored song and I have to say the POC chant does sound exactly like the Vietnamese chant. But a great chant, no doubt about that ! And a great singalong at concerts.

Harmless

This song is the very definition of a hidden gem. Literally. Not even a B-side, it should be considered a crime that Coldplay completely ditched this one (yet let "music" like X Marks The Spot onto their album...) I think of a winter night here, while being nice and cozy and warm in my bed, looking at the chillier outside. Very dreamy and sleepy, this one is. Wonderful music we have on our very fortunate hands here...

• 1 year later...