✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear that coldplay song?

flockofbirds222

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris floating over the stage

Talk

:lol: I died at this.

As for CSC, Very unique song especially for Coldplay, not necessarily my fav but I do like it for the shoegaze influences and it still enjoyable. Very nice. This is a very rare case of a song that I don't strongly associate a sight with it even a time of day, potentially sometime in spring on one of those dirt gravel driveway things... Something similar to what I see with a lot of Viva songs. Also sounds a lot like a lot of DIIV's stuff, maybe they liked this one song by Coldplay in particular and made a lot of version of those songs with variation and they're own style of course :P

Cemeteries of London

• Like 1

Unique for Coldplay. Hard rock feel and was (and still is) vastly different from anything they've ever done. So props for that. I visualize not really a scene, I guess it would work best on a cloudy day around noon, I visualize mainly white for a color like most AROBTTH-era content. With a touch of green maybe. But admittedly one of my least favorite Coldplay songs, really am missing what makes Coldplay songs good here.

Hurts like Heaven

• Like 1

Unique for Coldplay. Hard rock feel and was (and still is) vastly different from anything they've ever done. So props for that. I visualize not really a scene, I guess it would work best on a cloudy day around noon, I visualize mainly white for a color like most AROBTTH-era content. With a touch of green maybe. But admittedly one of my least favorite Coldplay songs, really am missing what makes Coldplay songs good here.

Hurts like Heaven

Hurts like Heaven is one of my favorites! [emoji173]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hurts like Heaven

I love Chris's little whispered line in this song....

"Yes, I feel a little bit nervous, yes I'm feeling nervous & I cannot relax."

Swallowed in the Sea

• Like 2

I love Chris's little whispered line in this song....

"Yes, I feel a little bit nervous, yes I'm feeling nervous & I cannot relax."

Swallowed in the Sea

I picture an overcast light rainy day by the sea on this peninsula kinda thing. Such a good song to sing along too, one of the best if not the best and most satisfying Coldplay song to sing along too IMO

Magic

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I remember when I was younger and I was just discovering the Parachutes era... At that time I had a CD with the whole album + Careful Where You Stand and For You. That song also remind me of a picture of the dawn on the earth seen from outer space.

Daylight

the color blue and cars :thinking:

blue because i listen to the version from The Blue Room EP so that's the image that comes up... and i think maybe someone used an image of cars in a lyric video on youtube for the song :P

Murder

Haha, I think I know which video you're talking about :)

least favorite AROBTTH Era B-side, and the fact I only recently learned it has been played live :D

Proof

A simple, stripped down, heartfelt, and melancholic masterpiece. To be honest this feels like a song that was meant to only be known by a few, only being put as a b side for the more adventurous Coldplay fans such as me. There's something special about you knowing that you're only one out of a select few knowing this hidden gem. Not overplayed on radio, or played at all even, not a massive top 40 hit with 2000 tracks only possible with computers... Sometimes, all you need is a piano and a voice. I know this song also has an acoustic and electric guitar, bass, and perhaps one synth thingy playing in the back, but my point still stands: a pure, honest voice with no auto tune singing genuine and relatable lyrics, layered with a minimalist background of soft piano and guitar... Don't get me wrong, I listened to recent top 40 hits and they are so much better than what was popular 9 months or so ago, but songs like these are completely missing, and almost rightfully so, as once again there's just something comforting, say least for me, about listening to a song relatively few know. I also like Coldplay's recent content, however I really do miss songs like this that where it is painfully hard to find any modern day acts that make this style of music anymore. I also do know there are relatively stripped down songs nowadays, however the problem with most of them that get popular is that they're still very overproduced with cleaning up any minor errors, and with putting the vocal way in front of everything (a great example is "Love Yourself", you'll hear what I mean, it almost ruins the song. Had it been less produced without unnecessary sounds in it, it would sound even better...)

Holy, I got so swept up in that I totally forgot what I actually imagine while listening to the song! I will attempt to keep this short...

I imagine one of two things with this song: a chilly winter night out in the country, or being in a nice humid room, having forgotten about the weight of the world and the hustle and bustle of life. I'd like to think these can be brought together, where you're looking from the room out into the country, glad that your not freezing! (Saying this as someone relatively quite resistant to cold does feel a bit weird... Over time, that's what Canada does to ya. :P... Maybe I don't mind it as much because it's all worth it when you get to the warm inside... :P half jk. Sometimes it can be quite refreshing, but in other cases you actually want to be cool for being in a hot place so long... Happened to me a few times) Id like to think this scene comes as a visual representation of the contrast between that synth in the background near the end of the song, which feels rather cold and distant, and the organic warmth of the real piano and guitars. These are usually the way I see organic vs electronic instruments, which is likely why Parachutes feels so warm to me, as compared to Ghost Stories which is cold, distant, smooth, and atmospheric.

The colors I imagine with this song are black and dark red. Nothing too crazy going on here, although it is unique in that no other song gives me those colors.

I know, this has been rather long. Be glad its over now, I sure am, it took a while on mobile. (Kept forgetting some bits on the way too, which got annoying...)

EDIT: Just one more thing, this song also reminds me of Gravity, just warmer as opposed to it which is very cold for me. This song also feels more hopeful, while Gravity makes it feel like your world has came crashing down in highly dramatic fashion... I personally prefer Gravity and once said this song sounded like another inferior version of it. I'd just discovered the song then, and it's grown a lot ever since. I still do think Gravity is better though...

Okay, for real this time:

Birds

• Like 3