✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-05-17] Coldplay to perform at The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Didn't Chris said something about having both singles out at the same time in the US? HFTW for the pop radios and Up and up for the alternative ones .

They are doing a dual release in the US

:blush: I watched the show yesterday at night, and Up & Up was not played.

Today I saw that was on youtube the U&U performance.

Was a good presentation of my boys yesterday. And also I liked the host, is a sweet and nice man!

:blush: I watched the show yesterday at night, and Up & Up was not played.

Today I saw that was on youtube the U&U performance.

Was a good presentation of my boys yesterday. And also I liked the host, is a sweet and nice man!

I believe Up&Up was a web exclusive.

Why so many dislikes on the Up&Up video?:(

Apparently not all Stephen Colbert viewers feel the same way about CP as we do :(

Wow, I thoroughly enjoyed that performance of Up&Up, definitely makes me love that song more :dazzled:

• Like 1

Though I kind of got the sense that Chris thought Jonny was making too many mistakes and started singing the guitar solos. :lol:

Well Chris was freewheeling with his text too!

2'01" : Lying in the canvas, aiming for the moon [emoji1]

• Like 1

God their live performance of HFTW is so embarrassing imo. The song is so produced that is OBVIOUS they aren't playing any of their instruments until the chorus. They need like a backup singing section and some extra instrumentalist to fully flesh the song out. It is just so bad..and I don't even mind the album version that much.

God their live performance of HFTW is so embarrassing imo. The song is so produced that is OBVIOUS they aren't playing any of their instruments until the chorus. They need like a backup singing section and some extra instrumentalist to fully flesh the song out. It is just so bad..and I don't even mind the album version that much.

Agreed but I think it would all be solved if Chris just stayed on the piano the whole time to actually play the piano parts, and if Will sang the "shoot across the sky" bit (instead of that being Chris layered on other Chris's/Beyonce backing track).

• Like 2

God their live performance of HFTW is so embarrassing imo.

The top comment on YouTube puts it nicely:

I like how Chris Martin bothers to play the piano every once in a while, even though it might as well be filled with cotton balls at this point.
  • Like 1

Guest diogo_sg

Up&Up really did sound great here. They did an amazing job with it. HFTW needs some extra work, though.