✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Don't Let It Break Your Heart!

Little Miss Coldplay

Hello [emoji5]

As this wonderful place has a community feel to it, and is a place where you have a different identity to your real life one, in a way, I thought I'd create a place where people can release their emotions. Anything you're holding heavy on your shoulders? Well, "don't let it break your heart" [emoji39]

Ok, I'll start and break the ice. We did a task at university in pairs where one of us was a supportive member of staff in Psychiatry and the other person was a service user suffering from mental health problems. So the person I worked with made up a scenario where the service user's Mum had died. At first I went along with it and explored it further.

After a short while I asked her if it was actually true in real life, because if it was, we could change the topic, and she replied no, her Mum is fine, and smiled. So I carried on but then asked her to change the scenario as it was actually true to real like for me. It's strange how things like activities and tasks in lectures can make things in your life feel more real. I'm alright, but felt sort of in shock, even though my Mum's been gone for almost 5 years x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 10

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great idea for a thread!

This community always feels like you can talk about anything and people are there for each other, that's what I love so much about it :)

I'm sorry your day was kind of hard:/

Sometimes it's really crazy how things that don't directly are related to you personally can still remind you of things about yourself so much and bring back strong negative feelings...

• Like 1

What a wonderful thread idea, @Little Miss Coldplay ! I have a feeling this will be a very useful place for all of us. Thank you so much for creating it ! (Now I'm only worried I will be a regular user on here, hmm :))

I am sorry to hear about your Mum's passing. It's true, no matter how much time has passed, it is a wound that never heals, and the pain can be triggered any time. My mum passed away too, so we are in the same boat my friend. :jbcm:

• Like 5

Guest diogo_sg

Wonderful idea for a thread! I'm sure it will be used a lot by the members here.

PS

I'm so sorry about your mum [emoji22]

What a wonderful thread idea, @Little Miss Coldplay ! I have a feeling this will be a very useful place for all of us. Thank you so much for creating it ! (Now I'm only worried I will be a regular user on here, hmm :))

I am sorry to hear about your Mum's passing. It's true, no matter how much time has passed, it is a wound that never heals, and the pain can be triggered any time. My mum passed away too, so we are in the same boat my friend. :jbcm:

You're welcome for the thread. I'm sorry to hear about your Mum [emoji169] We are indeed in the same boat [emoji8] x

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies and kind words. Don't feel like you have to share your worries. I just thought it may be therapeutic. Fingers crossed it will be a nice way to share emotions x

I don't see it like that. It’s just that there are things that I should let go that I don't even share with my close friends. There have been moments when I wanted to share my thoughts but somehow no one is there to listen to me. I think that's why Talk is the song that gives me strength. So thank you for sharing your worries, you're strong and it's great you have your mom in your heart.

• Like 6

I don't see it like that. It’s just that there are things that I should let go that I don't even share with my close friends. There have been moments when I wanted to share my thoughts but somehow no one is there to listen to me. I think that's why Talk is the song that gives me strength. So thank you for sharing your worries, you're strong and it's great you have your mom in your heart.

I can relate, it's hard having to keep things in because there's no one there to listen.

This thread is a great idea. I think I'd be comfortable to share things with my coldplaying family[emoji4] .

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 5

I can relate, it's hard having to keep things in because there's no one there to listen.

This thread is a great idea. I think I'd be comfortable to share things with my coldplaying family[emoji4] .

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Coldplaying mobile app

True, normally I'm the happy girl who sees the wonderful things around. But, I remember a time when I felt the need to say what was making me feel miserable and I told my friend that I needed to tell her something but she was busy and told me to meet her later. But, that time didn't come. I am not angry with her because it was a stressful period at school and now I can't even remember what was that important thing. I've learned to forget the things that make me feel sad and to learn from them. And above all I've learned to enjoy the wonderful things that I have. I won't change the bad things that have happened in my life and they are kind of part of the past. Moreover, I don't need to bring back memories that won't help me to succeed. I just need to change the things that I can, like keep working hard to make my dreams come true :)

The coldplaying community is a big family and I appreciate we're here to help each other in the difficult times and to make us feel much happier in the amazing days.

• Like 5

^I agree, sometimes I feel like there's no one I could ever tell certain things and it can be hard. But I feel like there are some things I can't even properly put in words and I can't imagine there could be someone I could be comfortable telling.

I feel like my mind often is such a confusing mess that doesn't even make sense to myself so how could I make anyone else understand?

Anyway, I usually see the good things and try to accept myself for being how I am.

I think some things are just not meant to be told to anyone else...

However I feel like it's a lot easier to share deep thoughts or worries in our community. I don't feel like I'm awkward whatsoever here, everyone is just accepted for being who they are :)

• Like 7

There have been moments when I wanted to share my thoughts but somehow no one is there to listen to me.

Feel like that all the time :(

I've learned to forget the things that make me feel sad and to learn from them.

I am having real trouble with that, to be honest. When something happens, even something minor, that is negative in any way (for example an argument, or a disappointment,...), it tends to drag my mood down immediately and have a lasting effect because I cannot easily forget feelings like hurt, anger or disappointment. So a small negativity can ruin my day, but a small happy occurance is not gonna have a huge imact on my overall happiness. That is where the problem lies, I wish I could change these cognition patterns in my head to increase the impact of positive things on my state of mind.

I agree, sometimes I feel like there's no one I could ever tell certain things and it can be hard.....I feel like my mind often is such a confusing mess that doesn't even make sense to myself so how could I make anyone else understand?

I feel the same, there are some thoughts that I wouldn't tell anybody, no matter how close. I tend to think they might be embarassing or might me look like I'm nuts. But actually I believe it is wrong to think the latter, because I think we all have a spark of craziness in our minds just because one has odd thoughts does not mean it is a bad thing. After all, "normality" is just an artificial construct by human society, but the real beauty lies in diversity. Anyway, my mind is usually a mess and I have trouble concentrating. Which is a real trouble because it sometimes happen to me that I ask someone at work about an information, and then my mind wanders off to distant places, and I mechanically reply something like "OK thanks!" and later I realize I did not even hear what the other person was saying, and I have to ask again. So awkward !

• Like 5

Feel like that all the time :(

I am having real trouble with that, to be honest. When something happens, even something minor, that is negative in any way (for example an argument, or a disappointment,...), it tends to drag my mood down immediately and have a lasting effect because I cannot easily forget feelings like hurt, anger or disappointment. So a small negativity can ruin my day, but a small happy occurance is not gonna have a huge imact on my overall happiness. That is where the problem lies, I wish I could change these cognition patterns in my head to increase the impact of positive things on my state of mind.

I feel the same, there are some thoughts that I wouldn't tell anybody, no matter how close. I tend to think they might be embarassing or might me look like I'm nuts. But actually I believe it is wrong to think the latter, because I think we all have a spark of craziness in our minds just because one has odd thoughts does not mean it is a bad thing. After all, "normality" is just an artificial construct by human society, but the real beauty lies in diversity. Anyway, my mind is usually a mess and I have trouble concentrating. Which is a real trouble because it sometimes happen to me that I ask someone at work about an information, and then my mind wanders off to distant places, and I mechanically reply something like "OK thanks!" and later I realize I did not even hear what the other person was saying, and I have to ask again. So awkward !

Talking about looking at the positive side, a teacher helped me without even realizing it. She was talking about letting some things bother you when those aren't your problems at all, so my teacher told us "don't let them affect you". I applied that to my life, I don't let the harmful things enter in my head. They might stuck in my mind for a moment but subsequently I start focusing on the present and the goals I want to reach. The moment I realized I have had wonderful things and that I'm smarter than I thought I started to see life in a different way. That’s when Coldplay entered in my life confirming what I had just learned. Lyrics like "don't let it break your heart" "I rather be a comma than a full stop" "I promise you I will learn from my mistakes" "I know the sun must set to rise" "every chance that you get is a chance you seize" are a clear example of the many challenges we face and how we decide to look at them. Now I know life is wonderful and colorful as Chris says, and I'm trying my best to achieve my dreams. It’s difficult to concentrate on the present when the past has been hard. But the things we have in front of us are more important than our worries which sometimes aren't relevant at all. I hope this makes sense, as you said our heads are a mess and it's not possible to find the right words to express our ideas clearly.

• Like 4

I already mentioned this in another thread, but I think it might be a bit more suited for this one. Thank you again to @I ran away and @guy42 for your kind responses earlier. : )

Anyways, I'm moving away to university in about a month and the anxiety is starting to build. I'm starting from the top of the first page... I know I need to embrace the change, but it's going to be tough at first. :worried:

• Like 2

I already mentioned this in another thread, but I think it might be a bit more suited for this one. Thank you again to @I ran away and @guy42 for your kind responses earlier. : )

Anyways, I'm moving away to university in about a month and the anxiety is starting to build. I'm starting from the top of the first page... I know I need to embrace the change, but it's going to be tough at first. :worried:

Of course it'll be difficult, but at the same time it'll be an amazing adventure. You don't have to worry about it, just enjoy every moment. Some advice I want to share with you:

Be responsible

Be friendly

Take any opportunity to be part of something funny, important for your degree, or unique

Meet new friends

Cry if you miss your family, the first days are going to be hard but you'll get used to it

There's nothing to be afraid of. Life has incredible adventures for you and if something bad ever happens you can count on us but above all you can count on your family, they'll be forever there to help you. Feel proud of this huge step you're about to take, I send you my best wishes :)

• Like 4

Guest diogo_sg

I wish you tons of good luck and hope you succeed and have the best time ever [emoji6]

Have an incredible time at uni! It's a bit of an emotional roller coaster but try to embrace it if you can. Try to remember that everyone starting is in the same boat, as that helped me. If you don't feel like talking a lot then just smile lol as it's nice to just take a step back and just listen to others sometimes. How's the packing going? What will you be studying if you don't mind me asking?x

Sent from my SM-T310 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 2

Hope everything works out great for you! Usually we're just very scared about change but it turns out that it's actually good!

I'm getting a little bit scared about that kind of stuff as well as I'm going to university next year and I'm still not sure if I chose the right thing and if I'll pass the tests to be accepted at the university. And I don't know where I'll go and if I have to move away... [emoji53]

But I'm sure it'll all work out somehow :)

• Like 1

Thank you for the advice and words of encouragement, everyone. You have no idea how much it means to me. :)

Have an incredible time at uni! It's a bit of an emotional roller coaster but try to embrace it if you can. Try to remember that everyone starting is in the same boat, as that helped me. If you don't feel like talking a lot then just smile lol as it's nice to just take a step back and just listen to others sometimes. How's the packing going? What will you be studying if you don't mind me asking?x

Sent from my SM-T310 using Coldplaying mobile app

At the moment I'm just beginning to get everything together like bedding, room decoration, school supplies, etc. I've still got a long way to go haha! I will be studying psychology with the intent to one day get into either counseling or clinical psychology. The world, especially the United States where I live, is in dire need of better mental health services so I want to do my part in bridging the gap (even if it's just a little bit). Plus, the inner workings of the brain/mind are fascinating. :smart:

Hope everything works out great for you! Usually we're just very scared about change but it turns out that it's actually good!

I'm getting a little bit scared about that kind of stuff as well as I'm going to university next year and I'm still not sure if I chose the right thing and if I'll pass the tests to be accepted at the university. And I don't know where I'll go and if I have to move away... [emoji53]

But I'm sure it'll all work out somehow :)

Good luck with whatever path you take. It'll all work out, indeed. :)

• Like 3

Thank you for the advice and words of encouragement, everyone. You have no idea how much it means to me. :)

At the moment I'm just beginning to get everything together like bedding, room decoration, school supplies, etc. I've still got a long way to go haha! I will be studying psychology with the intent to one day get into either counseling or clinical psychology. The world, especially the United States where I live, is in dire need of better mental health services so I want to do my part in bridging the gap (even if it's just a little bit). Plus, the inner workings of the brain/mind are fascinating. :smart:

Good luck with whatever path you take. It'll all work out, indeed. :)

Wooooo, I studied a BSc Joint Honours degree in Psychology and Health Studies! I'm also now studying Mental Health Practice at Postgraduate level at the moment [emoji1] x

• Like 2

Today must be the darkest day of my life. I don't know what to do, I have been going through a breakup but I was always hoping that things might still work out in the end, somehow....but today I find myself having to sort out some belongings, and accusations go back and forth in text messages and every single one hurts. :bigcry: :bigcry:

I have been crying for hours now and I can't calm down, and it just gets worse and worse. I don't know what to do, I wish I would either wake up from this nightmare and everything was alright or I wish I was dead so that I cannot feel anything anymore. It is/was my first relationship and I don't ever want to go through this pain again, so yeah, I wish I had no feelings at all. Life always only hurts, I feel horrible and torn into pieces. :bigcry: