✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Don't Let It Break Your Heart!

Little Miss Coldplay

Oh no,I am really sorry about the loss of your grandpa !

I give you a big virtual hug, stay strong. I don't know if this is useful advice (and I dread the moment when i will have to face it for myself), but try to focus on your grandpa's life and the role he had in your life and the good memories rather than on the loss itself. In the end no matter which way you look at it though, you will miss him terribly and I really don't have any advice for that. Life is short and cruel and we all have to go through these feelings at some points in our lives, I hope time will heal these wounds. :(

Also, it reminded me of this article about someone who lost her grandma: http://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/lovely-article-on-how-coldplay-helped-a-fan-with-the-grieving-process.107536/#post-5839107

Thank you so much for your kind words and beautiful article! :)

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been depressed for about 4 years. Have been sinking deeper into it the past few weeks. Having a lot of bad thoughts.

I'm trying to think positive and am keeping from reacting to seriously to my mental state.

Hi @tov1988,

you already did a good thing by posting in this thread. First of all remember that whatever happens, we Coldplayers are here for you ! There will always be someone to listen and respond here (or via PM, if you need to talk to someone privately feel free to write).

As someone whose "ground state" is often depressed too, i can understand how you feel and i know it is awful. This feeling of being depressed, was there any reason or trigger back when it first crept up 4 yrs ago ? Is it present throughout the seasons or mostly in winter or grey weather ? Can you put it into words what is putting your mood down at the moment? Also, 4 years is a very long time - have you ever sought out medical help ?

Pleasw know that you are not alone and that you are always welcome to share your thoughts with us. I don't know what kind of bad thoughts are haunting you, but please remember that there is always a solution and you don't have to act upon bad thoughts. A big hug from the Coldplaying community for you :hug:

• Like 4

Been depressed for about 4 years. Have been sinking deeper into it the past few weeks. Having a lot of bad thoughts.

I'm trying to think positive and am keeping from reacting to seriously to my mental state.

I kinda knows what it feels like to not see the positive side of things. A couple of years ago I felt frustrated about what I was doing with my life. Everything I was doing was a failure. Thanks God I found the solution to my problems and I overcame it. Coldplay was a very helpful friend their music felt like a warm hug.

You're not alone, we're here to listen to you. Maybe I don't have the best advice to help you for dealing with what you're feeling, but I'm here to listen to and to send you a big hug.

• Like 3

I feel for you,there must be many reasons for your state. May be you want to talk about that because it's hard to say anything without knowing your reasons,but if you don't,I hope you have already seeked for professional help or you would.

Whatever is inside of you,"there's always an answer to anything",as Louis Zamperini said.

I hope you'll find your answers and your way,if you want to talk,you can always do that,PM or public way.

"Believe in miracles",as Coldplay said.

• Like 1

"The hardest part was letting go,not taking part.." That verse helps me somehow to manage the wheel of my life.

I wish you the best!

I too just read this, Kamlii. I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope that you begin seeing your grandfather in little things that happen in every day life. When my dad passed, my mother thought he was behind a string of electrical problems at home. I suddenly had a bird visit my deck rail daily at breakfast. Things like that. This lyric you quoted for @ I Ran Away is fitting for you, but in a bit opposite way. Let go, to a healthy level of coping. But hold on to those memories. And I hope you DO take part in looking for him. he will be there in ways that will be of great comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I too just read this, Kamlii. I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope that you begin seeing your grandfather in little things that happen in every day life. When my dad passed, my mother thought he was behind a string of electrical problems at home. I suddenly had a bird visit my deck rail daily at breakfast. Things like that. This lyric you quoted for @ I Ran Away is fitting for you, but in a bit opposite way. Let go, to a healthy level of coping. But hold on to those memories. And I hope you DO take part in looking for him. he will be there in ways that will be of great comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much,you said it so well. I agree and I can't compare that to a death of a parent. I believe it brought you so much wisdom and strenght. Your experience shows that it's possible to learn and go on. I also feel positive about my grandpa because I believe he still lives in another life.

Thank you again!

• Like 1

Oh no,I am really sorry about the loss of your grandpa !

I give you a big virtual hug, stay strong. I don't know if this is useful advice (and I dread the moment when i will have to face it for myself), but try to focus on your grandpa's life and the role he had in your life and the good memories rather than on the loss itself. In the end no matter which way you look at it though, you will miss him terribly and I really don't have any advice for that. Life is short and cruel and we all have to go through these feelings at some points in our lives, I hope time will heal these wounds. :(

Also, it reminded me of this article about someone who lost her grandma: http://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/lovely-article-on-how-coldplay-helped-a-fan-with-the-grieving-process.107536/#post-5839107

Thank you so much for great words and beautiful article! I just saw that I have answered you but my message didn' t show here. Something must went wrong.

Thank you again,it means a lot to me.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear. It's very hard when someone you love suddenly disappears. But that's just life; we cannot stop it, sadly. Stay strong, Kamili. I send you a big, big hug.

Thank you so much,it means a lot to me.

I have already answered you but my message didn't appear here ;)

That sounds like me a few years ago. :( I'm so glad you decided to mention it because you're part of a big family of Coldplayers who have got your back. Don't give up hope, ok? We are here for you and if you need to talk about anything at all, feel free to PM myself or anyone else in this thread. And have you sought professional help for your depression? I was once depressed enough that I might not even be here now if I hadn't done that. Please don't feel ashamed to do that, ok? Don't ever give up hope that there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Remember this Coldplay lyric: "Nothing's too broken to find a way back."

• Like 3

I don't know whether my posts in this thread could help a bit:

http://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/quotes.105669/page-3

"You are not here by accident or by some coincidence of nature. You are a spiritual being learning lessons of love in this earth school." - Dr. Brain Weiss's website: www.brianweiss.com:angel:

Find persons (family circle, friends, colleagues, teachers) you can talk with, find professionals (psychological conseling, social worker service providers) to gain pratical support on a daily/weekly basis, try to face the reasons... if there is any aparting, be aware of emotional stages you would live/pass through...

There are angels high up above, or your Higher Being within, will assist you if you do need help and guidance; be real and sincere, praying and listening:) listening to healing music, enclose yourself with nature...

Best wishes~

• Like 1

Recently I've been thinking of someone I used to love... thought I had been able to get over this person, but apparently I was wrong. Suddenly all these memories come back to me again and make me feel really sad. I'd wish that I could erase them for good... :(

• Like 3

Recently I've been thinking of someone I used to love... thought I had been able to get over this person, but apparently I was wrong. Suddenly all these memories come back to me again and make me feel really sad. I'd wish that I could erase them for good... :(

I can understand you, but unfortunately I don't really have any advice because i suffer from similar things myself. It is a mystery to me how you can ever truly get over someone who loved. I know that love can turn to hate sometimes, but I have always wondered if it is possible to reach a state of indifference towards someone you once loved. I think not !

I would like to say something like try to focus on the good and positive thoughts, but i know how hard it is. But remember "the sun must set to rise...I know one day, good things are coming our way" ! :)

• Like 6

If you've loved someone recently,then it's normal to think about that person because you're human and not computer,so you can't just erase him/her. Don't judge yourself too much,try to understand yourself and that should help you. It's normal to have feelings for someone for some period,but if that keeps lasting,then you should get rid of that emotions.

Those emotions are like "consequence"of loving someone...you can't avoid it even when it ended.. I think it's better than being cold and indifferent. Just accept that suffering and feeling that broken love has left. Try to learn from that.

Time will also bring you peace and indifference ,just hold on until time passes.

If that lasts for too long,then it's just about your strong decision. I think.

It's about taking control over yourself,your thoughts and emotions. That's hard work but it's possible,just like studying and exercising,doing sports. The same can be done with your mind,habits,emotions.

You are the one who's in charge,not the other person,your past or memories. They are just "spies hide out in every corner,you can't touch them,no..."

Don't touch them,leave them behind you.

You can do that :)

• Like 3

Everybody wants to forget someone after a relationship. The only way to get that state of indifference is to find someone elsemthat makes you forget the one before, but if you force yourself to do it you won't find him/her, so you feel those waves of regret and nostalgia. That's not love anymore, you just want to be happy again, almost everybody wants it.

There's no solution, there aren't kind words to say, that's just how it goes. Show must go on anyway.

The only thing that matters when you think about the past is to have no regrets, if you did your best at that time it means that it was written it was going to end that way.

That's not coldplayish, but the lyrics of The Suburbs (Continued) by Arcade Fire are imho the clearest way to sum it up:

If I could have it back,

All that time that we wasted I'd only waste it again

If I could have it back,

You know I'd love to waste it again

[...] Sometimes I can't believe it, I'm moving past the feeling again

• Like 4

Hi @tov1988,

you already did a good thing by posting in this thread. First of all remember that whatever happens, we Coldplayers are here for you ! There will always be someone to listen and respond here (or via PM, if you need to talk to someone privately feel free to write).

As someone whose "ground state" is often depressed too, i can understand how you feel and i know it is awful. This feeling of being depressed, was there any reason or trigger back when it first crept up 4 yrs ago ? Is it present throughout the seasons or mostly in winter or grey weather ? Can you put it into words what is putting your mood down at the moment? Also, 4 years is a very long time - have you ever sought out medical help ?

Pleasw know that you are not alone and that you are always welcome to share your thoughts with us. I don't know what kind of bad thoughts are haunting you, but please remember that there is always a solution and you don't have to act upon bad thoughts. A big hug from the Coldplaying community for you :hug:

Wow, thanks everyone for the thoughtful and loving responses. I'm sorry I came back late.

I did start seeking psychiatric help in the summer of 2015 but it honestly hasn't improved my lifestyle much. I did meet some good people while in the psychiatric ward/facility and still talk to some of them today. I went there for a failed suicide attempt. I'm fine now though. BTW, not baiting for sympathy. This was just what happened.

I wish I could quote every person that responded to my two sentences but... hopefully you all see this too. I still try to occupy myself with other activities (like music) and talking, instead of letting thoughts build up in my mind.

Reading about your depression... it is not easy to do. I always wish that I could help other people but the best I can do is listen and be there. I'm wishing for the best in your life as well.

• Like 8

If you've loved someone recently,then it's normal to think about that person because you're human and not computer,so you can't just erase him/her. Don't judge yourself too much,try to understand yourself and that should help you. It's normal to have feelings for someone for some period,but if that keeps lasting,then you should get rid of that emotions.

Those emotions are like "consequence"of loving someone...you can't avoid it even when it ended.. I think it's better than being cold and indifferent. Just accept that suffering and feeling that broken love has left. Try to learn from that.

Time will also bring you peace and indifference ,just hold on until time passes.

If that lasts for too long,then it's just about your strong decision. I think.

It's about taking control over yourself,your thoughts and emotions. That's hard work but it's possible,just like studying and exercising,doing sports. The same can be done with your mind,habits,emotions.

You are the one who's in charge,not the other person,your past or memories. They are just "spies hide out in every corner,you can't touch them,no..."

Don't touch them,leave them behind you.

You can do that :)

What a powerful message. That helped me, too. Today, I met a woman at my Physical Therapy office. She was in obvious pain getting out of her car, as am I. I struck a conversation with her and we shared our stories. She is allergic to all pain mess and too alcohol. She'd had a hip replaced twice that had popped out of joint for the third time. She's had foot surgery, back surgery, both shoulders and knees replaced and has pinched nerves in her back. The Dr and her agreed for her to "ignore" (ha, ha!) her back pain for now until they got the hip pain under control. Now THAT is mind over matter. I told her she was my new hero. She showed me a way to block out pain by how you rub your ears in the upper crease with hands on your head and index finger behind your ears, to help hold them. That's all she has to deal with her considerable, ongoing pain. Pain that likely pales in comparison to your emotional pain. It taught me a huge lesson about coping with my many pains. So did your post!

• Like 8

What a powerful message. That helped me, too. Today, I met a woman at my Physical Therapy office. She was in obvious pain getting out of her car, as am I. I struck a conversation with her and we shared our stories. She is allergic to all pain mess and too alcohol. She'd had a hip replaced twice that had popped out of joint for the third time. She's had foot surgery, back surgery, both shoulders and knees replaced and has pinched nerves in her back. The Dr and her agreed for her to "ignore" (ha, ha!) her back pain for now until they got the hip pain under control. Now THAT is mind over matter. I told her she was my new hero. She showed me a way to block out pain by how you rub your ears in the upper crease with hands on your head and index finger behind your ears, to help hold them. That's all she has to deal with her considerable, ongoing pain. Pain that likely pales in comparison to your emotional pain. It taught me a huge lesson about coping with my many pains. So did your post!

Wow,thank you so much. I didn't know about your struggles with pain. That must be hard and I strongly hope you would solve it.

Yeah life is always about learning lessons,no matter what happened. If we don't use people around us,Coldplay songs or everything possible to learn,we don't really make progress.

Coldplay helped to me a lot to find strenght and wisdom,I always find deep and personal meaning in every song and verse. And in their videos sometimes,like yesterday ;)

• Like 3

Now I feel "Rush of blood to the h

You are so wise, Kamili. Clearly you have the ability to get the most meaning out of life and lyrics. I am blown away when I read your posts. They are such gems! Please share the "deep meanings" as you find them.

Now I feel "Rush of blood to the head"...

Thank you,I'm definitely willing to help if I'm able to!

Now I feel "Rush of blood to the h

You are so wise, Kamili. Clearly you have the ability to get the most meaning out of life and lyrics. I am blown away when I read your posts. They are such gems! Please share the "deep meanings" as you find them.

Now I feel "Rush of blood to the head"...

Thank you,I'm definitely willing to help if I'm able to!