✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Don't Let It Break Your Heart!

Little Miss Coldplay

Today must be the darkest day of my life. I don't know what to do, I have been going through a breakup but I was always hoping that things might still work out in the end, somehow....but today I find myself having to sort out some belongings, and accusations go back and forth in text messages and every single one hurts. :bigcry: :bigcry:

I have been crying for hours now and I can't calm down, and it just gets worse and worse. I don't know what to do, I wish I would either wake up from this nightmare and everything was alright or I wish I was dead so that I cannot feel anything anymore. It is/was my first relationship and I don't ever want to go through this pain again, so yeah, I wish I had no feelings at all. Life always only hurts, I feel horrible and torn into pieces. :bigcry:

My dear friend you're gonna make me cry. You're not alone all you need right now is a big hug and I'm sending you a big virtual hug. It'll be difficult to forget him but you're even more special than anything else. It'll be difficult but you'll go through this. I can’t find the right words to express my thoughts about it. All I know is that life is beautiful and as Chris says it's also colorful. Right now you're living the darker ones,but don't let them stay forever in your heart. Remember, You're not alone you might not have someone next to you but the Internet has the opportunity to connect people, talk to your family they'll help you. If there's anything I can do to help you go through this let me know.

• Like 1

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today must be the darkest day of my life. I don't know what to do, I have been going through a breakup but I was always hoping that things might still work out in the end, somehow....but today I find myself having to sort out some belongings, and accusations go back and forth in text messages and every single one hurts. :bigcry: :bigcry:

I have been crying for hours now and I can't calm down, and it just gets worse and worse. I don't know what to do, I wish I would either wake up from this nightmare and everything was alright or I wish I was dead so that I cannot feel anything anymore. It is/was my first relationship and I don't ever want to go through this pain again, so yeah, I wish I had no feelings at all. Life always only hurts, I feel horrible and torn into pieces. :bigcry:

So sad to hear you're passing a tough time :( I can imagine how you're feeling right now... last year I also had my heart broken and I spent so many days crying and crying. In my case I made a mistake because I misunderstood some stuff, the other person didn't make me wrong at all... I felt like I was going crazy or something like that. I blamed myself for everything but I shouldn't have done that. So here's the thing: love stories are complicated. Dealing with other people is really complicated. It's normal that things go wrong sometimes, but don't let this problems make you forget who you are. You are a great human being who deserves to be happy. You deserve to feel good. I know sometimes you'd wish to no have feelings at all (I usually feel like that), but that's no the point of living. Life sucks sometimes, but life can also be wonderful. Remember beautiful things you have and be happy for that. This story may be over, but I'm sure you have other dreams to come true. Focus on them. Eventually everything will be alright. Time heals everything, you'll see... I hope you get better very soon.

• Like 1

I am so sorry to hear that. :cry: Life has a curious way of taking us through cycles. It goes from up to down, good to bad, light to dark. The good news is that when life wanders into darkness, there is still a light at the end of the tunnel... "You know that darkness always turns into light." Life can be cruel, but it can also be beautiful. Everything's Not Lost, @I ran away . There are people that care about you and want the best for you. :) If you need anything at all, myself and a bunch of other wonderful people are here for you, ok? :hug:

• Like 2

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through such a difficult time, that must be so hard. Thinking of you x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 1

I'm so sorry that you're feeling so sad. :sad2:

Like everyone before said, breakups are not easy, no matter what the reason is.

It probably will take some time to get over it, but take your time.

Cry if you want to, let it all out, scream and shout if that makes you better.

And never forget that you are special and after some time you will see that there are things (how small even) that will make you happy again.

And especially: if you want to talk, we're here to listen!

(don't now if my advise would make sense, I'm not good in expressing my feelings in English, but if I even manage to put a little smile upon your face... )

I send you a big big hug from Belgium

• Like 4

Guest diogo_sg

I'm very sorry about that. Breaking up and letting go of someone can be extremely difficult. It may seem like the world is all covered by darkness and that hope is nowhere to be found, but always remember that wonderful, amazing thing are happening all the time. Yes, it's hard to think about the good around us when all we can see is bad and all we can feel is pain, but that doesn't change the fact that there are good things around us. So let's look at those, let's focus on them.

You must be strong; you must never ever give up. Things like this happen all the time; life is crazy and sometimes confuse. But, even though it may not seem like it, there will always something better just around the corner, waiting for you to find it.

Cry, scream, let everything out, all the pain. When you're done, go outside, put a smile upon you're face and witness all the beauty of this world we live in. Think of all the wonderful and special people you'll meet in you're life and don't let you're heart break.

Remember, we will always be here for you, supporting you, giving you strength. Not just us, Coldplayers, but also the band itself. We are your friends and we're here to help you.

Stay strong, @I ran away.

I send you a big, big hug.

I'm very sorry to hear that... Breakups are very difficult, but you have to stay strong, because life continues... I'm in a similar situation and I feel like... "lost" I guess. Don't know how to explain it cause it's not a breakup really.. I send you a big hug

PD: Nice thread @Little Miss Coldplay

• Like 2

I'm so sorry for you to hear that. I hope you'll feel well very soon. Stay strong, I ran away and don't ever give up.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry for you[emoji53]

I know it's hard but always remember that dark times go by and turn into happier days, it's part of life.

And we are all here for you if you need us and you will always have coldplay's music to get you through this.

When you try your best, but you don't succeed

When you get what you want, but not what you need

When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep

Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face

When you lose something you can't replace

When you love someone, but it goes to waste

Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

I will try to fix you

Sending you a big hug from Germany[emoji173]

• Like 2

I already mentioned this in another thread, but I think it might be a bit more suited for this one. Thank you again to @I ran away and @guy42 for your kind responses earlier. : )

Anyways, I'm moving away to university in about a month and the anxiety is starting to build. I'm starting from the top of the first page... I know I need to embrace the change, but it's going to be tough at first. :worried:

What an excited, complicated time that is for you. With it will come a whole range of emotions and new experiences. Kind of "a rush of blood to the heart"! Have faith in yourself. You will do awesome simply by being you. Let yourself explore and learn more about that person along the way. I wish I could go back to my days in college. I'd be less afraid and spend so much less time doubting myself. You never have such a unique chance to grow and shape yourself. So go for it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Oh, my dear friend, I wish I'd found this thread and read this sooner. First loves ending are the hardest. Don't ever question wanting to live without talking to someone about it. We could not bear to even think about losing you! :big cry:(

Please get someone who can listen and be there with you. And let us know how you are. We're here for you!!

• Like 1

IRanAway, a couple other thoughts. It is only by experiencing the pain that you can fully appreciate the good things in life. I'm sure Coldplay had a similar lyric. As example, when I am blessed with a pain-free day, which you know is rare, I will all of a sudden stop in my tracks and say, "Wow, I feel good today." Before all this pain, I would have taken feeling good for granted. It took chronic pain to make me see it as a gift. You will have a day where you look back and realize that a relationship is very good because you have this one to compare it to. And you won't let Mr. Wonderful slip away because you'll let him know how much he's appreciated. That's a lesson many of us learn the hard way. So maybe you were given this experience "as a guide", as in the song, so that you will remember it and avoid a harder lesson. But, as everyone said, go easy on yourself and give yourself time...even if it means throwing something, safely, of course. God will put that smile back on your face.

• Like 1

For everyone posting here, or even just reading this thread, you have the support of a huge community of great people here. When I'm going through a tough time, I try to think of my personal motto, "Breathe". Literally and figuratively, it's the most basic thing you can do to get yourself through. Deep breathing clears your mind and feeds your soul, something to do when you need a little extra calm. And just your everyday breathing keeps you going during the time it takes for the problem to work out. Try to be patient with yourself and the world during those dips in life. It will get better, and you'll come out stronger and wiser on the other end. Love and hugs to you all. [emoji173] [emoji8]

• Like 7

A good advice that I once got from a friend:

when you feel that negativity is getting up to you (like stress), go wash your hands.

Let the water flow over your hands for a while.

This may sound silly but it actually works for me. Done this a lot at work lately and it somehow relaxes me. [emoji4]

• Like 5

Hi all, first of all I wanted to say I'm sorry for my absence and non-responsiveness for a couple of days. I am really sorry that some of you got worried. But somehow I did not have the strength to come back here, it may sound odd but I did not know what to say because my thoughts were a complete mess and bringing it into words even more so. Anyway, I felt like taking some time off from the forum. It's really hard to describe why, and agan

Thank you so much for your kind words (which I did take a sneak peek at during these days from my mobile phone)and for the kind private messages, not all of which I have gotten time to respond to yet. (But I will !)

Anyway, went through some very dark days... [i edited the rest of this long paragraph out now, at the time I wanted to let people know how the story went on but i feel i don't want to archive these details in the depths of the internet, so suffice to say it was a difficult time. Aug 1, 2016]

My dear friend you're gonna make me cry. You're not alone all you need right now is a big hug and I'm sending you a big virtual hug. It'll be difficult to forget him but you're even more special than anything else. It'll be difficult but you'll go through this. I can’t find the right words to express my thoughts about it. All I know is that life is beautiful and as Chris says it's also colorful. Right now you're living the darker ones,but don't let them stay forever in your heart. Remember, You're not alone you might not have someone next to you but the Internet has the opportunity to connect people, talk to your family they'll help you. If there's anything I can do to help you go through this let me know.

Thanks. No I didn't wanna make anyone else cry, it's enough if I am already crying ! I did talk to my family, and it certainly helped me to vocalize my feelings and see things more clearly as well as get some advice and consolation from people who are older and more experienced than me :)

So sad to hear you're passing a tough time :( I can imagine how you're feeling right now... last year I also had my heart broken and I spent so many days crying and crying. In my case I made a mistake because I misunderstood some stuff, the other person didn't make me wrong at all... I felt like I was going crazy or something like that. I blamed myself for everything but I shouldn't have done that. So here's the thing: love stories are complicated. Dealing with other people is really complicated. It's normal that things go wrong sometimes, but don't let this problems make you forget who you are. You are a great human being who deserves to be happy. You deserve to feel good. I know sometimes you'd wish to no have feelings at all (I usually feel like that), but that's no the point of living. Life sucks sometimes, but life can also be wonderful. Remember beautiful things you have and be happy for that. This story may be over, but I'm sure you have other dreams to come true. Focus on them. Eventually everything will be alright. Time heals everything, you'll see... I hope you get better very soon.

Thank you. I feel with you and I gpe you are alright again now. Yes, I have more than once contemplated that living life alone and free of any emotional attachments might be the way to go. Because it seems to me that feelings towards someone always include hurt and pain and deception and disillusionment (I have experienced a friendship breaking already, so....) Yet we humans have the irrational need for each other's company.

I also have the feeling all the time that I could never ever love someone else than the person I love right now, and that if I lost this person I would just stay alone forever because I could never forget this person.

I am so sorry to hear that. :cry:Life has a curious way of taking us through cycles. It goes from up to down, good to bad, light to dark. The good news is that when life wanders into darkness, there is still a light at the end of the tunnel... "You know that darkness always turns into light." Life can be cruel, but it can also be beautiful. Everything's Not Lost, @I ran away . There are people that care about you and want the best for you. :)If you need anything at all, myself and a bunch of other wonderful people are here for you, ok? :hug:

Thank you ! This community is indeed very helpful and supportive. We all know that darkness always turns into light, but it is so hard to see it when you are in the middle of the tunnel. I wish there was something like absolute bliss or happiness, but I know that would be ephemeral too.

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through such a difficult time, that must be so hard. Thinking of you x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

Thanks ! Much appreciated.

I'm so sorry that you're feeling so sad. :sad2:

Like everyone before said, breakups are not easy, no matter what the reason is.

It probably will take some time to get over it, but take your time.

Cry if you want to, let it all out, scream and shout if that makes you better.

And never forget that you are special and after some time you will see that there are things (how small even) that will make you happy again.

And especially: if you want to talk, we're here to listen!

(don't now if my advise would make sense, I'm not good in expressing my feelings in English, but if I even manage to put a little smile upon your face... )

I send you a big big hug from Belgium

Thanks ! Yes, you put a smile upon my face :) It is lovely to see how supportive this community is.

I'm very sorry about that. Breaking up and letting go of someone can be extremely difficult. It may seem like the world is all covered by darkness and that hope is nowhere to be found, but always remember that wonderful, amazing thing are happening all the time. Yes, it's hard to think about the good around us when all we can see is bad and all we can feel is pain, but that doesn't change the fact that there are good things around us. So let's look at those, let's focus on them.

You must be strong; you must never ever give up. Things like this happen all the time; life is crazy and sometimes confuse. But, even though it may not seem like it, there will always something better just around the corner, waiting for you to find it.

Cry, scream, let everything out, all the pain. When you're done, go outside, put a smile upon you're face and witness all the beauty of this world we live in. Think of all the wonderful and special people you'll meet in you're life and don't let you're heart break.

Remember, we will always be here for you, supporting you, giving you strength. Not just us, Coldplayers, but also the band itself. We are your friends and we're here to help you.

Stay strong, @I ran away.

I send you a big, big hug.

Thank you very much for your comment. What you say is so true, just most of the time it is hard to live according to this; we need to actively remind ourselves all the time.

But I've been thinking something similar recently too; all this time I have been waiting (and so are many of us) to get lucky/become happy/ find luck/find happiness. But what if happiness/luck is not something you can find on the outside, but a state of mind that is hidden inside everyone of us and it is our choice to access this resource or not.

For example, I often get angry for nothing and let my day get spoiled by a delayed train or a rude vendor or something. But I am currently trying to change myself, and I have been thinking about focussing more on spreading good sentiments instead of negative ones ("gotta spread love around, gotta spread it around..."). I know it sounds cheesy, but recently I have started wishing I could live my life putting smiles on other people's faces, which in turn will put a smile upon my face too. Small acts of kindness can go a long, long way.

I'm so sorry for you to hear that. I hope you'll feel well very soon. Stay strong, I ran away and don't ever give up.

Thanks ! Again, much appreciated.

I'm so sorry for you[emoji53]

I know it's hard but always remember that dark times go by and turn into happier days, it's part of life.

And we are all here for you if you need us and you will always have coldplay's music to get you through this.

When you try your best, but you don't succeed

When you get what you want, but not what you need

When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep

Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face

When you lose something you can't replace

When you love someone, but it goes to waste

Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

I will try to fix you

Sending you a big hug from Germany[emoji173]

Thanks ! That last sentence makes me wish I was home...not because I don't like living in other countries (I love it !) but in difficult times it is always easier if you are close to your family and friends.

I'm very sorry to hear that... Breakups are very difficult, but you have to stay strong, because life continues... I'm in a similar situation and I feel like... "lost" I guess. Don't know how to explain it cause it's not a breakup really.. I send you a big hug

PD: Nice thread @Little Miss Coldplay

[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Thanks for your sympathy. Oh my friend, these emoticons speak for themselves. I wish I could give you some advice but like I wrote above, i did not go all the way through a breakup so I don't know how you can overcome it. But if you need someone to talk to, feel free to post your feelings here or write me a PM anytime you feel like it. Hugs !

Oh, my dear friend, I wish I'd found this thread and read this sooner. First loves ending are the hardest. Don't ever question wanting to live without talking to someone about it. We could not bear to even think about losing you! :big cry:(

Please get someone who can listen and be there with you. And let us know how you are. We're here for you!!

IRanAway, a couple other thoughts. It is only by experiencing the pain that you can fully appreciate the good things in life. I'm sure Coldplay had a similar lyric. As example, when I am blessed with a pain-free day, which you know is rare, I will all of a sudden stop in my tracks and say, "Wow, I feel good today." Before all this pain, I would have taken feeling good for granted. It took chronic pain to make me see it as a gift. You will have a day where you look back and realize that a relationship is very good because you have this one to compare it to. And you won't let Mr. Wonderful slip away because you'll let him know how much he's appreciated. That's a lesson many of us learn the hard way. So maybe you were given this experience "as a guide", as in the song, so that you will remember it and avoid a harder lesson. But, as everyone said, go easy on yourself and give yourself time...even if it means throwing something, safely, of course. God will put that smile back on your face.

Thank you, @iamsue ! What you write about having to go through bad times to appreciate the good is a very sad thought but also very true. Or if you say that bad experiences/feelings have the same merit as good ones, like The Guesthouse says.

At the moment the problem is that I could not imagine ever being in a relationship with anyone else but this person. I don't understand how it would ever be possible to "get over" someone. I'm just a person having a hard time letting go, and funnily enough this includes unimportant things like notes I no longer need or shop receipts from places I have travelled to ! (Don't laugh at me, I know, I know...) I just cannot let go of things or of people I care about and like i wrote at the beginning of this post, I could not let this relationship go even though i know the chances that we are going to make it in a long run are slim. I still hope that by some miracle things will fall into place, eventually..... :-/

A good advice that I once got from a friend:

when you feel that negativity is getting up to you (like stress), go wash your hands.

Let the water flow over your hands for a while.

This may sound silly but it actually works for me. Done this a lot at work lately and it somehow relaxes me. [emoji4]

Good advice, I'll have to try this out. And you know what this reminded me of ?

Oh, the water, the water, flows over.

I say, oh, the water, the water, flows over you.

(From "Solid Ground", an unreleased song from the Viva Era which is very calm and soothing)

Oh wow, going through these posts has made me emotional again now :(

Sorry for the long post ! Please don't feel compelled to read it if you don't have the time.

• Like 10

Thanks for your sympathy. Oh my friend, these emoticons speak for themselves. I wish I could give you some advice but like I wrote above, i did not go all the way through a breakup so I don't know how you can overcome it. But if you need someone to talk to, feel free to post your feelings here or write me a PM anytime you feel like it. Hugs !

Thank you for your words and welcome back! I'm getting over it as I realised it wasn't what I thought it was

• Like 1

*reads every post intently*

giphy.gif

I think Chris Martn would really approve of this thread and sprinkle love buttons all over you guys :wacky:

I don't know if my post fits into this thread because I'm kinda at the opposite of emotional most of the time :wacko:

Feel like that all the time :(

I am having real trouble with that, to be honest. When something happens, even something minor, that is negative in any way (for example an argument, or a disappointment,...), it tends to drag my mood down immediately and have a lasting effect because I cannot easily forget feelings like hurt, anger or disappointment. So a small negativity can ruin my day, but a small happy occurance is not gonna have a huge imact on my overall happiness. That is where the problem lies, I wish I could change these cognition patterns in my head to increase the impact of positive things on my state of mind.

I can relate, this is annoying as hell.

Do you know that feeling that you think of yourself as a very shitty version of something better you could have been, then force yourself to stop wallowing in self-pity because it's pathetic, only to realise you feel stupid about even thinking thinks like that and in the end you just sit there and feel indifferent about everything?

I have episodes where I don't care about anything at all, like if I would lose a leg in an accident, or if my pets died, even if some of my relatives died I'd be just like "well that's life, whatever". And then the next day I'm very shocked about this and really despise myself for being like that. Over the past couple of years my grandpa died, my cousin killed himself and left a family behind and a close friend of my parents died after a bad surgery. And I felt next to nothing. It was just like "Oh. Okay. So I don't have a cousin anymore? Hm. Yeah okay, alright."

And then the general indifference comes back. I try to appreciate life and every moment that's special but it's just like, there's this thick grey fog around me of repetition and uselessness. And moments of nihilism where everything seems like it has been done before and we're all just absolutely pointless.

I'm not telling this to anyone in real life because everytime I'm about to my brain goes: "My God get over yourself you miserable ass" and I'm like "Yup okay, alright, just make sure to be extra nice and happy to everyone today and don't let your misery shine through".

I've been feeling like this for I think 8 years now and I think I'll just live with it.

Right now I even feel specifically stupid for writing in here to be honest. Maybe I'm gonna delete this post later, I don't know.

• Like 3

But I've been thinking something similar recently too; all this time I have been waiting (and so are many of us) to get lucky/become happy/ find luck/find happiness. But what if happiness/luck is not something you can find on the outside, but a state of mind that is hidden inside everyone of us and it is our choice to access this resource or not.

For example, I often get angry for nothing and let my day get spoiled by a delayed train or a rude vendor or something. But I am currently trying to change myself, and I have been thinking about focussing more on spreading good sentiments instead of negative ones ("gotta spread love around, gotta spread it around..."). I know it sounds cheesy, but recently I have started wishing I could live my life putting smiles on other people's faces, which in turn will put a smile upon my face too. Small acts of kindness can go a long, long way.

I feel that way as well. Over time I have learned to appreciate little things more and more. I used to think that someday something great will happen, whatever kind of big wishes I had at that time, and then my life would be great and what I'd expect it to be, being happy, whatever.

But I'm starting to learn that happiness is not about what happens to you but about the way you see it. I've also become more of an optimist by that. Sometimes I'm just in some beautiful place in nature and I just get really really happy for no apperant reason and I feel kind of stupid for it but the truth is that what makes life great.

It doesn't have to be the same for everyone. If I'd rather be at a beautiful place than get drunk or party like other people my age that's OK.

And that's another important thing I learned about happiness, no one is flawless even if it might seem like that sometimes. You can always find negative things about yourself and get stuck up in trying to change things you can't change, or you can appreciate what's great about yourself. In the end you will never be happy if you always hate yourself for something.

And I also agree with that thing you wrote about making others happy, I realised that it makes me so incredibly happy when I know I did something that made someone else happy. I'm always trying to, but sometimes I just don't know which way to help or I don't want to end up seeming stupid.

Sorry for my long post by the way, I just love writing my thoughts down and this place is perfect:D

• Like 4

giphy.gif

I think Chris Martn would really approve of this thread and sprinkle love buttons all over you guys :wacky:

I don't know if my post fits into this thread because I'm kinda at the opposite of emotional most of the time :wacko:

Do you know that feeling that you think of yourself as a very shitty version of something better you could have been, then force yourself to stop wallowing in self-pity because it's pathetic, only to realise you feel stupid about even thinking thinks like that and in the end you just sit there and feel indifferent about everything?

I have episodes where I don't care about anything at all, like if I would lose a leg in an accident, or if my pets died, even if some of my relatives died I'd be just like "well that's life, whatever". And then the next day I'm very shocked about this and really despise myself for being like that. Over the past couple of years my grandpa died, my cousin killed himself and left a family behind and a close friend of my parents died after a bad surgery. And I felt next to nothing. It was just like "Oh. Okay. So I don't have a cousin anymore? Hm. Yeah okay, alright."

And then the general indifference comes back. I try to appreciate life and every moment that's special but it's just like, there's this thick grey fog around me of repetition and uselessness. And moments of nihilism where everything seems like it has been done before and we're all just absolutely pointless.

I'm not telling this to anyone in real life because everytime I'm about to my brain goes: "My God get over yourself you miserable ass" and I'm like "Yup okay, alright, just make sure to be extra nice and happy to everyone today and don't let your misery shine through".

I've been feeling like this for I think 8 years now and I think I'll just live with it.

Right now I even feel specifically stupid for writing in here to be honest. Maybe I'm gonna delete this post later, I don't know.

Don't feel like you have to delete your post, this place is meant for sharing your feelings.

It's OK if that's how you feel, it doesn't make you a bad person or whatever. I sometimes wish I was less emotional about things.

Sometimes I can't explain to myself why I react the way I do to certain things and I feel really stupid for it.

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg

I'm glad you're feeling better @I ran away and I'm sorry if things don't work out the way you'd like. But, you know, that's life: nothing is certain; nothing is granted. We just have to embrace and hold on to the good things and learn from those that aren't so good.

Looking at life with positivity, being kind and gentle, loving... That's what we should do, I think. That's how I'm trying to live, at least.

Like @Little Miss Coldplay said, it's ok not to be ok. But it's our job to overcome what's dark within us and let the good in again.

Love. Believe in It.

giphy.gif

I can relate to some things you share. I've decided to see life as something beautiful, to treasure the great memories and to forget the bad ones. But, sometimes I feel like you when I keep my problems to my own and go around thinking "don't let anyone see you have problems, show how happy you are". This happens to me recently when talking to my friends I hadn't seen in a long time. It was a wonderful day but when they mentioned something that brought back that moment that hurts I was like "yeah everything's fine"

With this I'm trying to say we're not the only ones going through a harmful stage. We all have a moment in our lives when we feel like we need to show we're strong or people will try to take advantage of our weaknesses (or at least that's what I believe would happen)

But, I have the belief that one day I'll be able to say the people I love the way I feel and the way I see life to overcome my fears. I hope you don't feel like that anymore, that you start to express how you feel to your loved ones. Or maybe you can find a way to show them you do care about what's happening around you, maybe not in the way people "normally" do, but in your own way. Hope this helps you a little bit :)

• Like 4

I can relate to some things you share. I've decided to see life as something beautiful, to treasure the great memories and to forget the bad ones. But, sometimes I feel like you when I keep my problems to my own and go around thinking "don't let anyone see you have problems, show how happy you are". This happens to me recently when talking to my friends I hadn't seen in a long time. It was a wonderful day but when they mentioned something that brought back that moment that hurts I was like "yeah everything's fine"

With this I'm trying to say we're not the only ones going through a harmful stage. We all have a moment in our lives when we feel like we need to show we're strong or people will try to take advantage of our weaknesses (or at least that's what I believe would happen)

But, I have the belief that one day I'll be able to say the people I love the way I feel and the way I see life to overcome my fears. I hope you don't feel like that anymore, that you start to express how you feel to your loved ones. Or maybe you can find a way to show them you do care about what's happening around you, maybe not in the way people "normally" do, but in your own way. Hope this helps you a little bit :)

Hey thanks for the heartfelt message.

I try, too, to see life as something beautiful. And that I should be greatful. But when I try to insert a thought or worldview like this into my head it seems like an empy message, a lie even. It's like I would try to force myself to feel happy, and that just doesn't work. Of course there are moments of joy in between (like visiting a concert or so) but after that it's just back to emotional numbness.

Of course we're not alone, but I don't really think we can't help each other either because we don't care enough for other people. We could just be miserable together hahaha!

Thank goodness I do care about closer friends, but once we stop talking for a certain amount of time they're dead to me :uhoh: And that's what I find very concerning. I just don't care at all about them anymore. And now one of a very close family member of mine kind of seperates themselves from me and it's happening again :bomb:

• Like 1