✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Don't Let It Break Your Heart!

Little Miss Coldplay

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel so sorry about your family situation :( I know that feeling alone and having nobody to talk to is a horrible situation. First of all, you should know that you can always talk to us in this thread or via PM if you have any worries.

There is one piece of advice that I did want to share with you: About your financial situation and going to university or not. You said you want to accomplish something in your life. I don't know what you feel passionate about (and it is ok if you don't know yet, you will find out with time) but i would strongly advise you to pursue higher education in any way. Yes, there are pretty high tuition fees in the UK, but if you can somehow make it happen, via a loan or maybe even a scholarship, go for it. University degrees are the key to better-paying jobs, and landing a well-paid job will help you to break out of that vicious circle of financial and existential worried and give you the freedom to pursue your interests and, as you said, accomplish something meaningful to you. Having a higher education degree also means having some kind of security in case of unexpected turns in life, or in case something does not work out. Just think of it, even some of the most talented rock musicians of our times first carefully completed their university degrees before launching their career instead of dropping out and pursuing only their band career, and this was an extremely smart move on their part because if their music career had not taken off (which happens to many, many young bands), they would still have had something to fall back upon. (Their names were Mr William Champion, Mr Jonathan Buckland and Mr Christopher Anthony John Martin, I believe ;))

On another note, have you ever considered studying abroad in a European country with low tuition fees (like Germany) ?

This is an amazing piece of advice :thumbsup:.

I have actually been thinking about studying somewhere in Europe, studying here in the UK would leave me in debt. I'm not sure where yet, but I have time to think about it as I probably wont go straight into university from college.

• Like 1

This is an amazing piece of advice :thumbsup:.

I have actually been thinking about studying somewhere in Europe, studying here in the UK would leave me in debt. I'm not sure where yet, but I have time to think about it as I probably wont go straight into university from college.

And that's okay too (not going straight into university. By the way, what's the difference between college and university there? Yes, @I ran away did give you great, heartfelt advice. She is so right. But it's fine to take time to figure out what you want to do and study. Sometimes that really helps you excel at it because you know that you are pursuing your passion. My sister did not go straight to university. It was the right decision for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

And that's okay too (not going straight into university. By the way, what's the difference between college and university there? Yes, @I ran away did give you great, heartfelt advice. She is so right. But it's fine to take time to figure out what you want to do and study. Sometimes that really helps you excel at it because you know that you are pursuing your passion. My sister did not go straight to university. It was the right decision for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here, Colleges are sorta for qualifications lower than Degrees like A-Levels and BTECs. The qualifications you get from College are what get you into University. Thankfully college here is free for under 18s:dance: and usually lasts two years.

I'll leave university till about 4 or 5 years after leaving college in order to save money, join the army and learn more about myself.

• Like 4

Here, Colleges are sorta for qualifications lower than Degrees like A-Levels and BTECs. The qualifications you get from College are what get you into University. Thankfully college here is free for under 18s:dance: and usually lasts two years.

I'll leave university till about 4 or 5 years after leaving college in order to save money, join the army and learn more about myself.

Ok, so it is like our Community Colleges in the U.S. Thanx!

P.s., You are a great writer! Thought about using that in a career? Maybe keep a journal about your adventures in discovering yourself. You could write an article about it and help other young people think of ways to find themselves.

Ok, so it is like our Community Colleges in the U.S. Thanx!

P.s., You are a great writer! Thought about using that in a career? Maybe keep a journal about your adventures in discovering yourself. You could write an article about it and help other young people think of ways to find themselves.

What? Me, a good writer?

The last time I was told that, I was in secondary school when we had to write poems for our homework[emoji28].

Since then I haven't really done much writing and I've considered myself a crappy writer because I often struggle to find the right words to express myself.

But thank you for that[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 1

I've just discovered this topic so I'll join later. My grandpa passed away yesterday so it was emotional.

I was thinking about all those who have lost their parents at early age and I know that happened to some Coldplay fans.

It must be devastating so that helped me a lot.

I've just discovered this topic so I'll join later. My grandpa passed away yesterday so it was emotional.

I was thinking about all those who have lost their parents at early age and I know that happened to some Coldplay fans.

Hi, @Kamili . I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. :( I lost my grandmother almost 5 years ago and that was really devastating so trust me, I've been in that dark place. :( I hope this topic helps you because no matter what you bring to the table, there is a group of fellow Coldplayers here to listen and help you through the dark times in your life.

• Like 2

Hi, @Kamili . I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. :( I lost my grandmother almost 5 years ago and that was really devastating so trust me, I've been in that dark place. :( I hope this topic helps you because no matter what you bring to the table, there is a group of fellow Coldplayers here to listen and help you through the dark times in your life.

Thank you so much! I believe "Death will never conquer" so it brings me hope. The funeral is today so I must get prepared for emotions. I hope you have settled your emotions and live in peace because of your grandma.

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg

I'm so sorry to hear. It's very hard when someone you love suddenly disappears. But that's just life; we cannot stop it, sadly. Stay strong, Kamili. I send you a big, big hug.

I'm so sorry about your loss. Stay strong. The great memories will be forever with you. I'll send you a big hug.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear that:/ I hope coldplay will help you through the hard times and remember we're always here if you want to talk.

• Like 2

Today must be the darkest day of my life. I don't know what to do, I have been going through a breakup but I was always hoping that things might still work out in the end, somehow....but today I find myself having to sort out some belongings, and accusations go back and forth in text messages and every single one hurts. :bigcry: :bigcry:

I have been crying for hours now and I can't calm down, and it just gets worse and worse. I don't know what to do, I wish I would either wake up from this nightmare and everything was alright or I wish I was dead so that I cannot feel anything anymore. It is/was my first relationship and I don't ever want to go through this pain again, so yeah, I wish I had no feelings at all. Life always only hurts, I feel horrible and torn into pieces. :bigcry:

I've just read it. I am really sorry and I hope you've been feeling better lately. Try to use those feelings for good and to learn about them. That brakeup should be some lesson for you.

What did you learn about yourself, what should you change and what do you actually want? That's what I ask myself and it helps.

"The hardest part was letting go,not taking part.." That verse helps me somehow to manage the wheel of my life.

I wish you the best!

• Like 4

I already mentioned this in another thread, but I think it might be a bit more suited for this one. Thank you again to @I ran away and @guy42 for your kind responses earlier. : )

Anyways, I'm moving away to university in about a month and the anxiety is starting to build. I'm starting from the top of the first page... I know I need to embrace the change, but it's going to be tough at first. :worried:

I've been through the same 10 years ago,but memories are still fresh.

The anxiety and fear is so present inside you I know that. Every new student will feel the same,just look at each person and imagine that you all feel pretty much the same. And live that fear and anxiety for a moment,let it pass through you.

I've been feeling the same whole summer before moving from home to university and when I came there I felt horrible for like 10 days. That last day I woke up and told to myself:" That's enough,I'm stopping immediately! This is my home now and here I will LIVE. I decide to be happy here."

With those words I broke that period of anxiety and I really started living and enjoying. Life on a student campus and 5 years of university were so deliberating for me and determined who I am now.

I believe the same will happen to you!

"Life is for living" :)

• Like 2

So sorry to hear that. I lost my dear granny last month and I know it's really hard, but you must try to find light somewhere. In my case Coldplay songs gave me a lot of strength in those dark times. Besides coming to Coldplaying to share my feelings helped me a lot to pass through this. Find activities that make you think of other stuff, maybe in this way you can heal the pain... eventually you will feel better, you'll see. Send you a big hug.

• Like 1

Oh no,I am really sorry about the loss of your grandpa !

I give you a big virtual hug, stay strong. I don't know if this is useful advice (and I dread the moment when i will have to face it for myself), but try to focus on your grandpa's life and the role he had in your life and the good memories rather than on the loss itself. In the end no matter which way you look at it though, you will miss him terribly and I really don't have any advice for that. Life is short and cruel and we all have to go through these feelings at some points in our lives, I hope time will heal these wounds. :(

Also, it reminded me of this article about someone who lost her grandma: http://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/lovely-article-on-how-coldplay-helped-a-fan-with-the-grieving-process.107536/#post-5839107

• Like 1

So sorry to hear that. I lost my dear granny last month and I know it's really hard, but you must try to find light somewhere. In my case Coldplay songs gave me a lot of strength in those dark times. Besides coming to Coldplaying to share my feelings helped me a lot to pass through this. Find activities that make you think of other stuff, maybe in this way you can heal the pain... eventually you will feel better, you'll see. Send you a big hug.

I'll do that,thank you very much!