✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The "A Star Full Of Love" Project

flockofbirds222

Don't know if this is any help. I've just made a star ( weird, as I faced my pentagon and couldn't remember how to fold it !) then I wrote 'OPEN ME' on the 5 small exterior triangles, opened it up again to mark where they were, then wrote inside & re-folded it, just to make sure those words remained hidden.

The original Coldplay sheet of instructions were not very clear at one stage and I found a simple, word-free tutorial on You Tube which revealed the 'magic' of making these stars.

• Like 3

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if this is any help. I've just made a star ( weird, as I faced my pentagon and couldn't remember how to fold it !) then I wrote 'OPEN ME' on the 5 small exterior triangles, opened it up again to mark where they were, then wrote inside & re-folded it, just to make sure those words remained hidden.

The original Coldplay sheet of instructions were not very clear at one stage and I found a simple, word-free tutorial on You Tube which revealed the 'magic' of making these stars.

I think this will be very helpful, thank you!

I'll try to create a template with the "Open Me" and then we can also add the message in it!

• Like 2

"Believe in Love" & "Don't Ever Give Up".... lyric ideas for consideration.

Obvious, but there will be many more from older songs.

I thought of adding the last few lines of Up&Up as well cause they pretty much represent the message of coldplay.

Also, do we want to have the same message in every star and only different lyrics on the other side or use different messages?

I love all your ideas! Especially the last oneemoji1.pngemoji1.png

It would be really cool if we could add loVe buttons inside the stars but that'd be kind of expensive...

Adding LOVE buttons is a lovely idea - yes, impossible 'cos of cost, but as I found several on the floor after AHFOD concerts, I don't think they're valued by everyone as they are by us.

Here's the link I used 2 years ago to learn how to make the stars "

"

It's silent so doesn't have any language issues for all our international friends.

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
I love all your ideas! Especially the last one[emoji1][emoji1]

It would be really cool if we could add loVe buttons inside the stars but that'd be kind of expensive...

But maybe we could add that #PauseAndLove hashtag!

I like the idea with the lyrics in both languages but I'm not sure if there's enough space for that...

I think we should start collecting different messages and song lyrics that should be used so we can vote on which should be included in the templates!

Thank you so much!! Haha :D

Yes, it would be very expensive. But it's a good idea if we use their hashtag. Maybe that will make them notice this project and hopefully support it!

About the space: that's why I think we should choose shorter verses, instead of including very long ones (or simply write less of them on each star). It's just because not everyone knows English and our goal is to reach everybody.

Yes, that's a good idea!

Thank you!! It's very helpful indeed and it's a wonderful idea!!

I thought of adding the last few lines of Up&Up as well cause they pretty much represent the message of coldplay.

Also, do we want to have the same message in every star and only different lyrics on the other side or use different messages?

Agreed. They sum up their message very well.

I think we could do various messages and lyrics (on the default designs); only the hashtags would remain the same.

Guest diogo_sg

By the way, I tried to do a star this morning and it turned out terribly bad. I really need to practise...

The funny thing is, I have already done many of them and they're all (kind of) good, so I don't know what's going on.

By the way, I tried to do a star this morning and it turned out terribly bad. I really need to practise...

The funny thing is, I have already done many of them and they're all (kind of) good, so I don't know what's going on.

The first time I made a star, I almost started to cry.

I think it's all about the practice.

I'm sure you're going to remember how it works.

Btw I love the idea of using our mother languages and different messages.

• Like 1

Thank you!

I'm not sure if all the lines arent a bit confusing at the beginning... Maybe we should rather add a link to a video tutorial.

I thought of the video link as well.

But I thought we could use the lines to compare whether the creases are right.

Does the "open me" stay permanently on the template?

Because I think we should change it into the mother language of the respective country.

• Like 3

I thought of the video link as well.

But I thought we could use the lines to compare whether the creases are right.

Does the "open me" stay permanently on the template?

Because I think we should change it into the mother language of the respective country.

I originally planned to leave it like that but it would also be a good idea to translate it. The only problem is that we would have to do it in MANY languages if we want to spread it on social media.

But maybe we could leave it out for people to add themselves.

• Like 1

I was thinking about the message we should include and I think it should be short and concise. Short messages are more meaningful and will reach more people. I have an idea, hope you like it

"Life has a beautiful crazy design

La Vida tiene un diseño loco y hermoso

# name of the project

#pauseandlove

Visit:

@ twitter profile of the project "

On the twitter profile we can include all the information we want people to know about the project, like the download link for the template, the purpose of the project, links to other organisations. This gave me the idea to make a Facebook account because there we can add much more information than on a twitter account.

Hope this helps

• Like 3

Guest diogo_sg
I originally planned to leave it like that but it would also be a good idea to translate it. The only problem is that we would have to do it in MANY languages if we want to spread it on social media.

But maybe we could leave it out for people to add themselves.

I think we could have the blank design and then several designs in English only with a blank space where people could write the things in their own language.

I was thinking about the message we should include and I think it should be short and concise. Short messages are more meaningful and will reach more people. I have an idea, hope you like it

# name of the project

#pauseandlove

Visit:

On the twitter profile we can include all the information we want people to know about the project, like the download link for the template, the purpose of the project, links to other organisations. This gave me the idea to make a Facebook account because there we can add much more information than on a twitter account.

Hope this helps

I agree with you. Short messages do tend to reach more people. We could put the lyrics on one side and the messages + hashtags on the other (like I said in my previous post).

And I like your idea of creating a Facebook account. It's a very used social network and we can add lots of info there.

# name of the project

#pauseandlove

Visit:

Hope this helps

That's a nice idea, I really like it!

I was planning on making the instructions available on social media as well. For twitter we could post them in a picture.

It would be really great if someone could make a Facebook account because I have zero experience with it.

I could make the twitter and maybe instagram account.

I think we should have an instagram as well cause it seems to be really important to people nowadays.

We should use the same @ everywhere so people can find us where they want!

We can also add a step by step instruction on what exactly to write on the stars.

Guest diogo_sg
That's a nice idea, I really like it!

I was planning on making the instructions available on social media as well. For twitter we could post them in a picture.

It would be really great if someone could make a Facebook account because I have zero experience with it.

I could make the twitter and maybe instagram account.

I think we should have an instagram as well cause it seems to be really important to people nowadays.

We should use the same @ everywhere so people can find us where they want!

We can also add a step by step instruction on what exactly to write on the stars.

I can make the facebook account :)

And yeah, I agree: same @.

I just thought, maybe we should only translate the message not the song lyrics on the outside. People will recognize it as song lyrics and if they want to know more they can Google it. What do you think?

Well, I honestly think the lyrics should be translated. I mean, imagine if a person who doesn't know English nor has a computer founds one of the stars. That person wouldn't understand what was written on it and our message wouldn't reach her. At least here in my town, we have a rather large amount of people (mostly old people) who are in such a situation and I would like them to be able to recieve this messages.

i love this design with the "Open Me" part! this is coming together so quickly, even if there are many things for us to figure out still :P

for lyrics, maybe this from Don't Panic: "Everybody here's got somebody to lean on" :wacky:

• Like 3

I can make the facebook account :)

And yeah, I agree: same @.

Well, I honestly think the lyrics should be translated. I mean, imagine if a person who doesn't know English nor has a computer founds one of the stars. That person wouldn't understand what was written on it and our message wouldn't reach her. At least here in my town, we have a rather large amount of people (mostly old people) who are in such a situation and I would like them to be able to recieve this messages.

Awesome, thank you!

What about @ASFOLProject? That shouldn't be too long, we can check if it's still available everywhere. But we still have some time for that anyway:)

I didn't think of that you're right. It's better to translate everything to make sure everyone understands it[emoji4]

i love this design with the "Open Me" part! this is coming together so quickly, even if there are many things for us to figure out still[emoji14]

for lyrics, maybe this from Don't Panic: "Everybody here's got somebody to lean on" :wacky:

That's a great idea, I'll start making a list with the lyrics and messages everyone suggests!

• Like 2