✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Head Full Of Dreams is underrated or not?

I think now that the hype is certainly over we can give a proper opinion for the album. What songs changed your opinion about it? What songs you start to like or dislike? How is your Coldplay LP ranking now?

The reason I started the topic with this title is because I think AHFOD is a pretty good album for this current radio friendly Coldplay. Not just pretty good, I think is their best LP since Viva. This doenst mean that I think the album is flawless or one of their best efforts, bla bla bla. This means more of how much I dislike Ghost Stories and Mylo Xyloto as an album. I know this is probably the most unpopular opinon here. People seems to hate this album haha. But I want to find the fewer ones that aggree with me.

My current ranking is:

1# AROBTH

2# X&Y ( I appreciate way more now than I used to)

3#Parachutes

4# VLVODAAHF

5# A Head Full Of Dreams

6# Mylo Xyloto

7# Ghost Stories

Best song of the album for you: Up&Up

Worst song: XMTS

Song that you like way more now: Everglow

Song that you like a little less now: AOL

That's it guys. Sorry for my lame english skills. Have a nice day.

Enviado de meu MotoG3 usando Tapatalk

More than a year after it came out, I have to say AHFOD still ranks as my least favorite Coldplay release ever.

Ranking:

1. AROBTTH and X&Y

2. Parachutes

3. VLVODAAHF

4. MX

5. GS

6. AHFOD

Best song of the album for me: Fun

Song that I like more now: Amazing Day

Song that I like less now: Birds

• Like 1

I really didn't like AHFoD when it first came out. In fact, on the first listen-through I automatically pegged it as my least-favorite Coldplay album. I've warmed up to it some since then, and there are some songs on it that I do enjoy, but it's still toward the bottom of my list, swapping places with the other bottom two depending on the day. Take off some of the poppier production choices (*cough* the cut-up vocals *cough*) and brush up some of the lyrics and it could be a decent album. Right at this very moment I'd rank them as:

1. Viva - perfection in album form

2. ARoBttH - replace A Whisper and Green Eyes with Animals and I Ran Away and this one would be just as perfect as Viva

3. X&Y - runs a little long but the songs themselves are fantastic

4. Parachutes - this one is chill to the point that I actually sometimes find myself getting bored of it halfway through lol. Gotta be in the right mood for this one

5. MX - this one is interesting because as a whole album I really don't care for it, but it has enough individual songs on it that I like that it sort of cancels out. Why do PoC and UIF exist?

6. Ghost Stories - kinda like with Parachutes, I have to be in a certain mood for this one. Some good moments, some bad moments. Why do True Love and Ink exist?

7. AHFoD - this is really the only album where I find myself skipping through multiple songs in a row. I don't think I've listened to Fun, Amazing Day, or Everglow more than a handful of times since AHFoD came out (single version of Everglow is nice though). Suffers from some production issues.

Best song of the album: Adventure of a Lifetime (or the live version of Up&Up)

Worst song: XMtS or Amazing Day

Song I like more now: Army of One

Song I like less now: A Head Full of Dreams

• Like 1

i did my ranking of the albums not too long ago, but i like these additional questions so here it goes:

1. X&Y / MX

2. VLVODAAHF / AROBTTH

3. AHFOD

4. Parachutes / Ghost Stories

Best song of the album for you: Birds

Worst song: does Colour Spectrum count? i feel like that's cheating but it does nothing for me :P

Song that you like way more now: Birds, actually :joy: when i first heard the album, i thought it was the most plain but actually i've come to love it the most

Song that you like a little less now: i guess HFTW... it's not exactly that i like it any less, just that i like other songs more than it now

• Like 1

My current ranking is as follows, but I'm mainly ranking based on the album as a whole, the message it sends, and the coherence of the songs. However I did let AHFOD get pretty high due to the presence of Up&Up which might be my favourite Coldplay song in general.

1# VLV

2# MX

3# AHFOD

4# X&Y

5# Ghost Stories

6# AROBTTH

7# Parachutes

Best song of the album for you: Up&Up

Worst song: XMTS (not because I don't like it but just because everything is better and it does feel a bit unfinished)

Song that you like way more now: Hymn for the Weekend - the live version has really sold me on this song, where I more notice the guitar and piano, the interesting percussion, etc

Song that you like a little less now: Army of One - I like this song a lot, but after hearing the live version, I now know where all the guitar parts are SUPPOSED to be, but realize they're very very faint on the album version, which is kind of a bummer.

• Like 2

What songs changed your opinion about it? What songs you start to like or dislike? How is your Coldplay LP ranking now?

My current ranking is:

1.AROBTTH

2.Ghost Stories

3.Mylo Xyloto

4.VLVODAAHF

5.AHFOD

6.X&Y

7.Parachutes

Best song of the album for you: AHFOD

Song that you like way more now: Up&Up

Song that you like a little less now: I couldn't name one!

First of all, I must say this year I completely felt in love with this band and I find all their music wonderful, so maybe I'm not the most objective person... but let's give it a try haha :D

My ranking is based on what the albums make me feel and what they mean to me, since every album brings me particular memories of particular moments of my life. I think they can't compare with each other because they all have a different kind of music. For example, I can't compare Parachutes with MX. They have opposite styles, but it doesn't mean one is better than the other one. Or what about VLV? I find it like an island of very special and unique music... I can't compare it to anything! However, I think AROBTTH is the exception... it's a rock alternative masterpiece, that's why I put it on number 1 :arobtth:

Concerning to AHFOD, think this is a great album. It has so many powerful songs. We needed something like this after GS dark style. Maybe it's underrated because this is actually a commercial-pop album and some people seem to hate that... I respect them, but I find it awesome :cool:

• Like 1

My album ranking:

1- AROBTTH: Clocks, The Scientist, In My Place, and GPASUYF make this the best album the best

2- AHFOD: It starts perfectlly with AHFOD and it ends really nice with Up&Up, AHFOD, Birds, Everglow, AOAL, Amazing Day (so underrated) and Up&Up are my favorites. Amazing Day is so great, it could be a better single than HFTW!!

3- MX: Paradise, Charlie Brown, ETIAW, Us Against the World, and Princess of China (Acoustic) make this my third best album!

4- X&Y: I love all songs !! It's just great!

5- Viva la Vida: Life in Technicolor, Lost!, Viollet Hill, Strawberry Swing and Viva la Vida are great songs!

6- Ghost Stories: ASFOS is great and all the songs are enjoyable!

7- Parachutes: I only love Yellow!

Best song of the album: AHFOD

Worst song: Hymn for the Weekend

Song that I like more: Everglow (Single Version)

Song that I like less: Birds

I love the acoustic versions of AOAL, Hymn for the Weekend, and Up&Up! They are just great! Also the Paradise Remix live in AHFOD Tour is amazing. The new EP is great I love Viva la Vida.

• Like 1

My album ranking:

1- AROBTTH: Clocks, The Scientist, In My Place, and GPASUYF make this the best album the best

2- AHFOD: It starts perfectlly with AHFOD and it ends really nice with Up&Up, AHFOD, Birds, Everglow, AOAL, Amazing Day (so underrated) and Up&Up are my favorites. Amazing Day is so great, it could be a better single than HFTW!!

3- MX: Paradise, Charlie Brown, ETIAW, Us Against the World, and Princess of China (Acoustic) make this my third best album!

4- X&Y: I love all songs !! It's just great!

5- Viva la Vida: Life in Technicolor, Lost!, Viollet Hill, Strawberry Swing and Viva la Vida are great songs!

6- Ghost Stories: ASFOS is great and all the songs are enjoyable!

7- Parachutes: I only love Yellow!

Best song of the album: AHFOD

Worst song: Hymn for the Weekend

Song that I like more: Everglow (Single Version)

Song that I like less: Birds

I love the acoustic versions of AOAL, Hymn for the Weekend, and Up&Up! They are just great! Also the Paradise Remix live in AHFOD Tour is amazing. The new EP is great I love Viva la Vida.

Welcome to coldplaying!

• 1 month later...

I didn't LOVE the album right away but after a good few listens I could see how special it is.

1. Ghost Stories - this was just such a personal and intimate album for me, and really meant alot to me when it came out. I couldn't believe how different it was and some of the songs on there such as Always In My Head and Another's Arms I still listen to now and it just reminds me of falling asleep peacefully to the album.

2. Mylo Xyloto - I just love that it's a concept album. Charlie Brown is one of my fave songs of all time and the album is so inventive and amazing.

3. X&Y - love sooo many songs on this album. So so good. It's like a rollercoaster of emotions, with a perfect mix of both happy and sad songs. Can't really listen to the whole thing without crying.

4. Viva La Vida - A great departure from their previous albums, I think it was probably their true breakthrough. The sound is so identifiable and it's probably their most sonically cohesive album. I really love the overall sound and songs like Life In Technicolour, Lost! and 42 are amazing.

5. Parachutes - I really think this is one of the best debut albums ever. It's soo original and peaceful and everyybody knows this album is Coldplay. This was Alternative at its finest and really shaped the band. Don't Panic is one of my fav songs ever. The whole thing is a masterpiece.

6. A Head Full Of Dreams - Took a little while for me to really appreciate it but, I realize now how great it is. Birds is one of their best songs in my opinion and THAT VIDEO. A head full of dreams is an amazing album starter, and the whole album is completely uplifting and amazingly thought out.

7. AROBTTH - Apart from singles, I don't really care for this album much. I love the songs Amsterdam and I Ran Away but, as an album as a whole it doesn't resonnate with me too well.

Best song of the album: BIRDS!!

Worst song: Amazing Day

Song I like more now: Everglow

Song I like less now: Fun

My ranking

1. A rush of blood to the head

2. X&Y (1 and 2 change places often though...)

3. Parachutes

4. Viva la Vida

5. Ghost stories and Mylo Xyloto

6. A head full of dreams

But really 1-4 are like so close together for me that ranking them is pointless. Ghost stories and Mylo Xyloto I find are both absolutely amazing as well but just a little bit under 1-4. A head full of dreams still has that emotion, no doubt about it, but it is going in a slightly different direction. I guess I just prefer their other kind of styles.

Best song of the album for you: Army of One / Everglow

Worst song: Amazing Day (it just doesn't 100% click with me)

Song that you like way more now: Everglow

Song that you like a little less now: None I think they've all kinda grown on me

• Like 2