✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Something Just Like This" - The Chainsmokers & Coldplay

Finally listened to the studio version as well !

I thing it's good for a song in the EDM genre and the melody is very catchy.

But this is not a genre Coldplay fits in or a market Coldplay should try to explore, to be honest...the lyrics are not the most profound either ("Batman with his fists"..."somebody I can kiss, i just want something like this"), also the beat/hard instrumental part are very generic club beats like I seem to have heard on the radio a million times. Still, i guess the outcome could have been worse and I would rate it higher than ASFOS....

• Like 3

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Learning about the duo today, even apart from their music, I'm quite dissapointed. Quite sexist and big egos. I'm quite curious why our guys chose to work with them. Don't get me wrong, Im all for them to work with other artists and its given us great songs before, but I'd just like it for the others to be decent humanbeings as well

Exactly my thoughts too

Finally listened to the studio version as well !

I thing it's good for a song in the EDM genre and the melody is very catchy.

But this is not a genre Coldplay fits in or a market Coldplay should try to explore, to be honest...the lyrics are not the most profound either ("Batman with his fists"..."somebody I can kiss, i just want something like this"), also the beat/hard instrumental part are very generic club beats like I seem to have heard on the radio a million times. Still, i guess the outcome could have been worse and I would rate it higher than ASFOS....

Coming from someone who really likes ASFOS, live that song is just amazing with lots of power in Chris' voice, I don't think I'd even compare these two songs frankly

Yeah it has a really generic EDM beat

Is there any other EDM beat?

Ok, if I completely ignore VLV, Parachutes etc., and instead focus on the fact that it's CHAINSMOKERS feat. coldplay, I actually find it quite catchy and nice. :)

Yeah if you pretend it isn't the same people you can almost listen to the whole thing.

At least I don't have to put ASFOS at the bottom of the list anymore. But this is so far gone that I can only hope they get it out of their system and don't bring this along for future work, Kaleidoscope is AHFOD so I'm expecting to not like it but if this is what lies on the other side I think I'll stop here. Just because the band plays some instruments on the track doesn't make it "featuring Coldplay" to me, they could have just as easily tracked them on a program. The "Coldplay" part is just them rolling over and including another ASFOS bridge rework. I don't understand how Jonny, Guy, and Will can even play this with a straight face.

• Like 2

Yeah if you pretend it isn't the same people you can almost listen to the whole thing.

At least I don't have to put ASFOS at the bottom of the list anymore. But this is so far gone that I can only hope they get it out of their system and don't bring this along for future work, Kaleidoscope is AHFOD so I'm expecting to not like it but if this is what lies on the other side I think I'll stop here. Just because the band plays some instruments on the track doesn't make it "featuring Coldplay" to me, they could have just as easily tracked them on a program. The "Coldplay" part is just them rolling over and including another ASFOS bridge rework. I don't understand how Jonny, Guy, and Will can even play this with a straight face.

nah

They always suprise me... they always manage to create their worst song ever EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

ETIAW -> PoC -> ASFOS -> XMTS -> Now this one

You just can't defend a song like this, remember it's the same band who created Politik, Square One, Spies, Violet Hill,.. c'mon

• Like 6

I guess EDM is a better term. But either way, all the songs you mentioned have very heavy EDM influences.

Just to clarify: I try to listen to every kind of music and I also like to explore genres that are very far from my comfort zone. Talking about EDM, I really like Inna for example, and also a lot of EDM music from the 90s and early 2000s. I see myself as a very open-minded person, but it's my opinion about myself. I just can't accept a song like this one because it's bland, repetitive, without climax, forgettable, generic. Probably it's not CP fault, during the day I tried to listen to the most well-known songs by Chainsmokers and they're all mediocre.

• Like 2

They always suprise me... they always manage to create their worst song ever EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

ETIAW -> PoC -> ASFOS -> XMTS -> Now this one

You just can't defend a song like this, remember it's the same band who created Politik, Square One, Spies, Violet Hill,.. c'mon

I just can't believe they keep doing this. Screams of trying so hard to be relevant, hype and whatsoever. ugh.

• Like 2