✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Something Just Like This" - The Chainsmokers & Coldplay

wow I knew this song would get it really hard, and I'm surprised I'm defending it. As a complete hater of the chainsmokers, I'm really surprised I like this one. I don't know what it is that makes it good, maybe it's Jonny but I'll find out. to think nickelback released a good song this year and now the chainsmokers have got their first real song (well not really it's mainly Coldplay's comeback from AHFOD) without it being a fucking failed seizure to the ears like Closer or Paris. what is going on with this year. i still miss the band that did Square One and Politik as everyone does, though, and would highly prefer something like that over this. but hey, it's pretty decent, nowhere near as godawful as XMTS was.

• Like 3

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it. Not loving it yet. Not really a fan of the Chainsmokers since all their songs sound the same. This song is no different, you can feel that it's more The Chainsmokers ft. Chris Martin than anything else. Though there are a few things I really like: 1. The build-ups 2. The lyrics 3.Jonny's guitar in the end makes things much much better.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE E1003 met Tapatalk

I like it! The chorus is a little jarring and the lyrics could use some work in a few places, but Chris's voice is gorgeous and Jonny's guitar is great as always. Reminds me of a more EDM-like Miracles. Hopefully the EP doesn't go in this direction, but as a standalone (one that's officially by the Chainsmokers with Coldplay as a feature) I think it's just fine

• Like 2

Yo for all the pessimistic/snub fans out there: look at it from another point of view!

Maybe it's not the Chainsmokers tarnishing Coldplay's records...but Coldplay making other bands better ;)

for real

I don't see how a track can "feature" a band unless we hear something distinctly Jonny guitar or something. It's out of the norm either way since Chris has featured on a ton of tracks before as (ft. Chris Martin).

No feature is gonna top Homecoming

but what about Your Love Means Everything Pt 2

I like that guitar and it sounds Jonnyish too. But the song in general, sorry but it sounds cheap as hell and I'm pretty sure they already made this song (Closer???)

yeah the lyrics are different obviously, I was talking about the beat. It feels like they have quite an exact formula for a song and just use it every time. It would've been okay without that heavy beat

i was gonna say, it's definitely not as stupid as Closer

Do superhero lyrics remind you something?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Coldplaying mobile app

Coldplay-End-of-Decade-Clearout-Sale_zpsed56k0aa.gif

Wow... I seriously can't believe the amount of love this song is getting. I really like this song but I expected way, WAY more hate for it. I'm surprised. Pleasently surprised.

I'm probably the only person who generally likes The Chainsmokers on here outside of the sexist comments and things like that. This is a great song and even for the people not liking it we shouldn't be too worried, keep in mind this is The Chainsmokers ft. Coldplay not the other way around. If it was the other way around, I could see where you're coming from. The haters should still have hope for the EP. Then again, who's to say Coldplay won't do something with The Chainsmokers the other way around....

Well I have heard it 2x on Spotify and 1x live and... I already have forgotten most of how it sounded.

Says enough.

I literally only listened to it twice and it's been playing in my head nonstop, even though I listened to about 15 songs afterwards. As per usual with The Chainsmokers, catchy and extremely memorable at least for me.

wow I knew this song would get it really hard, and I'm surprised I'm defending it. As a complete hater of the chainsmokers, I'm really surprised I like this one. I don't know what it is that makes it good, maybe it's Jonny but I'll find out. to think nickelback released a good song this year and now the chainsmokers have got their first real song (well not really it's mainly Coldplay's comeback from AHFOD) without it being a fucking failed seizure to the ears like Closer or Paris. what is going on with this year. i still miss the band that did Square One and Politik as everyone does, though, and would highly prefer something like that over this. but hey, it's pretty decent, nowhere near as godawful as XMTS was.

This song is actually receiving much more positive comments then I had expected. Of course there are haters but still. You're one of the last people I would have expected to be defending this. I really like this song too and I actually like most of what I've heard from The Chainsmokers. I'll never defend them artistically for now but they're fun to listen to for me. I can see why you wouldn't like them though. But this to be honest is a great song.

About Nickelback I honestly think they're criminally underrated but it is funny that a lot of people consider their new song far better than that Linkin Park fail though.

This better not be on the ep or played during the tour.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Coldplaying mobile app

Won't be on the EP, not sure about the tour

• Like 3

Cheap music, trashy club sounds and catchy tunes that'll be forgotten in days. I'm quite disappointed with Coldplay really. Didn't knew they'd go for this direction to trash their band name just for the sake of cash and fame.

• Like 5