✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Something Just Like This" - The Chainsmokers & Coldplay

Let's move on, forget about Coldplay and this place and check back once any new material is released.
wow wow wow now hang on a minute there! Do not forget about us! Even if you dislike the band's new music, we do have lots of old, rare multimedia resources as well as interesting Lounge threads and games! :cheesy:
  • Like 8

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

** Edit and my apologies: We should absolutely NOT forget about this place. I should have worded that better. We NEED Coldplaying to survive and thrive and continue to be this amazing community of fans and committed staff. I'd also like to say the new design looks tremendous so a job well done :cool:

"terrible band" because they released some songs you don't like? come on dude, that's ridiculous. I've said it before and i'll continue to say it again, the band are just as talented and experienced at making music than they were in the late 90's.

Come on pal! I know I've been terribly inactive for a long time but we'll get to know each other more hopefully. I think we need to have the join date back so it'd be easier for people to understand what camp I belong to!

• Like 6

There are moments like today when I listened to this song and I feel totally disconnected with the band and ask myself if I can even call myself a fan....

Then I listen to X&Y or AROBTTH and I realize I can't just ignore the fact they wrote those masterpieces that mean so much to me, that this personal connection is going to stay forever.

And then of course there is this community which I have grown so fond of ;)

To sum it up:

Came here for Coldplay, stayed here for Coldplaying !

• Like 4

I would really love to hear the song in ''Coldplay-style'' since it could potentially be a very good song. (Don't kill me for this) but the last part (when Jonny starts playing) is a bit Politik-esque, if you think of it without the Chainsmokers part haha.

And btw, I don't know if I want to know but I'll still ask, why is there so much hate towards The Chainsmokers? I'm not really up to date with everything they do/did//stand for? I only know them because of their hits, which I like to a certain extent.

I agree with this comment about the Politik style, and don't get me wrong about the comparison but Jonny's riff does have a rock sound. If you don't pay attention to all the sounds around it, you'll get the rock vibes. Sometimes I think this riff was a waste in this song, and even though I like the song I wish that riff was kept for a Coldplay song.

• Like 1

It's ok. I can't say I'm a fan of The Chainsmokers but collaborating with them is fairly in-character for 2010s-era Coldplay. Chainsmokers never struck me as anything but generic EDM anyway, nothing exceptional either way to be honest. I was expecting the worst based on the reviews and comments and stuff, but it turned out ok enough I guess. About as good as you would expect such a collaboration to be, which is meh. A song like this might have pissed me off in 2008 but I'm fairly numb to it now. It is what it is.

I agree with this comment about the Politik style, and don't get me wrong about the comparison but Jonny's riff does have a rock sound. If you don't pay attention to all the sounds around it, you'll get the rock vibes. Sometimes I think this riff was a waste in this song, and even though I like the song I wish that riff was kept for a Coldplay song.

Though I'm generally pleasantly surprised by the song (and quite frankly, this is exactly where I'd like to see them sow their wild oats instead of on their own albums), I have to agree about the riff. I feel myself get so excited when it kicks in, but it's sort of buried in all the other sound. As I said on my social media in various places ... you know how DJs always do remixes of normal rock songs? Can Coldplay please flip the script and do a normal rock remix of this EDM song? I'd love to hear it stripped down and let Jonny's bit shine, bring up the piano a little, and maybe replace the club stuff with a bigger piano riff. Just more pianos and stuff. Everywhere.

I get that it's a Chainsmokers song, though, and given that I think it's pretty good and not something I'm going to worry myself over. Though I don't worry that much about their direction anyway. My favorite eras of theirs are over, and that's fine; I'm not going to sit around like Hachiko waiting for the AROBTTH sound to return. I still immensely enjoy the eras since, which the occasional bit I enjoy on a level with the old, and the occasional bit I kinda skip past. To me there's always something very Coldplay about almost anything they do, and I'm glad to have that constant. Personally I'm still really excited for the EP and the suspense of not really knowing exactly what direction it will go.

• Like 5

Though I'm generally pleasantly surprised by the song (and quite frankly, this is exactly where I'd like to see them sow their wild oats instead of on their own albums), I have to agree about the riff. I feel myself get so excited when it kicks in, but it's sort of buried in all the other sound. As I said on my social media in various places ... you know how DJs always do remixes of normal rock songs? Can Coldplay please flip the script and do a normal rock remix of this EDM song? I'd love to hear it stripped down and let Jonny's bit shine, bring up the piano a little, and maybe replace the club stuff with a bigger piano riff. Just more pianos and stuff. Everywhere.

I get that it's a Chainsmokers song, though, and given that I think it's pretty good and not something I'm going to worry myself over. Though I don't worry that much about their direction anyway. My favorite eras of theirs are over, and that's fine; I'm not going to sit around like Hachiko waiting for the AROBTTH sound to return. I still immensely enjoy the eras since, which the occasional bit I enjoy on a level with the old, and the occasional bit I kinda skip past. To me there's always something very Coldplay about almost anything they do, and I'm glad to have that constant. Personally I'm still really excited for the EP and the suspense of not really knowing exactly what direction it will go.

Well said! And I agree with you 100%

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE E1003 met Tapatalk

Fun fact: On their snapchat, the Chainsmokers revealed that they recorded a friend taking a sh*t and put it into a song as a snare sound. Be sure to look out for it on their new album lmfao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL

no way I'm gonna waste money on the rest of that album, but I'll sure as hell pay to see a memified version of it on YouTube. Y'all know that's what's gonna happen to the song that's on aha

• Like 1

I think we have to remember how good Coldplay are. I mean all of us here are Coldplay fans. This song is amazing in my opinion, and as has been said Coldplay arent gonna go back to AROBTTH era, but thats a great thing, because they are changing and evolving, But you can still here the Coldplay trademark sound in this song, which is extremely important. This song has no bearing on Kaleidoscope, so lets just enjoy it as a rather brilliant song and a third UK number 1 for the guys (fingers crossed).

4.6/5 for me!

• Like 1

And btw, I don't know if I want to know but I'll still ask, why is there so much hate towards The Chainsmokers? I'm not really up to date with everything they do/did//stand for? I only know them because of their hits, which I like to a certain extent.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/magazine-feature/7510387/the-chainsmokers-billboard-cover-closer

"At the time of the interview, both had live-in girlfriends but copped to being “girl crazy.” “Even before success, pussy was number one,” says Pall. “Like, ‘Why am I trying to make all this money?’ I wanted to hook up with hotter girls. I had to date a model.”"

“Now we’re influencing the industry, putting out songs everyone copies.”

dudes, you managed to copy your own songs (Closer - All We Know, SJLT - Closer/Roses), sit down.

• Like 2

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/magazine-feature/7510387/the-chainsmokers-billboard-cover-closer

"At the time of the interview, both had live-in girlfriends but copped to being “girl crazy.” “Even before success, pussy was number one,” says Pall. “Like, ‘Why am I trying to make all this money?’ I wanted to hook up with hotter girls. I had to date a model.”"

“Now we’re influencing the industry, putting out songs everyone copies.”

dudes, you managed to copy your own songs (Closer - All We Know, SJLT - Closer/Roses), sit down.

LMAO

I've ran out of new persons to hate. Thanks for introducing me to a bunch of new turds! =D

Now why again was Coldplay collaborating with those bada$$ pu$$y $layers?

Death Rattle my ass! Actually googled image of a Death Rattle b/c I did not know what one was where do they come up with this shit?

People like to be over dramatic and include medical stuff into their music reviews to sound professionally.

YUI6Iwl.png?1

• Like 1

I knew The Chainsmokers liked Coldplay a lot because they played last year during every gig a remix of "Yellow". And one of them said that "Yellow" is been for him the best song ever made. Chris mentioned also in a tweet he was looking forward to the new album of The Chainsmokers so i think he likes the EDM as well.

I like Chris's vocals a lot during the song, but for me the melody is eather cheap and sounds almost the same as the one in "Roses".

I'm pretty sure they gona play it during their upcoming tour.

you know how DJs always do remixes of normal rock songs? Can Coldplay please flip the script and do a normal rock remix of this EDM song? I'd love to hear it stripped down and let Jonny's bit shine, bring up the piano a little, and maybe replace the club stuff with a bigger piano riff. Just more pianos and stuff. Everywhere.

YES PLEASE

Let's make THAT a campaign instead of the one to get the song up the charts (it's already there anyway)

• Like 1