🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

@ Bianca - BAHAH i think that that is EXACTLY what they want you to do! :P that's really too bad that you can't get them! I bought some of the vids on iTunes and watch from there when I am in the mood - BUT they don't have them all... :/

Kimmi - so funny that the music helps you with that stuff - whodathought! :) It helps me relax when i'm studying/working too!...which by the way reminds me... only 1 more weeks of classes - hope anyone else who has a week left is enjoying it :)

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe he'll pick you up on his way back from the US then... :wink3:
He just can neither avoid me nor miss me on the airport! :sneaky: I'll take care of that, be assured!

@ Meredith

It seems like they really want me on the island. Maybe I try entering Ireland the next time, because recently I wasn't let into the UK. :confused: :embarrassed:

About Snow Patrol songs helping you calming down / studying / getting ideas: They just make me sing a long and make me dreaming, so I can't really do anything else. :lol: I enjoy them absolutely and always nevertheless.

He just can neither avoid me nor miss me on the airport! :sneaky: I'll take care of that, be assured!

@ Meredith

It seems like they really want me on the island. Maybe I try entering Ireland the next time, because recently I wasn't let into the UK. :confused: :embarrassed:

About Snow Patrol songs helping you calming down / studying / getting ideas: They just make me sing a long and make me dreaming, so I can't really do anything else. :lol: I enjoy them absolutely and always nevertheless.

*lol* you go get him, girl!!! :D

i'm not sure why or how it even helps me with my studies/programming. but it just does somehow. i can't listen to Kasabian songs...those make me feel like dancing (well, hopping, really) around the room more than concentrating on studies.

& what's this thread doing all the way in the 3rd page? :P

here's a funny (imo) video with a kinda-sunburnt-looking Gary & looking-stoned-as-always Nathan are on one of those "hotseat" type of short Q&As

..............at some point in the session, the guys let slip their sleepwear preferences. :wink3:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8vj57-tsCw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8vj57-tsCw[/ame]

*lol* you go get him, girl!!! :D

i'm not sure why or how it even helps me with my studies/programming. but it just does somehow. i can't listen to Kasabian songs...those make me feel like dancing (well, hopping, really) around the room more than concentrating on studies.

& what's this thread doing all the way in the 3rd page? :P

here's a funny (imo) video with a kinda-sunburnt-looking Gary & looking-stoned-as-always Nathan are on one of those "hotseat" type of short Q&As

..............at some point in the session, the guys let slip their sleepwear preferences. :wink3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8vj57-tsCw

awww... cute video!

Foals are supporting on the European tour.

I just keep hoping the fact that there's a "European Tour" means that there'll be a "North American Tour" sooner rather than later! :D

In a recent interview, Gary said that they are planning to head back to the studio in autumn. So I'm guessing that North American tour is gonna be later rather than sooner.

That's cool. I'll take a new album and new tour, even if it's next year!! :D

But we have the Tired Pony record comming up this summer, so maybe they can go on a tiny little tour together. Snow Patrol isn't touring, is R.E.M.?

Don't think REM are touring. I think I heard that Peter Buck is currently in the middle of another project.

hell yeah! How To Be Dead's a brilliant song...i :heart:s it! :D

Please don't go crazy, if I tell you the truth

No you don't know what happened

And you never will if

You don't listen to me while I talk to the wall

This blanket is freezing, it's been out in the hall

Where you've had me for hours

Till I'm sure what I want

But darling I want the same thing that I wanted before

So sweetheart tell me what's up I won't stop no way

One of the few songs I can remember the majority of the lyrics

I love How To Be Dead lyrics xD

I used to tell them to my friends all the time and they would laugh so hard. especially this part: "baby let me explain something/ its all down to drugs/ at least I remember taking them/ and not a lot else" :lol:

Gary On ‘The Joy Of 6 Music

Whomever reads these, hopefully plentiful, emails: I hope this finds you well sir or madam.

Have to say I'm aghast at the prospect of you shutting down 6 Music. It is a station I listen to a lot. It plays a dizzying spectrum of music nearly all of which I like or indeed love. I've learned a lot from listening to 6 and am thoroughly flummoxed you're closing its doors. We need to cherish and celebrate the things in life that surprise us and 6music does that consistently. The world needs more stations like it, not less. Please have a heart and save this gem of a thing.

Yours beseechingly, Gary Lightbody (yes I'm in snow patrol but don't hold that against me)

^:laugh3:

from http://www.thejoyof6.com/

And you never will if

I love How To Be Dead lyrics xD

I used to tell them to my friends all the time and they would laugh so hard. especially this part: "baby let me explain something/ its all down to drugs/ at least I remember taking them/ and not a lot else" :lol:

:lol:

How To Be Dead is an awesome song :wacky:

And you never will if

Love it. oh, and btw, thanks, Dave.. now I've got "Missing" going in loops in my head... though, that's not necessarily a bad thing!

@Meredith- I love Same! I recently gained a new appreciation for that song, though I'm not sure what prompted it.

Love it. oh, and btw, thanks, Dave.. now I've got "Missing" going in loops in my head... though, that's not necessarily a bad thing!

@Meredith- I love Same! I recently gained a new appreciation for that song, though I'm not sure what prompted it.

HAHA both great songs! Jen the same thing happened to me too! The more I hear it the more I want to listen to it!... if that makes any sense!

The weirdest thing happened today: I had SP on random with my computer open, and "The first week of term" came up. I had NO idea that I had it on my computer or even how it got there. Needless to say, I was smitten. :) I love that they are all friends and will keep playing...until the label drops them! hahah it will NEVER happen obv. :dozey::rolleyes:

YOU are not a noob Jen! :)

"first week of term" is like a 40 minute documentary/rehearsal for the TBTC tour. I have no idea how it got on my comp, I assumed it was with the deluxe version of AHMS that I got. But it's so funny and good - there are interviews and they talk about playing the songs live, and they sing a few too (rocket, tbtc, and one more i forget which)

Actually, i just checked, you can get the whole thing (first week of term) on iTunes for $1.49 - it's a total steal! (at least in the US store).

PS I got that email about the collectors box for up to now! is that what you guys have (I think I have heard Jen & Kimmi talk about this before)?!?!? someone convince me to buy it....esp since its free shipping! :) :)

it's almost summerrrrrr :)

^ah, cool. I don't actually have a physical copy of any of the albums... just downloaded them all from amazon (which I now thoroughly regret, btw). I may have to download that video!

I got the email about the collectors box, too. That's the super awesome colletion that Kimmi (and maybe Bernard and Bianca?) has. I have the Deluxe Up to Now, which is 2 CDs and 1 DVD. I was super tempted to buy the collectors box when it first came out, but settled for the Deluxe. The box would be awesome, esp. with the lithograph and vinyl... though I have nothing to actually play an album on. If you don't have some other form of Up to Now already, and you can afford it, I'd say GET IT!!! :D the free shipping makes it an extra good deal! Oh, and did you notice the end of the email said, "Hope to see you soon"? I'm going to read into that that they are going to tour soon (and by soon I mean sometime in the next 18 months :P)

HAHA both great songs! Jen the same thing happened to me too! The more I hear it the more I want to listen to it!... if that makes any sense!

The weirdest thing happened today: I had SP on random with my computer open, and "The first week of term" came up. I had NO idea that I had it on my computer or even how it got there. Needless to say, I was smitten. :) I love that they are all friends and will keep playing...until the label drops them! hahah it will NEVER happen obv. :dozey::rolleyes:

heh...i have that same relationship with Same too. i didn't like it first few times i heard it. even contemplated removing it from my music library. now i've grown to appreciate it. guess Same is one of those songs that need to be listening a few times before you love it...

& i shall join Jen in the SP noob corner...i didn't know what's "the first week of term" either...

Signal Fire's playing on my PC now (SP songs seem to come up on my PC when you're in the picture...& the plalist's set to random! :wink3: )

PS I got that email about the collectors box for up to now! is that what you guys have (I think I have heard Jen & Kimmi talk about this before)?!?!? someone convince me to buy it....esp since its free shipping! :) :)

it's almost summerrrrrr :)

here, i'll try & tempt you to get it.......cos this is what you get in the collectors' box:

4093809986_4c1e59f301_b.jpg

4093809880_9acde64a3f_b.jpg

4093809712_7a7c2060ba_b.jpg

^ah, cool. I don't actually have a physical copy of any of the albums... just downloaded them all from amazon (which I now thoroughly regret, btw). I may have to download that video!

while i've been a firm believer & user of *ahem* alternative means of getting songs, i have recently started venturing into getting legal song d/l...but an album in digital form still somehow can't beat owning a physical copy. even if they take up space. especially that beautiful Up To Now box set.

btw, it comes with the full set of CDs of Up To Now too...so while i can't actually listen to the vinyls (yet...i plan to eventually get round to getting a vinyl player. one fine day. when i have my own place.), i can at least enjoy the CDs...& DVDs.