✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I totally forgot to add Set Fire To The Third Bar to the setlist. :shame: Gary sang it alone but it was still so beautiful.
:awesome:

The setlist looks pretty good to a pain-in-the-ass-critic like me. :nice: They better play Set the Fire on the 31st though. :whip:

Something new:

they talk a little bit about Gary's jaw, slow start and there's a NOT FULL (>.<) performance of Run ^^

also this:

"Guinness has announced a unique partnership agreement with Snow Patrol to give their fans unparalleled access to Northern Irelands top rockers. Gary Lightbody and Jonny Quinn from Snow Patrol tell us what it’s all about."

speaking of that jaw of his...is it just me or does he seem to twitch his jaw every once in a while now when he talks?

& that Guinness news is a revelation to me! at least now i know why i'm seeing an increase of ppl in my FB "Like"-ing Guinness Ireland these days... :dozey:

Yes, Elena, her friend and me waited, too.

Aw, it's great that she got to meet Gary after the concert as well, it was so insanly sweet from him how he kept her sign and read it out. There MUST be a video out there. But Germans seem to be slow on uploading their stuff - I haven't found more than three videos yet. No photos. Is that even possible? :o

awww...that's really nice of him to keep the sign & all. :)

my sis was just telling me about a band (not SP, of course) who were asked by the event organisers to sign a very well done drawing that a fan made of the band for her to keep & the band barely gave it a glance. just signed it & walked away. the band's manager even commented something along the lines of "parents should teach their children not to expect too much of people" (the kid had made 3 drawings, 2 of which were meant for the band to keep) :stunned:

hearing that from my sis just makes me appreciate SP & gestures like this at the Berlin gig more... :P

oyah...& saw this posted by someone in my FB today...nice to see a bit of the Reworked touch still there...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-BCwekszWE]Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars live in Berlin 2010 [/ame]

(i love the guy & his singing, but Gary's voice sounds off when he does the chant-y bit here, imo...

*runs for cover from the Gary fans*)

*wants Snow Patrol to play England again*

me too... :\

(i love the guy & his singing, but Gary's voice sounds off when he does the chant-y bit here, imo...

*runs for cover from the Gary fans*)

Don't ask me what song I definitely like more on record than being played live. :rolleyes: It's not Chasing Cars but a song Gary has his difficulties with. At least in my opinion, but oh well, what do I know?

That story of the other band made me shiver - in a negative way. How can they be so cruel to their fans? I see why not every band has the time and the will to care as much about their fans as Snow Patrol do but what happened to this fan has something to do with respect. If they take the time to sign it, then they certainly have the time to give it a proper look. If they don't want to do so, then they better f*** off and just leave instead of hurting a fan's feelings.

So, Bianca wants me to write a review... Now, that's her own fault because she knows how forgetful I am, so I guess she'll have to add/edit quite a few parts simply for the fact that I tend to mix up things quite easily... But anyway, here's what (I think) I remember and it's dedicated to Bianca, just for the sake of it:

My friend and I arrived at the venue probably way too early as there were only a few people there, sitting on the "balcony" of the venue and just enjoying the nice weather. No one had started queuing yet and it didn't look like anyone would start during the next time, so we just sat on the meadow in front of the Tempodrom and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine. :) Two or three hours later some people I (unfortunately) know from other gigs, set up their camp (it really looked like that!) right in front of one door, so we were actually forced to start queuing as well or otherwise it wouldn't have made much sense to be there that early, would it? Leaning with the back on the window, we could first hear Foals' soundcheck (at least I thought it was them) and later the boys' soundcheck as well. They actually took quite some time for that one this time around and I'm not used to that. I remember hearing bits of "Open your eyes", "Spitting Games" and "The Lightning Strike" which made me feel really excited because all four times I'd seen them so far I'd never got the chance to hear the entire "The Lightning Strike", so my hopes were high for this evening. :D Later, Sarah arrived as well and now we were only waiting for Bianca to arrive, but even 5 minutes before the doors opened she still wasn't there which actually almost caused a heart attack on my side! It took another 10 minutes until they opened the door and all I could think of was just praying for Bianca to arrive in time. When I was in the venue I managed to get a quite decent spot in the front row on the right side between Gary and Nathan. :heart: I tried to take as much space as possible (for Bianca) but the woman on the right just ignored that fact. :dozey: But oh well... Right in time, the supporting act (Foals) entered the stage and I already liked them after they'd played the first song. To be honest, I didn't understand a word of the vocals, but I enjoyed what I heard and you really felt like dancing. I just wish their set was a tad longer as they only played about 20-25 minutes... So I'm really looking forward to seeing them again. :)

The boys entered the stage at about 21.10 with a totally new opener! As Bianca already mentioned, it sounded a bit techno-ish and the light and laser show actually reminded me quite a bit of "Politik", I don't know. ;) Then they burst into "Open your eyes" which is totally new as this was usually one of the last songs they played... ;) But the changes in the setlist and the new "stage design" (or whatever you want to call it) weren't the only things you noticed immediately: Both Pablo and Gary had been at the hairdresser's (thank God for that in Gary's case :rolleyes::lol:) and Nathan's got what seems to be a totally new eye-catching tattoo on his left forearm - a big rose! :stunned:

Right after the first few minutes you could really feel and see that they were bursting with energy. They seemed entirely happy to be back on stage and very content with themselves. Everybody was smiling most of the time and especially Gary couldn't stop grinning for a minute! It was really nice to see him so happy and balanced - I really think the little break has done him more than good. :) After the third of fourth song he took off his jacket and instead of keeping it on stage, he threw it right into the audience and the people standing there obviously went nuts. Afterwards you could see some people holding a black cloth in their hands - they must have ripped the whole thing into pieces! :stunned: Poor nice jacket, it looked so stunning on Gary... :\ Anyways... Unfortunately, they were having some tricky technical problems as at some points Gary's "in ears" or his guitar wouldn't work (that's when he suggested continuing the whole gig acapella :lol:) and the whole sound seemed to be rather overdriven... Gary explained that it wouldn't be a proper SP-gig if everything worked properly anyway and said that there must be some "(fucking) gremlins fucking up their (fucking) gear" (his words, not mine! xD). :laugh3: I can't remember when it exactly was but at some point Gary noticed a sign reading "Make this go on forever...". He asked the girl to give the sign to him, so he read it aloud on stage again and really seemed to like the hearts on it, it was just too cute to watch. :) Then he explained that it wasn't on the setlist but that they would play it and before playing he said "Love is forever. Or sometimes it's just for one night. Not that I am suggesting anything." :rolleyes::lol:

During "Hands open" (which was one of the first songs) he jumped off the stage, stood right in front of some people and continued singing there. It looked quite nice. :)

Our dear Gary also quite obviously forgot a few lyrical parts here and there, just like always (for example in "Crack the shutters" and "Chocolate"), but I guess it wouldn't be a proper SP-gig if Gary remembered all words - it's impossible anyway. :laugh3:

One of the highlights of the evening was "You could be happy". Gary sat down at the front of the stage right next to one of the security guys and touched/stroke his shoulders at some point. That guy, however, didn't move the slightest and didn't care for Gary at all! Gary must have found it really funny and singing the part "Somehow everything I own smells of you" he couldn't stop laughing. Afterwards he said that he probably touched that guy's heart and soul, or something like that. :lol: Speaking of "You could be happy"... I must say that I loved the fact that they kept at least a bit of the "reworked"-feeling to some songs, like in this song or also in "Chasing Cars".

By the way, Bianca and I had the idea of requesting "Warmer Climate", so Bianca held up the sign and Gary noticed it. But he said it was such an old song (liar!) and that he couldn't remember it, but that he was impressed that someone even knew that song and thanked her for that. :rolleyes: But bless him, that's not how he can get out of that! I promise we won't give up on that one that easily. :sneaky::D

Oh by the way, some of my much loved Gary & Nathan "action" was going on, too, unfortunately not during "Crack the shutters" (shame on them), but during "Hands Open" and some various parts of the show. I'm such a sucker for that and obviously took some really cute photos... :D I have also to admit that I couldn't make up my mind whether to watch Gary or Nathan... :lol: But since I was so close to Nate and since I totally love his "moves" on stage, I took loads of photos of him, he's just such a "cool cat". :cool: Even got a smile for that at some point. :blush:

So, about the encore... They really played all three parts of "The Lightning Strike"! No screen had been used until then, but the black curtain at the back was let down and the famous animation could be seen. :) Can't explain how excited and happy I was that I finally got to hear the other two parts in all their glory! :heart: "You're all I have" kept its position as the last song of the night and I'm glad about that as I think it's simply the best song to end an amazing show like that!

After the gig, the three of us kind of compulsory made our way to the "back" entrance, but since it was so obvious to find, I guess more than 50 people were waiting there already! :stunned: Considering this fact, I wouldn't have blamed the boys for not coming out and taking their time, but shortly before 12 o'clock, Gary was the first to come out and he took an awful lot of time taking as many photos as were requested, talking to the people and making sure that everything was signed that was given to him! Bless his heart, what balls to come out that early even though so many people were waiting! He really deserves my greatest respect as he was his usual generous self, just a true sweetheart! We'd actually waited until all the others had got what they wanted and then went to Gary. He then signed the first Tired Pony autographs ever (:heart:) and we also tried to convince him to play "Warmer Climate" at least once. I also told him that I'd been at their show at the Royal Albert Hall, how much I'd loved it and that he'd given so many people hugs and therefore I asked whether I could give him a hug instead. :blush:

Moreover, since my friend loves driving and also obviously loves SP, she had the crazy idea of asking Gary whether he'd sign her car. So, she really asked him and Gary gave his okay. :lol: Oh dear, let me just tell, seeing Gary sitting in that tiny car trying to sign the car's sun shade was just one of the funniest things I've ever seen! :lol:

After that Nathan came out and we asked him whether he remembered Bianca's sign and he even signed it and wrote that they'd try next time (ha, so now we've got it in written form and are able to blackmail Gary! :sneaky::lol:). He also hinted that he'd really seen me at the front (credits go to Bianca for hearing that, I somehow must've overheard it). :blush:

We also told Pablo that playing "Warmer Climate" at least once live would be really great, but he didn't really seem to like the idea, saying that it was rather boring to play (he didn't say it like that, but that's what he meant). So, we didn't bother Jonny with the idea anymore, but he told us about his last experience in Berlin instead. :lol: For some unknown reason, Tom was nowhere to be seen and since their tourbus finally left, we assume that he must've probably got on the tourbus ages before the others even came out. But oh well, better luck next time (in Amsterdam). :)

So, all in all, I had an amazing time and it was definitely one of the best gigs I've attended so far! It was also great to meet Sarah (:hug:) and experiencing a SP-gig together with Bianca for the first time, even though we didn't manage to stand next to each other which was a pity since we always have an awful lot of stuff to discuss and laugh about. :hug:

(Okay, this was probably the longest post I've ever written. Sorry about that. Hopefully I didn't bore the hell out of you folks. :uhoh:

And Bianca: Here you are. Hopefully this review meets your expectations. But probably not. :P Well, I think you really know me well enough by now, so please don't hit me for having a "blank" on what were probably the best and most interesting things on that evening. ;))

So, Bianca wants me to write a review... Now, that's her own fault because she knows how forgetful I am, so I guess she'll have to add/edit quite a few parts simply for the fact that I tend to mix up things quite easily... But anyway, here's what (I think) I remember:

[...]

Okay, this was probably the longest post I've ever written. Sorry about that. Hopefully I didn't bore the hell out of you folks. :uhoh:

Awesome review, I enjoyed reading it lots and no, it was NOT boring!!! :kiss:

Gary blaming gremlins made me laugh! :lol:

Like you say, it's so nice that they took all that time to talk to fans and sign things!! :heart:

That he actually signed the car! :stunned:

Awesome.

It sounds like a perfect time you were having.

Can't wait to hear the Amsterdam gigs :bomb:

Hope to meet you again soon. :hug:

One of the highlights of the evening was "You could be happy". Gary sat down at the front of the stage right next to one of the security guys and touched/stroke his shoulders at some point. That guy, however, didn't move the slightest and didn't care for Gary at all! Gary must have found it really funny and singing the part "Somehow everything I own smells of you" he couldn't stop laughing. Afterwards he said that he probably touched that guy's heart and soul, or something like that. :lol:

that was definitely my fav part of the show, it was so funny :laugh3: oh dear...

was great to meet you too elena [amazing review, btw!!], and bianca as well :)

i'm gonna post some of my pics later or tomorrow.

Don't ask me what song I definitely like more on record than being played live. :rolleyes: It's not Chasing Cars but a song Gary has his difficulties with. At least in my opinion, but oh well, what do I know?

That story of the other band made me shiver - in a negative way. How can they be so cruel to their fans? I see why not every band has the time and the will to care as much about their fans as Snow Patrol do but what happened to this fan has something to do with respect. If they take the time to sign it, then they certainly have the time to give it a proper look. If they don't want to do so, then they better f*** off and just leave instead of hurting a fan's feelings.

haha...i'm not claiming i know any better. it's just an observation that he seemed to be really off & the look on his face seemed to indicate that he knew it.

& yeah, i'm personally not a fan of that other band, but i thought that was pretty cruel too. especially when i was told that they didn't want the 2 drawings given to them. my sis & her colleagues didn't have the heart to return the drawings to the fan, so they kept the drawings & told her the band loved them so she'd not have her heart broken. :(

Oh wow, Elena and Bianca. Seems like you had like a PERFECT night!! :dance: :dance:

I'll put a review on here from last night soon as well. :cool:

^^ this!!! :D

& that comment about gremlins being responsible for the technical problems really cracked me up...along with imagining tall lanky Gary in a tiny car trying to sign the sun shade! :laugh3:

@RoosAnne: looking forward to your review too, girl! (& i'll assume in advance you had a great time as well!) :cool:

Awesome review, I enjoyed reading it lots and no, it was NOT boring!!! :kiss:

Gary blaming gremlins made me laugh! :lol:

Like you say, it's so nice that they took all that time to talk to fans and sign things!! :heart:

That he actually signed the car! :stunned:

Awesome.

It sounds like a perfect time you were having.

Can't wait to hear the Amsterdam gigs :bomb:

Hope to meet you again soon. :hug:

Aww, Anna! :hug: Glad to hear you enjoyed reading the review. :)

Haha yeah, the whole car-signing-idea was so crazy! My friend actually got quite a weird look from Gary, but then he must have thought "Why not?". He also said that this was probably the weirdest thing he'd ever signed! Now, the car's like sacred. :lol: Looking forward to driving in it to Amsterdam. :D

And yes, it'd be awesome to meet up again soon! Everytime I think about the great time we had in Düsseldorf and London it just makes me smile! :)

@Roos: You know, I can hardly wait for your review! From what I've seen on your photos, I assume you probably must have had an equally great night! :)

@muzika: Totally understand you! I feel very lucky to have been able to see them quite a few times and meeting them certainly is the cream of the crop! Crossing my fingers that you'll get the chance to see them someday soon, too!

@Sarah: Thanks! :hug: And oops, totally forgot that you had your camera with you as well! So I guess you have some fairly decent Nathan-snapshots, too? Well, you know who'd love to see them... :wink3::D

@Kimmi: Haha yeah, you should have seen it in real! When I was filming I really tried to be silent, but I just couldn't repress my laughter as it was so deadly funny! :lol: Gary also honked just for the fun of it. It's a shame it isn't on the video. :laugh3:

THIS IS NOT MY CAR :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: awww....I love Gary so much xD and his hairscut looks awesome

thanks for all the photos Ilione :D those are awesome, what camera do you use?

I live in everybody's forgotten land, but I hope too that one day I'm gonna meet them :nice:

elena - your pics are ace! :stunned: :heart: brilliant quality, woot woot! hahaha i love what he wrote on the sun shade, that's class ;D i ended up being a bit sad that we didn't stay for a bit longer that night, but oh well, we were extremely exhausted... maybe next time :nice:

haha i'm afraid i took tons of gary pics and only a couple of nathan - but mine didn't turn out that good anyway. will share them tomorrow tho :)

what balls to come out that early even though so many people were waiting!

:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: He'd love you forever for saying that!

Well, I have nothing to add, but my mind is spinning having read my own name that often. :rolleyes3:

We had an amazing night, sure one of the best in my entire life. Thanks to Elena for being so incredibly awesome! :heart:

Next time we'll conquer the front row and get whatever song we ask for, I promise, Elena! :hug:

It was also really nice to meet Sarah and Elena's friend.

Oh dear, I get so excited thinking about that night. Now I need to stare at the photographs a bit more. :escaping: :D

To all who would have liked to be at Friday's concert: You'd have needed to pray to be faaaar away from Elena and me. I really wonder we didn't freak the hell out of some people. :lol:

To Elena, here again, your photographs are just stunning. If it would be possible, I would love you even more now. :nice:

Thank you all of you guys, I'm really glad to hear that you like the photos so much! :nice:

@Sarah: I can understand you... But you know, who could have known that they'd come out this time fairly early? As I said, in London it was 2 am or something when they came out... Anyways, you really need to meet them someday, too! And I'm sure it's going to happen! Cping-Karma ftw! :)

@Bianca: Haha, I know. It's kind of suprising (or even frightening :lol:) how many of Gary's phrases and typical words I've adopted. At least in the written form. :confused: And oh dear, please don't make me blush! But thanks for those kind words, it's really appreciated! :hug: And I'll definitely take that "Next time we'll conquer the front row..."-sentence for granted, you know that, don't you? ;)

And haha, true story. I was actually surprised we didn't freak the hell out of the two people between us... :rolleyes: Really, I actually somehow felt sorry for them, but I couldn't stop talking with you, either. Otherwise I'd have burst. :lol:

I guess it is now time for a review of the show last night in Copenhagen. :cool:

We arrived at the venue at 1 pm where only two girls were queueing already. The following two hours no one joined us in the queue, so we were there way too early considering other peoples' arival.. But the weather was nice and so we had a great time anyway - I even got interviewed. The hour before the doors opened was so stressful! People ignored the fact that we had queued for so many hours, but eventually we and the other people who had queued for a long time came in first. The security man checking me was real fast and I was the first to reach the fence and chose the spot between Nathan and Gary. The others came soon afterwards and so we all got front row. :dance:

The show itself was perfect!! The guys were just fantastic and the contact to the crowd was amazing! I love how they (especially Gary ofc) always involve the crowd by funny stories and talking to people during the show.

I had made a sign saying "Gary marry me" and while we were waiting for SP to go on stage we wrote "Nathan marry me" on the other side, since he is my 11-year-old sister's favourite. Then during the show Gary said: "I see a sign over here saying "Gary Marry Me", aw! but... On the other side it says Nathan Marry Me???" And then Merle, my little sister, explained how I wanted him (Gary) and she wanted Nathan. "Oh, then it's okay ;) - this song is for the both of you then. ... and Nathan". And then they played The Golden Floor. :D yay! Before the encore Nathan threw a pick at Merle as well!

And then before I knew it, it was all over! :( I got a setlist though, we bought new t-shirts and then went outside to wait for them to come out. After about an hour Gary was the first to come out. There were only about 15-20 people and he waited till everyone was finished with getting autographs and taking pictures before he drove off. Then Nathan came out half an hour later and like Gary just took the time till every one was satisfied. Tom and Pablo came at the same time an hour later. So in total we waited 2,5 hours in the cold. But it was totally worth it ofc! I had developed the photos from the last time we met them which they signed and we got pictures with all of them. Except from Jonny who did not show up. ):

So all in all we had the most fantastic day/night! :) :heart:

Aww Roos, thanks a lot for taking the time to write such a nice review! I enjoyed reading it! :)

People ignoring the fact that you were there waaaay before them sucks a lot, but I'm glad you still managed to get in first! And well, what can I say? Excellent choice with the spot between Gary and Nathan! :love:

Love the story about your & your sister's sign SO much! It sounds so cute, I can absolutely imagine the situation! :cheesy: And yay for Nate giving your sister a pick, he's such a sweetheart! :heart:

2,5 hours of waiting is quite some time! I remember when Anna and I waited in that chilly night in London in November for ages because all the boys left the aftershow party seperately and at different times... But hey, it's always SO worth it indeed! Just look at your cute photos. The one of Nate and your sister just warms your heart! :heart: