✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOOOOOOH MYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!

Today it was annouced that I'll have an exam the 1st of June - the day of the second Amsterdam gig, which probably means I can not go..

:bigcry: :bigcry::bigcry: :bigcry::bigcry: :bigcry::bigcry: :bigcry::bigcry: :bigcry:

Today it was annouced that I'll have an exam the 1st of June - the day of the second Amsterdam gig, which probably means I can not go..

:bigcry: :bigcry::bigcry: :bigcry::bigcry: :bigcry::bigcry: :bigcry::bigcry: :bigcry:

Nooooo! :embarrassed:

Hey guys so I was in a bar today and heard this song [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQkdG7AxI3E]YouTube- Vatra - Eskim[/ame]

Its a Croatian band but you dont have to listen the whole thing just first 30sec or so. Is it just me or does it really really sound like the beginning of Chasing Cars?

Well, I can see why you thought of Chasing Cars but to me it doesn't sound too similar. Actually the tune of Chasing Cars is pretty simple so it's most likely to appear in other songs. In this one it's slowlier and there are not just two notes or am I deaf? :thinking:

Oh, no! :( Is there any way you could take the exam early?? I hope it works out so you can go! :nice:

Sorry for the double post ...

snow-patrol-m.jpg

Bianca, you can double post all you want if you're gonna fill them with pretty pics. :D

^:wacky: welcome back to SP love, Christina!! :P

yeah, we dream about them touring here all the time... our best guess is it probably won't happen until next year. Hoping for a new SP album in the meantime, though!

^:wacky: welcome back to SP love, Christina!! :P

yeah, we dream about them touring here all the time... our best guess is it probably won't happen until next year. Hoping for a new SP album in the meantime, though!

Thanks! :wacko:

Yeah, I'm super excited for next year. New Coldplay, new SP, and maybe see them both live.

:wacky: 2011's gonna be amazing. :wacky::P

Oh, no! :( Is there any way you could take the exam early?? I hope it works out so you can go! :nice:

I tried everything - I even went talking to the head of the school about moving the exam, but the only way it would be possible was by getting a medical certificate on the day of the exam saying that I'm too ill to go. :/

So unfortunately we've sold the tickets!! :'( It just sucks big time!

Luckily I'm gonna see the guys in Copenhagen on Saturday though..

Something new:

they talk a little bit about Gary's jaw, slow start and there's a NOT FULL (>.<) performance of Run ^^

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zKModY-bWc&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Snow Patrol met Run bij DWDD[/ame]

also this:

"Guinness has announced a unique partnership agreement with Snow Patrol to give their fans unparalleled access to Northern Irelands top rockers. Gary Lightbody and Jonny Quinn from Snow Patrol tell us what it’s all about."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DlAvcekwBE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Guinness joins forces with Snow Patrol at Ward Park Bangor (The Full Story)[/ame]

Enjoy ^^

Gary has a haircut :wideeyed:

Something new:

they talk about a little bit about Gary's jaw, slow start and there's a NOT FULL (>.<) performance of Run ^^

HOW DID I MANAGE TO MISS THIS? I WATCH DWDD NEARLY EVERY DAY! :freak: I USUALLY DON'T WRITE IN ALL CAPS>

2,5 minutes in DWDD is pretty long though. Most musical performances are about a minute.

Berlin: Pure awesomeness! :dead:

and I wasn't there :bigcry:

and they even played You Could Be Happy (after all, Gary said "he'll make us happy" last year in Hamburg....) but at least someone filmed it for me. She said that "incredible things" happened, so I'm curious to read all your reviews! :nice:

Elena is going to see them in Amsterdam on 31st May. :cheesy:

It was a great concert und about the 'incredible things' ... maybe she meant the point when Gary suggested continuing the concert acapella because they had some technical problems (Gary's mircophone(s) didn't work at some points, his guitar didn't work).

And they played Make This Go On Forever for a fan who asked for it with a sign. Gary was so sweet reading out the sign and keeping it so that they could play the song later on.

Gary also dedicated You Could Be Happy to a security man who didn't move the slightest when Gary sang to him and thouched his shoulder and all. :lol:

Elena will give you I proper review, I suppose, she's trained in that. I'm definitely not so I don't try. ;)

Setlist ... uhm, do you want to have the right order?

They had a super new intro, techno-ish. With lasers and stuff. No band on stage though.

They opened with Open Your Eyes (how appropriated ;)). I really can't remember the order but the set included Chocolate, Spitting Games, You Could Be Happy, Hands Open, Run, Shut Your Eyes, Just Say Yes, Chasing Cars, Crack The Shutters, If There's A Rocket Tie Me To It, Take Back The City and The Golden Floor. As an encor they played the whole The Lightning Strike and You're All I Have. Plus the song for the fans, Make This Go On Forever.

I hope I didn't forget anything. :uhoh: Unfortunately we didn't manage to get a setlist.

And they played Make This Go On Forever for a fan who asked for it with a sign. Gary was so sweet reading out the sign and keeping it so that they could play the song later on.

ohh I just read the review from the girl I mentioned and she made that sign! so now it makes more sense with the incredible things :laugh3: she also met Gary after the concert, did you wait for the band as well?

thanks for the setlist :nice:

Yes, Elena, her friend and me waited, too.

Aw, it's great that she got to meet Gary after the concert as well, it was so insanly sweet from him how he kept her sign and read it out. There MUST be a video out there. But Germans seem to be slow on uploading their stuff - I haven't found more than three videos yet. No photos. Is that even possible? :o

Great, so you all met him too? :nice: Did the whole band come out after the concert or only Gary?

and she's got it all on video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YawQ8A-wUk]YouTube- Snow Patrol - Berlin 21.05.10 - Make This Go On Forever[/ame]

they're so lucky!

Gary was the first one to come out, as usual. Then he went in again to get his stuff. Nathan came out and as he talked to the fans, Gary went into the bus. But some fans asked him to come out again and chatted a bit in private with him (looked quite nice from the distance for they were only three fans and Gary behind the bus talking).

Pablo and Jonny came out almost simultaneously and Tom had disappeared. I suppose he got to the bus way before the others (he didn't leave after Jonny and Pablo, Elena and me saw their tour bus leaving and we didn't meet or even see Tom).