✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

Their LA show just went on sale and I'm sobbing because it's scheduled for the worst possible week of the entire year for me - my graduation week where I also have a crapload of final exams. Painful restraining myself. (though they did pick the single worst venue in the entire city)

"In the End" was a pretty inevitable single. Video is okay, not great.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their LA show just went on sale and I'm sobbing because it's scheduled for the worst possible week of the entire year for me - my graduation week where I also have a crapload of final exams. Painful restraining myself. (though they did pick the single worst venue in the entire city)

"In the End" was a pretty inevitable single. Video is okay, not great.

Basically the same thing happened to me. They picked the Electric Factory which I cannot stand, and I'm going to Coachella this year. I don't have much more wiggle room when it comes to buying concerts now. :P Ah well, catch 'em next time (hopefully when the venue is good quality).

Basically the same thing happened to me. They picked the Electric Factory which I cannot stand, and I'm going to Coachella this year. I don't have much more wiggle room when it comes to buying concerts now. :P Ah well, catch 'em next time (hopefully when the venue is good quality).

You're going to Coachella too? I was totally hoping SP would show up there, but oh well, lineup is stellar without them. See you there! :)

Me neither, best song of the album but the video.... hmmm .... they only display Gary, where's the rest of the band? And what's up with dancing people in every Snow Patrol music video from Fallen Empires?

Haven't been in here in foreverrrrr... BUT I have to admit I was wondering the same thing... either Gary has been watching too much So You Think You Can Dance or the rest of the band doesn't want to be in the videos? I'm embarrassed to say I don't love the video (obsessed with the song, though!). TIEYA is the best video from the new album.

Anyone here going to the shows in NYC or Boston?

Finally got round to watching the Reworked dvd last night - I've had it since November, but never had the time to see it. Man, those gigs must have been amazing! Now I have even more trouble waiting for March (when I will see them live for the first time) :)

if you're buying it just because of COITD, then just bear in mind that the other songs don't sound like COITD. maybe check out the other songs online, like watching the music video or posted audio, video, gigs (some of the songs have been played live already) stuff first?

@Brent

You should totally get Eyes Open. It's the album that got me into SP (and their best one IMO), and there's a lot of great songs on it (not just Chasing Cars).

Actually, that's the only other Snow Patrol album I own. It's okay. Better than this one, that's certain. I've heard that Final Straw is their best but I haven't listened to it :|

Actually, that's the only other Snow Patrol album I own. It's okay. Better than this one, that's certain. I've heard that Final Straw is their best but I haven't listened to it :|

aah, you're the same as me then, I only own Eyes Open. I want to listen to Final Straw but I have never got round to it.

Final Straw is a great album, but Eyes Open is the most popular and accessable.

A Hundred Millions Suns didn't live up to expectations but I don't find it TERRIBLE, lol

and on their new album, I am a big fan. It flows very well with songs such as New York, The End, The President, The Weight of Love, etc.

Final Straw will probably remain their masterpiece since they seem content with keeping a nearly identical sound for the past 3 albums. Yeah, the latest one has a few electro vibes, but most of the songs still sound just like anything on Eyes Open or AHMS.

They're forever the safest band in alt-pop-rock but they're good at it.

• 2 weeks later...