Chocolate

Called Out in the Dark

Fallen Empires

You're All I Have

Encore:

Lifening

Open Your Eyes

Just Say Yes

Yep, Everything Everything was the support. Didn't really like them, to be honest.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw them in dublin last month on the 2nd night and the setlist was different to the first night apparently. photo.php?fbid=3073311000494&set=a.3073252239025.2155179.1495242067&type=3&theater i haven't been on this site since before the release of fallen empires i think. The new album is great, i love the amount of variation in it, they experimented with new sounds the right way. There's some powerful songs on it like The President, TIEYA and The Garden Rules and a lot of vibrant and upbeat songs too, they've done a great job and have fitted them in well with the old stuff live.

• 2 weeks later...

^lucky you! Which show did you go to? I saw them in Berlin on Saturday, a girl there asked for a hug with a sign and Gary gave her one right away :nice:

The Berlin concert was awesome, we had such a great time :) the new songs are even better live, I loved all of them, especially New York. The lightshow during Fallen Empires was intense... I'm not epileptic or anything but I had to look at the ground a few times :laugh3:

Gary was joking around as always and he said how much he loved Berlin. Oh and we got the reworked version of Chasing Cars :wacky: and I heard Set The Fire and Just Say Yes live for the first time.

The support band, Rams' Pocket Radio were quite good too.

*sigh* we had such a great day!

Remember when you could send in photos for the tour book? I sent in the ones we took at the Hamburg show and our picture with Gary. Never thought they'd use them.... so we didn't buy the tour book but asked a girl who got it if we could have a look through it - there's two pages with fan photos and our picture with Gary is in there!! :laugh3: we're in the tour book! hahaha.. I guess I have to buy it now.

We met Gary again afterwards :) he looked quite tired but still signed stuff and posed for photos. My friend told him that he's "fucking patient", I think he liked that :lol:

2qdrjnb.jpg

I thanked him for the picture and he put his hand on my shoulder again and said "Take care" :heart:

He's the best! (and I'm such a fangirl, haha)

oooh you are even more lucky than i am :)

me and my friend made a banner saying "free hugs" and gary came down to give us a hug, then he took the sign, held it above his head and privatized it ;D

i would have loved to stay after the show but i had to run to catch my train back home :((

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone else heard about snow patrol playing at the Olympics opening ceremony this year? How do you guys feel about this? I'm not the biggest fan but I like a few of their songs so I will definitely be watching!

Anyone else heard about snow patrol playing at the Olympics opening ceremony this year? How do you guys feel about this? I'm not the biggest fan but I like a few of their songs so I will definitely be watching!

Yep, they will represent Nothern Ireland. I'm really looking forward for it

ermmm...to clarify, they aren't actually playing at the Olympics ceremony itself. the event they're going to be part of is a BT organised gig in Hyde Park on the day of the Olympics opening ceremony where there'll be big screens to also watch the opening ceremony.

1 of my colleagues was 1 of the first to point out that technically Snow Patrol aren't 100% Northern Irish...funnily enough. since he is the last person in the office (or even the world!) i would've expected to know this. haha

& technically speaking still, because of SP in a way, Scotland are represented twice ;) (officially Scotland's representative at the gig is Paolo Nutini).

no worries. :) it's common to be confused or mistaken about whether they're Northern Irish or Scotland. even the reviewers/journalists get it wrong.

Gary, Jonny & Nathan are from Northern Ireland. & their newest addition Johnny McDaid too.

but Pablo & Tom are from Scotland. then add to that the fact that Gary formed the band when he was studying in Scotland & they were based in Glasgow for a while. & these days most of them are based in London. probably easier just to call them "British". ;)

so I never posted in here since the concert I went to on April 17th in Toronto.

BUT!

I met Gary after the show, got a drum stick, and Gary wrote in a book of mine and told me a personal story about getting an autograph from a musician when he was a kid.

He wrote "this is not my book" which is awesome!

just thought I'd share; here is my picture,

559542_10150750107459445_510664444_9272072_714319598_n.jpg