✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

My reaction when Gary says the new album is coming.

Gary : The new album is coming fast.

Me : :vuvuzela::vuvuzela::vuvuzela:

Gary : I'm writing songs for the new album.

Me :bliss::loveshower::bliss:

Gary : 2014 is out 20th anniversary. We'll have new album ready for next year for sure.

Me : :dance:

Gary : The new album is coming soon.

Me : :blank:

Gary : The new album is coming soon.

Me : :dozey:

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Went to the show at Irving Plaza on Wednesday and they were frickin amazing! I last saw them 6 years ago at David Letterman. They are only playing 2 cities in the states this leg so I feel very lucky. The venue was tiny and intimate which I love and got 2nd row, I still cannot stop smiling, Gary's happiness was infectious. Here is the only good pic I took of the night and some vids on on periscope:

[MEDIA=twitter]986810775686828032[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/christa42/status/986810775686828032

https://www.pscp.tv/christa422/1mrGmRRvkkgJy

https://www.pscp.tv/christa422/1OyKANNpYOrGb

• Like 6

• 9 months later...
!

Does anyone go to their UK tour?

I’m see them in Leeds tomorrow. I want to know what time should I arrive at the venue if I want to be at the front row.

Hi! Yes I'm seeing them this Saturday 2nd February at Wembley Arena. Doors are 6pm for my show so I'm thinking of getting there for 5pm. How about you? I have a ticket for a seat by the way. I'm guessing you have a standing ticket as you're saying you want to get to the front?

Hi! Yes I'm seeing them this Saturday 2nd February at Wembley Arena. Doors are 6pm for my show so I'm thinking of getting there for 5pm. How about you? I have a ticket for a seat by the way. I'm guessing you have a standing ticket as you're saying you want to get to the front?

Yes, I have a standing ticket. I’m really short so I have to be at the front otherwise I’ll be seeing people’s head through the gig.

In Leeds doors open at 6.00 pm as well. I arrived at 11.00 am and there’re a few people already here. So, now I’ll just waiting.

Yes, I have a standing ticket. I’m really short so I have to be at the front otherwise I’ll be seeing people’s head through the gig.

In Leeds doors open at 6.00 pm as well. I arrived at 11.00 am and there’re a few people already here. So, now I’ll just waiting.

Oh cool, how was the show? I never get a standing ticket for shows as I'm short and if I couldn't see Coldplay in the flesh because I'm so short, I'd probably cry.

Did Snow Patrol play Run, or Chasing Cars? Also, how did you occupy your time while in the queue?

Why didn't I see this thread earlier!?

I am a huge fan of theirs since last year but I always liked their music. Their last album is amazing.

Open Your Eyes, Run and Called Out In The Dark are amazing songs. Crack The Shutters is my favourite of theirs though.

I am really enjoying their latest album Wildness. I went to their show in the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam on January 14th and they were incredible live!!!

IMG_20190114_221829.thumb.jpg.b65246fec5070da3ca54555bd7ecd97a.jpg

IMG_20190114_224355.thumb.jpg.a5efcd0eb0d7812ea874fae3c54f9914.jpg

IMG_20190114_223133.thumb.jpg.1ee87a57890891e5040ce4c959d71c95.jpg

IMG_20190114_221516.thumb.jpg.985ae48198148d92562b58c0d2b34167.jpg

• Like 1

Hi, how was their gig?

I'm looking forward to see some videos of their show!

Why didn't I see this thread earlier!?

I am a huge fan of theirs since last year but I always liked their music. Their last album is amazing.

Open Your Eyes, Run and Called Out In The Dark are amazing songs. Crack The Shutters is my favourite of theirs though.

I am really enjoying their latest album Wildness. I went to their show in the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam on January 14th and they were incredible live!!!

Haha they played all 3 of these songs at the show on Saturday!

Oh cool ☺️

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have been to 2 shows now and can't get enough..there was a time when Snow Patrol and Coldplay were the bands that helped me sooo much trough dark times. Somehow Coldplay got more important but always listened to SP in between . Now that I saw them live and met Gary ( and all the boys except Pablo ) I can say they are sooo great live and lovely to fans . Def going again :heart:

• Like 2

Wow, did you meet 4 out of the 5 Snow Patrol members??!!!! Amazing. They're great musicians, Gary's lines are emotional, Jonny's a great drummer, Nathan's a very good lead guitarist and Johnny McDaid is an amazing pianist/guitar player/singer as well! I hope you will get to meet Paul one day!

Bass players are often last but not least!!!

• Like 1

Hello,

Sounds cinematic? what does it mean? trying to get your point~ :) I did check it and saw the official video which is part of a film, an interesting idea of making MV, and a surprising illustration at the end after all the speed driving~ personally, I still think Run is much better a song (one is hard to imagine how it was coming into Gary's guitar after a dangerous incident...and became a breakthrough song during their most difficult phase)...I read that some people would cry in tears in private corners once hearing this song...this song really illustrates a hard/sad or even painful/pessimistic emotional/psychological state while a love/light/faith can lift/light you up onto the ground.... The family name Lightbody might indicate such inherence:idea:.

According to the Wiki introduction, "Open Your Eyes" has been used in many scenarios/by organizations, partially due to its *lyrics*, I guess, especially some charity ones, such as Save the Children~ [Gary seems involving certain charities for children/people with depression linked to his own struggling~ a "revealing" interview ~ hope it could be taken as lessons/warnings yet understanding for someone who is inclined to any substance abuse, mental difficulties and need more self-control/care & love. Good to know Meditation, Qigong and Acupuncture have helped him effectively. Another link: How Ed Sheeran, Monica from Friends and daily meditation helped Snow Patrol’s singer Gary Lightbody find his way back from years of drink and depression]

By some public introductions and reviews, Wildness seems quite personal but also a grander view on life...and the piano sound, the ocean, and a lonely piano man in "What If This Is All The Love You Ever Get", really expresses the protagonist's inner world~ and triggers general sympathy and compassion in humanity......in psychological/emotional or even spiritual realities: love is infinite, within you, and around you too~ we are all connected in a way that a common 3D relationship *ending* (by death or by memory or "separation"- in the interview, his father's conditions might be another sad/anxiety thing for him - it is surly very challenging. There is a very touching movie called The Notebook which is about the Alzheimer's ) could mean that our relating way has changed from certain perspectives, and this happening might be a waking-up call for our souls to truly explore and understand who we are and what this life on earth is all about? Hence we may begin to perceive ourselves/others differently......

Sorry for "writing a bit too much" as I just searched the internet for a few updates... and I visited UK/Ireland last summer. Like what I imagined before, the ocean and the music born out it have some intrinsic characters/textures...the echoing piano sound like the inner waves/sound to our soul... and lots of music along the trip~ really love:heart: